The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen in 2008

Wyvern

Wyvern brushes down the wrinkles on his Almost Dragonic Brand Tuxspeedo™ and steps up onto a "2008" platform that's been set up in the Cabaret Room. The overgrown lizard takes a sip of booze, then sets his plastic cup down on the sensitive soundboard equipment and raises a loudspeaker to his snout.

"Attention pennitesss! With the coming New Year, I thought we could have a spot to hear people'sss thoughts on the future of the Mighty Pen in 2008. in particular:

• What would you like to see more of at the Mighty Pen in 2008?
  • What do you plan to contribute to the Mighty Pen in 2008?
  • Are there any new ideas or suggestions you have for the Mighty Pen in 2008?

For my part, I'd like to see more interactive Pen character RPing at the Pen in 2008, perhaps via enforcing a more spontaneous and liberal approach to character RPing... nothing stopping folks from making character cameos in any thread at any time, after all! I plan to contribute more interactive events, as well as continuing to improve the Almost Report by getting more of the Pen community involved in it."

With that, Wyvern sets the loudspeaker at his side with a painful screech of static. He almost knocks over the forgotten cup of booze with his tail stinger as he hops off of the stage, leaving the space open for any who want to speak their thoughts...

Peredhil waits to ensure he's not interrupting, then mounts after a Polite bow. Clearing his throat and adjusting the mike, oddly enough after having seen thousands of movies, doesn't make awkward sounds or squeak the speakers.

I'd like to see more of me at the Pen, and contribute more in all areas. It is a simple fact of life that the more a person writes, the more they CAN write. I think many of we old-timers let a reputation stand in our sub-conscious ways, and strive to not disappoint, rather than just writing playfully as we used to do. I'm going to try to avoid that, so prepare for major suckage in quality. Grins.

I'd also like to begin providing more feedback, even it if is of the "I read this" type. Life *is* busy and the pressures thereof mount, but to be part of a community, I feel I need to not just stay in my comfort zone, but throw myself to the edges. Part of that for me means coming to know all the rest of you through your works.

Bows again to all, since they're too far away to hug, and wanders down and away for now.

• What would you like to see more of at the Mighty Pen in 2008?

Shinies!

• What do you plan to contribute to the Mighty Pen in 2008?

Corpsies! and Shinies! Shiny Corpsies!

• Are there any new ideas or suggestions you have for the Mighty Pen in 2008?

Uhm. I really like the idea of a few big events such as a carnival, fall ball, and/or irc party sometime :)

\^_^/

Edited by Valdar and Astralis