The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Stranger Comes A Calling

Snypiuer

OOC: As with the former Roll Calls, each participant is to add a little to the story, expanding upon what others have written.

Only rules are that no one can just end the story (kill everyone off - for example) or God-mode other members.

The character is a blank slate. Until YOU tell his story, we have no idea who he is or why he is here.

Most importantly, have fun!

I'll post a few more rules in the Cabaret Forum.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

The inhabitants of the Keep of the Pen is Mightier than the Sword, fitfully slept through a dark and stormy night (filled with the clanging of bells and maniacal laughter above it all), to awake to a calm clear morning.

Despite the beauty of the day, there was a sense of tension in the air. While Snypiuer had spent the entire night atop the highest spire in the Keep **(as mentioned in 'Dark Before the Dawn' posted in the News forum)** laughing at the storm and screaming "He comes upon the morrow!", he was no where to be seen or heard. As Pennites began their day and wondered to each other as to exactly what Snypiuer had meant, word came that, upon the horizon, a lone figure could be seen approaching the Keep.

By the time the stranger arrived, a small crowd had gathered to witness his arrival. . .

Unforunately for him, no sooner does he arrive than Curiosity, the ferret, scurried up him and starts barraging him with questions. Forunately for him, Giles Jordan,Soaring Heart and Seeking Mind quickly arrived. Picking up the ferret. Giles greeted him. "sorry about that.I am Giles Jordan and you are?"

Two giant Guinea Pigs quietly discussed recent events as they dusted and swept out the Peredhil suite. In deference to their duties, they had removed their jackets and rolled their sleeves, but retained vest and fedoras. Nuncio in particular kept stopping to dust his shoes.

Of Peredhil or his sons, there was no sign to be seen.

Yet.

"I am so very glad to see you!" exclaimed the stranger, one hand resting on his hip while the other gesticulated wildly in the air before finally coming to a rest on his forehead, as though to ease some unmentioned and not quite yet manifest pain. "I began to suspect I would never see anyone again - I am afraid I am also hopelessly lost - but then I realized - silly me - that that's impossible!"

Giles smile ratcheted down a few clicks at the strangers proclamation, but he persevered. "Uhhh... That's good. Um, I'm sorry, but I did not quite catch your name..."

The question lingered in the air for a nearly infinite moment - a symphony finished except for the last 32nd note, a target without a bull's eye, an earth without a moon, a moon without a man, a verb without a personal pronoun, a pair of suspenders without pants, a pan of unbaked cake batter, etc, etc, etc.

They eyed each other coolly...