The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Shoutbox!

Righty, first a question towards people, anybody who knows anything about this....

Will we get another shoutbox?

Then secondly, anybody up for using a thread like shoutbox in the meantime?

This one for example? :P

Edited by Sweetcherrie

My Eye!

Random tip of the day:

Never rub your eye after applying an arthritic cream to your arm/leg or misc body part, even if it's been several hours since the application. Especially if the principle ingredient happens to be Capsaicin. You know that chemical that happens to make peppers so dang hot.

rev...

Edited by reverie

I'll second that.

And add Anti-flam and Tiger Balm to the list of no no's to have on your hand.

Another random tip:

If you get your wisdom teeth cut out, give it at least two weeks before you go to a movie. Especially if it's an action movie with loud sound effects (aka deep base aka vibrations).

*shudders* at the wisdom teeth vibes... God that just sounds terrible. It reminds me of the time I had half a tooth knocked out, and the nerve got exposed for a day or so until the dentist could cap it. Anyway, anytime even a slight breeze hit that nerve, it was like needle through your gum. OCH!

Edited by reverie

OMG!!! I'm about a third of the way through reading the insanely funny A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson for an upcoming class, and I just learned that Bunnies really are evil.

It appears some idiot in the 1850's introduced twenty-four cute little bunny-wunnies into the Australian Outback for sport. Bunnies having no natural predators or parasites in the land-down-under multiplied like crazy. And with in a decade or so, millions upon millions of tiny little hip-pity-hops descended like a plague of locust on the fragile fields of Australian, moving at a rate of 75 miles a year. It took almost a hundreds years to figure out how to stop the little beasties using a virus lethal only to rabbits. But by then the damage was done, and Australian instead of being semi to occasionally desert turned pretty much mostly all-the-time desert.

What a catastrophe. And the funny thing is that even though only 1 in a thousand of the bunnies survived the virus, the now immune population of has managed to rebound over 300 million. Will the scourge of hop-a-longs never be stopped?!

Hmm, ya knows since the damage is already done and the Australian Wolf has long been extinct, I wonder if introducing American Wolves and birds of prey could help. On second thought maybe not. The wolves would have a field day with all the 'roos, and the infamous marsupial mice wouldn't stand a chance. How 'bout tasmanian devils? they're relativity close by.

rev...

Erm... it's on its side if it's got 1 white wall and 3 green ones. Or rather, 2 opposing green ones and a green roof, with possibly stucco or tiling or something on the wall opposing the white one - and probably also white.

Er. Yeah.

PS. Somehow I suspect that introducing anything would do more harm than good. If we humans have learned anything from our multiple past mistakes, we should know that. :P

• 2 weeks later...

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

What? It says shoutbox, doesn't it? :P

Katz, thanks for the clarification, but I think that since I didn't suffer sudden changes of direction in gravity when entering or leaving the bathroom, I'll conclude that it's not on its side after all. :D