The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Another Happy Birthday

Gyrfalcon

Wyvern pauses next to the Cabaret Room as a familiar twinkle of riches catches the corner of his eye. Neon "detour" signs automatically begin flashing on and off in the overgrown lizard's head. Wyv rubs his claws together in anticipation, then throws his arms in the air and bounces into the room in the hopes of finding some shiny object to claim or barter or replicate and scheme over. He stops short and shakes his head for a moment when he finds that it's Ayshela covered in Mynx's glitter, but claps his claws together as he remembers that it's her birthday.

"Hope you have a great one, 'shela." Wyvern scoops up a third of the chocolates from Mynx's plate and crams them into his mouth. "C'mome too thhhyink o *gulp* it, I gotta little gift for you. Hope ya enjoy!"

Wyvern pulls a hefty sack of items off of his back and begins sorting through it, tossing miscellaneous trinkets left and right until he pulls out a six-foot mirror. Ayshela squints at the mirror as Wyvern approaches with it. She immediately identifies it as Mardrax's old mirror, only with a scaly crimson border pasted around it.

"It'sss interpretive art." Wyvern grins and presents the mirror to Ayshela with pride. "I call it the Almost-an-Image Reflector, cus' it almost reflects one's whole image but then the scaly border getsss in the way and blocks off part of it."

"Well, thank you" says Ayshela with as much enthusiasm as she can muster. After a moment or two, she gives in with a slight frown. "Wyvern... are you sure Mardrax was O.K with you taking this mirror? It looks sort of pricey."

"Oh, of coursssse!" Wyvern tosses back a claw and laughs. "He gave away a whole bunch of his stuff for free in that big yard sale, you remember? I found all sorts of neat gifts for artful modification in those piles. Like check these out."

Wyvern sorts through the sack again and begins singling out a few more items. The overgrown lizard displays an item tagged Mardrax's Top Secret Personal Diary "Of Wyverns and WereApes: A Novel w/ really cool improvised stick figure illustrations by Wyvern." The tiny black "book" also has a note attached to it, which reads "Happy Belated Birthday, Tralla. Enjoy!" Next to the black book, Wyvern sets down Mardrax's Cable Antenna a Makeshift Sharpein Planetary Communication Device, with the note "Happy Belated Birthday, Pillow" attached. Finally, Wyvern tosses out an item labeled Mardrax's Lucky Pencil Case Authentic Cafe Copperwear Carrier, along with the note "Happy Belated Birthday, Lady Celes Crusador. Come visit us some time!"

"So, ya think they'll like'em?" Wyvern winks to Ayshela with a curious grin, tossing what appears to be a framed childhood photo of Mardrax from claw to claw...

OOC: Hope you had a good one, Ayshela. ;-) And a Happy Belated to Tralla, Pillow, and Lady Celes Crusador... sorry I'm so late with them, I'm not as on top of my RPed B-day responses as I used to be. :-(

Mardrax walks into the room, a slightly disoriented look on his face.

"Oh, I really didn't mean to come in here. I was headed for the toilet, actually. But you people will forgive me my intrusion upon your party, will you not? It's just that... What occasion is this party in honour of? Oh wait, isn't today the anniversary of the Cabaret Room? No. Wait a minute."

He reaches into one of his pockets, taking out a rubber ball, tossing it away behind him, reaching in again and resurfacing with a small book in his hand. He opens it and starts turning pages when he suddenly lights up.

"Ayshela! Today's your birthday isn't it? Or no, that was yesterday! Better late than never, I always say. Now which one of you is Ayshela? Ah, it must be the one with the chocolate."

Walking towards the little group of people, he extends a hand at Mynx.

"Hello there Ayshela, I'm Mardrax. Nice to finally meet you, and a happy birthday!"

Leaving Mynx with a baffled look on her face, he turns towards the not-a-dragon with the picture in his claws.

"Mister Wyvern, so nice to meet you here, and to see you've fully recovered.... Just what are you doing with that picture of Abraham Lincoln as a baby?"

OOC: Happy b-day to those others as well ofcourse, though I fear I know you even less than I know 'Shela... An issue to be solved some day ;)

Edited by Mardrax

I have often been ambivalent about birthdays of late but it occurs to me that the alternative to having them is not having them. So with all things considered as W.C. Fields once said "...I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

Ayshela creeps in to Peredhil's recovery day and pulls the ribbon on Sweet's hug.

Thank you all! It was rather an extended birthday, which is always fun. And my youngest kicked me out of the kitchen for the night, to make me lasagne! yay!

A line forms in front of the table beside Ayshela. Each person gets a hug and a piece of lemon filled cake.

Ah, I'm just in time... What? No, I'm not late. Of course I'm not late - I'm never late! What are you talking about? Are you mad? I can't be late. Look, it says right here on my wrist sundial, confirmed I might add by my Zenith's Almanac AND by the ever-reliable London Underground Timetable, that I am precisely... well, I mean, exactly... um, well, ah... oh, poop!

Well, I'm here now, so I can at least add my own belated very best birthday wishes and hugs to the extended, extended birthday celebrations :)

*hugs*