The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Just When You Thought the Cabaret Room Was Rude Enough to be Safe...

Wyvern

Two majestic high beam lights power on from the ceiling of the Cabaret Room, lit and handled by expert troglyodyte technicians from the Almost Report. The lights swerve around the Cabaret Room and interrupt several quiet conversations and coffee sippers before eventually turning to focus on what appears to be a tall cardboard box that's been set up as a podium at the far end of the room. A claw finds its way to the top of the box and sets an unstable mic there, tapping it and causing a very loud screech of distortion that makes everyone in attendance clutch their ears in unison. Wyvern pokes his head up once the distortion has passed, then lets out a nervous laugh and hisses:

"Bab- errr, Ladies and dudes. I'm gonna try n'keep this little announcement as polite as possible given the nature of the event. So if you can't hang with that, buzz off!" Wyvern snorts and spits a bit of ash onto the Cabaret carpet, then glances down at the black clump and sheepishly shifts it to the side with his tail stinger. "*Ahem* I'd like to take a moment to hossst a special gift auction here, for a certain ssspecial occasion that many of you may be aware of. And if you ain't, feel free to buzz off! Errr, I mean buzz off please."

Wyvern circles a claw in the air, and two of his news crew henchmen pull a sheet from the Cabaret wall, revealing a large messily doodled portrait. Though the details of the portrait are somewhat sketchy at best, two large guinea pigs can be made out holding two elves on their shoulders, while a taller and more elegant silhouette of an elf can be made out in the background.

"Thisss priceless Almost Dragonic Brand Scribble Portrait™, entitled 'Of Elves and the Pigs of Guinea,' isss now up for bids with a special condition." Wyvern pauses for dramatic effect, almost causing the mic to shriek again. "The condition being that the winner of the bidding mussst give the portrait to Peredhil as a birthday gift. If this special element of the bidding bothers you, buzz off! Pleassse."

With that, Wyvern presses his claws together and waits for bids, muttering something under his breath about all proceeds going to Almost Report location funding...

;-)

OOC: Happy Birthday, Peredhil. Thank you for giving so many people something to believe in at the Pen over the years. :)

Peredhil wandering in absent-mindedly, eyes fixed on the floor looking for dropped change. He wears a blush, a bit of icing, and a very dazed expression from the stripper. Looking up and seeing Wyvern...

Wyvern! How wonderful. Here's the $1.36 I've collected toward the Pen Board Fees. quick hugs If I could just remember where I hid that mountain of geld I had. the Polite one wanders back off scratching his head to aid memory, leaving Wyvern with a dazed expression at the mention of a mountain of geld. The long lolling tongue encountered icing and in a swirling motion, licked it.

The reptilian eyes sharpened suddenly.

"Peroxide-blonde, 38, 24, 36, pasties, white cake, one hug and an unclaimed paid-for dance!!!"

Portrait forgotten, Wyvern hurried after Peredhil

Peredhil! Stop! Where was your party! I'll do it for you!