The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Ring Poetry

Sweetcherrie

This challenge is based on the ring writing done for stories in the past by lilValdar.

Basically you sign up here in this thread. Those people that have signed up will be organised into a circle, and clockwise you will write a poem about the next person in the ring.

If you’re signing up with a character please mention which character you sign up with.

I’ll leave sign up open for a week, and next weekend I will announce the circle :)

Oh, and I'm in with Sweetcherrie ^_^

• 5 weeks later...

I had left this alone for a bit since only Tanny had shown interest, and no matter how much I love her poetry...a ring with two people is a bit small.

This is still open for sign-up. Am currently on holiday, and Gyr is here as well, so time is being diverted largely into other things.

But I will come back to this. Until that time, feel free to sign up for it :)

I would like to try it out... I don't know all of you, and you don't me, but I thik it will be fun. Do you think it would be helpful if we gave a bit of info on our selfs first Sweetcherrie? That way we can help out with the writing.... just a thought...

I would like to sign in with my character Zepheri... if that is ok...

• 2 months later...

Weehoo cool!

Sooo…I’ve sorta mixed up the names and out this came. (I actually made notes with the names and pulled them out one by one :P)

Below you will find the ring, and we’ll work clockwards.

.......................................Mynx

....................Wrenwind.................Zepheri

......Sweetcherrie..................................Cryptomancer

...................Tanuchan...................Mardrax

....................................Katzaniel

So Mynx writes a poem about Zepheri, Zepheri about Cryptomancer, and so on, until we finish the circle with Wrenwind writing about Mynx.

Afterwards the poems can be posted in this thread :)

I’ll put about 2 weeks for this, but remember the main object of this whole thing is simply to have fun while writing ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Wrenwind

Her satin touch

Feeds a storm

Of sensual whispers

And passionate rage

Her amethyst mirrors

Reflect a soul

Kinder than many

And wiser than most

Her eloquent words

Provide a sense,

Of direction and meaning

And inspire those in need.

Through darkness and light

Through sad times and worse

Through happiness and laughter

She is and always will be,

A little gem.

Still not entirely happy with it, but I can always come back for little fixes later :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting here to say that I have the first draft of a poem for Tanuchan that still needs a lot of work.

And, for Mardrax:

If you want to write about my main character (half human and half tiger), there's a wealth of information about her - perhaps too much. It's a bit of a confusing character... she's currently much different from her first appearance and even her overall description, so you'd have to read a good part of this and I'd still probably have to PM you a new description. I do have that description already written, but like I said, this might be waaay more than you want to get into. If you want to do Katzaniel, I recommend you do her before Homeward Bound took place (in which case you can just use the description as it's written) or ignore her previous incarnations and just do Aniel (I'd still have to send you that PM), or let me write up a summary for you. But keep in mind that there's also Inbi (a young female ice and fire mage who spent much of her life stealing for food) and Horace (a completely unintelligent demoness who can't find her way back to the underworld). I'm trying to use these two more often in my writing, anyway. I recommend you just grab whichever of those two sounds more interesting and then go with it. Unless you've already started... in which case I'm very sorry that I didn't post all of this sooner.

I haven't started on it yet, though I've been promising myself I would for quite some time now. Doesn't look like I will to after New Year's though. Will be tied up in partying until the 2nd.

In the meantime though, feel free to PM me anything you might want to, because I really haven't decided yet on which character I would base it on. I seem to like biting off more than I can seem to chew though :P

Also, Tani, I think I'd need to give you just about the same as Katz gave me ^_^ If you want a more detailed description about the character I'm using than the few rather hazy bits he's let go about himself up to now, I'd be happy to PM you what thoughts I have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the time taken... RL has been rather nasty on the 'time' aspect.

It's rather hastily written, and I hope Sweet forgives me any inaccuracies - I've based it on her Piazza description. If you feel there anything that doesn't fit, please do talk to me.

A somewhat unhappy wolf pads in, an apologetic smile in her face as she pins a parchment below the notice of the Ring formation. Mumbling about the need of devices to stretch time just a bit more, she spends some extra minutes to channel some earth threads into the written poem, assuring that it becomes permeated with the soft smell of young leaves and spring rain.

Giving herself a shake, Tanny sighs and darts off for duties elsewhere.

SWEETCHERRIE

Followed by fire

with fire within,

walking on the Keep

curious to learn.

A rational mind

on passional heart,

a magic that comes

in guises unexpected

- confusion that spreads

upon suffering machines.

A writer of tales,