The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Carnival Discussion

Katzaniel

Everyone loved the Carnivals, or so it seems. But they're very tiring to run. The guilds started them and the guilds had always run them, but they petered off and then died because it was hard running the guilds and doing the carnivals at the same time, and it seemed like we never had time free from planning carnivals. I haven't posted anything or spoke to my fellow guildleaders so I hope I'm not out of order here, but it seems to me like if we could make the carnivals into a generally-planned thing, they might happen again. Most of the guildleaders would probably participate but at least there wouldn't be as much on our shoulders.

What usually happens is that we have a few standard events that need to be run: a kissing booth, something along the lines of tag or a snow-fight, the item auction and a bachelor or bachelorette auction. We also need someone to tally all the geld earnings and update the actual amounts; that would probably have to be the guildleaders or at least other mods. And there would have to be enough interest so that people are running their own booths too. Aside from the starting and ending posts, I think that's about it, but both auctions take a lot of work (the item auction has three polls, tie breakers, and actual auction, and the bachelor/ette has the matching, which is never easy) and the geld is hard to keep up with, too.

I guess I'm just wondering how much interest/help could we expect? Would anyone be willing to take on all or part of a booth/event?

Sorry to be quick, I'm really pressed today.

I would help!

The bachelor/bachelorette auctions were my baby, so I'm happy to take that on. Slave Master MC is something that comes naturally to me. :0)

Also, if we don't have the manpower, I don't see why we couldn't just have one or two item auctions, we wouldn't need to have 3. Just a suggestion.

Also, if any poets out there would be interested in where Alaeha left off with his poetry challenges, I personally, would LOVE that. Even redoing some version of those classes would be great, imo.

I'm flying to NM today, so I'll check back here late tonight. :0)

Also, if one person could keep track of geld, that seemed to work best back in the day. I know Orlan used to do it, but if one person (NOT WYVERN) wanted to be like a book keeper, they could update the totals once a day or week or something.

~Salinye :fairy:

I could do the bookkeeping, no prob. Can't guarantee having time available to manage other stuff though.

Rev has offered to start a poetry class some time back but has gotten distracted from it since. No other initiatives on that part since then.

...Talk about being quick :P