The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I Just Dropped By To Say Hello

Xeros

{The doors to the Cabaret Room come flying open. All activity within the room ceases and all eyes fall on the doorway. A light fog forms at the entrance and a shadowy figure appears. The fog starts to glow a deep redish color, and instantly ignites into flames. As the flames slowly die off the figure in the shadows walks through and is revealed to be Xeros. He looks around the room at all the new faces, and sees some familiar faces from days past.}

Xeros: And just when you thought it was safe in the Pen, I have come back.

{He bows politely and smiles an evil grin, before walking fully into the Cabaret Room and with a flick of his hand, the doors close hard behind him. Xeros walks up to one of the few empty tables and takes a seat.}

From up on the wall of the Cabaret an Ancient Visage stirs. Could it be...? A strange, far off echo of days long past...

The Portrait of Zool stirs to life. Long inanimate, he moves slowly at first, then yawns and stretches, shaking the dust off his canvas before peering down into the semi-lit gloom and oddly fog shrouded floor of the Cabaret. "Could it be...?" he murmurs... Xeros! I knew I sensed a bit of the Old Magic!

The Portrait, A long time fixture of the Pen and witness to all it's history, smiled broadly - a sight rarely seen in these days. "It is good to see you Xeros. Welcome back to the Mighty Keep of The Pen is Mightier than the Sword! Bartender, treat Master Xeros to anything he desires - I am sure he is thirsty after his long, long journey back to these parts."

"Perhaps he may even regale us with a tale or two of his long journey... :)

• 2 weeks later...

. . . everyone at the bar turns toward the door, raise their glasses, and in unison and yell "Hey Norm!" . . . High G, slaps the button on the black box holding the strange square crystal ball, and it goes dim. As he shoves it back in his bag he mutters, mostly to himself, "Mage or not, I'll buy nothing else from this Sam Sung". With the tip of his hat, a flourish of brightly colored feathers, High G steps aside to allow plenty of room for Xeros to pass, both as a gesture of respect for the grand entrance and to make sure the ostrich feathers on his hat are not singed in any other display of pyrotechnics.

Edited by hig4s

• 2 weeks later...

"The PROOF OF THE PUDDING IS IN THE KERFULFELDAH!!!", hollers Ozymandias at Xeros immediately before jabbing a finger into the air much too hard to keep his balance.

SMASH!

"Oh dear, he's in his cups again", comments a random writer, shaking his head sadly.