The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

October Promotions! (yes, it's been updated!)

Ozymandias

Let's see here...

where did I put that?

[rummage]

[rummage]

[rummage]

No.

BONK!

Oo, is that it?

[crinkle]

[rustle]

[crinkle]

Sigh. No.

clink

...?

clink

Hmmm.

plink

clink

clink

clink

HAH! Gotcha!

Ah, the old chemistry set. It's been a long, long while . But, no better thing to answer cries for more action. Heh. ^_^

'cept perhaps, for G.I.Joe, but that's beside the point.

Actions, reactions, strange smells I shan't have to explain to mum...glorious.

Anyway, you demanded it, you got it! More action around here, you say? THEN IT'S TIME FOR A CHEMISTRY LESSON!

Inasmuch as a lesson can still exist when the educational content consists entirely of 'don't touch that if you want to keep your fingerprints'.

However, today's lesson still has all the important stuff. Like CHEMICALS! And, if you're very, very good (and my reflexes are as fast as they used to be) - the melting of some ingredients of you standard home toolbox.

audience: OOOOOOOOOOH.

FIRST,

[rummage]

[rummage]

we take some Phoenixium!*

[grunch]

OW! @#$%&!

><

:cry:

...after carefully donning rubber gloves! {:>\

...mix it with...Dauananium!**

[grunch]

[grunch]

[grinch]

[gronch]

Back away quickly...

[poof]

(sure, you laugh now, but my dog still has narcoleptic fits when he even sees the stuff.)

And VOILA! A violent chemical reaction, producing an opaque turquoise potion which gives the user protection from twisted plans.

Sorry, Wyv. ;>)

For everyone who has ever doubted the power of "natural gas", observe what happens when we mix two of the most potent floral extracts: daunanium and silusium*** .

[slosh]

[slosh]

[slosh]

[CRACK]

The resultant froth is a translucent orange potion which gives the user the power of x-ray vision!

There's some deeper meaning here, I'm sure, but it escapes me at the moment.

Let's see, what else did I have in here... Oooh, one of my favorites! Lady Eve Silverthornetium: a cloudy, frangible**** gold solid obtained from the bones of a shrew.

It's gold, and can make you feel like a junior necromancer! You can't miss.

Mix that with Daunanium, and

[jingle]

[jingle]

[jingle]

[WHOOMF]

khaaak.

haak.

hack.

wheeeeeze.

...we have an opaque black potion which gives the user protection from thieves!

...sorry, Wyv. :>)

Well that concludes our lesson for today. To summarize: our folks mix well, and build great things together. Congratulations, and Keep up the good work!

*phoenixium: a cloudy, crumbly mauve solid siphoned form the saliva of a gryphon.

**dauananium: a translucent, fine white powder drawn from the root of a morning glory.

***silusium: an opaque, soapy beige liquid drawn from the flower of a honeysuckle.

****Frangible, fran'ji-bl, a. [From L. frango, to break. FRACTION.] Capable of being broken; brittle.

-Webster's Home Reference Dictionary of the English Language, Franklin J. Meine, Ed. 1947

all reagents and reactions courtesy of http://mavra.perilith.com/~rfreebern/potion/, and Mr. Freebern's Potion Maker

The rest was ALL ME, BABY!

I go sleepy now.

Guest Phoenix

Um....

thank you..?

*wonders how this happened and how i missed it...*

thank you lots and lots :)

*blushes*

*scuttles off grinning to plot a quill quest*

Dauna stares in disbelief at Ozymandias the Elder. "But, but... I haven't been here for the past two weeks!" Thinks back on time and adds, "At least."

A sudden thought hits her with the fierceness of a lightning bolt. "OWWW!!!" oops. sorry. overenthusiastic narrator here. ;)

"You're trying to make me stay around, aren't you? Admit it! Why you sneaky, duplicitous... Angels! You like me, you really like me!" At such light and fluffy thoughts, Dauna floats off into the clouds... or maybe fog just rolled in.

In Texas? She looks around warily. Or maybe Wyv is testing some Almost Dragonic Brand product... Suddenly fearing the fog, Dauna runs in whatever direction she might be facing only to smack into a pole and black out, ensuring that the possibly noxious fog completely saturates her being. ewww.

OOC: Sorry, couldn't help myself. I think being away from you guys wasn't good for me somehow. Y'all are my outlet for insanity and now it's begun spreading to the other place. Somehow I don't think they can handle that part of me too well. heh.

So yeah, I don't think I'll stay away so long next time. Thanks for the promotion! :) (Though I still think it's weird and suspicious. :P )