Delivered in the form of snow

Busy travelers cars are crawling

As the snow keeps on falling.

Thought winter had its last hurrah?

So sorry not in Canada.

Smile inside the Riesling’s calling

As the snow keeps on falling.

Edited by Regel

I quite liked the repetition of, "as the snow keeps falling". It was a nice way of returning the reader to the matter at and. I must admit that I almost got a Thomas Beckett feel from this—the endless cycle of snow that never seems to go—except you include an element of nostalgia for the snow that is almost warm among the frigid snow. The line in the last stanza, "So sorry, not in Canada" provides a nice bit of humor at the end that adds some warmth to the poem as a whole.

It grew on me a bit on the second and subsequent reads. :)

I did have one question. The reisling you mention in the next to last line. Are you referencing riesling wine? A connoisseur of wines, I am not. http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Edited by Da_Yog

I found myself reading out-loud, picturing myself stamping and shoveling to the beat. Nicely done. a couple of minor spelling errors, but that's what revision is for. When I try to revise as I write, I lose the original vision.

*hugs*

Good job, elder-brother-man!

Wonderful rhyming and great rhythm - but I must say, as a fellow Canadian I'm a bit tired of the subject matter (not as a subject, mind you, but as matter :P) Ah well, at least it's not very cold this year so far, mostly. And I *do* appreciate the snow a bit - the one year we had Christmas more or less without it was super strange and I wouldn't want that again. But it would be nicer if it waited until mid-November and was gone by March!

• 3 weeks later...