The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bachelorette Auction

Mynx

Evangeline was tapping her foot, and L'kaira was standing next to the door. Rena'ah couldn't put it off any longer. Swallowing her nervousness, she stepped to the door and onto the stage.

She wore an azure full-circle skirt made from very fine, hand-woven linen that swept her ankles and billowed out behind her when she walked. It had been hand-dyed, and wasn't evenly colored, but it had been skillfully hidden by layering dyes. On top she wore a fitted linen tunic in a lighter shade of blue, with sleeves that flared from elbow to just below her wrist. The ties at the dropped neckline were undone, show a small triangle of skin below the collarbone. Her only jewelry consisted of a wooden button on a light blue ribbon tied around the base of her throat, hand-carved in a pattern of twisted vines. The lights shone on dark auburn hair that tumbled in pronounced waves past her waist, pulled away from her face with a simple wooden clip in the shape of a leaf. A thin section of the gathered hair had been braided, providing a bit of contrast to the rest, and clasped at the end with another small carved leaf.

Rena'ah tried to walk slowly and gracefully, like everyone else had, but it was useless - a lifetime of training can't be undone in a second - and she ended up striding silently to the end of catwalk on powerful legs, running out of stage much too soon.

She stood there for a few seconds with her hands clasped behind her back and wishing she had her dagger to play with, trying to formulate what to say. Deciding to just wing it, she brought her hands around front with a small clap. "Hello, my name's Rena'ah. None of you know me, I've never been here before, so I'll tell you a bit of what I like and all that. I'm twenty..." //No need to tell them just how recent a development that is...// "...I'm a Master Woodsman, and I have been for years. I have a small" - Rena'ah held up her thumg and forefinger about an eighth of an inch apart - "small Healing Gift, I'm an Earth Sensitive, and a MindHealer." She was wracking her brains, trying to come up with something to say... "I like archery and quarter-staff, and can hold my own in a spar of either kind; I'm also proficient with a dagger. I enjoy simply spending time with people, rather than trying to find some specific activity that everyone can enjoy, which is sort of impossible. Um... yeah. My hair is off-limits," she glared, suddenly losing her nervous air. "I don't care how much you like it or want to play with it, it's mine and you can't touch it." Smiling again, she nodded her head in acknowledgement of the the many men in the room and turned to go.

Edited by Evangeline

Alexa felt herself be pushed forward from someone. She turned around to glare at Fae, but it either wasn't her, or she disappeared behind someone before Alexa turned around. She sighed. Might as well. Nothing to lose...Except her pride. But she already lost most of that just by being pushed into this thing. "I'm...Uhh...Alexa. I...Like...Stuff? Poetry...Music...Reading a good book...And bright colours" she continued, relaxing a bit. "And that sort of thing. Heh." She realized that wasn't exactly a great introduction...But it would have to do. She winked, to show confidence, even though she didn't really have much, and walked offstage.

Now FAE decided to run up in front of everyone"Hehe! Hiya! I'm Fae and I'm 19 and I like...Pretty much everything that adorable little girlie said. Except penguins. And bunnies...Eep! Bunnies scare me." The half-faerie looked around and flashed an adorable smile and bounced offstage, tackling Lexa. "WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

L'kaira glared at Evangeline; Evangeline glared right back without flinching.

**No.**

"Yes, thou will."

**No, I won't.**

"Yes, thou - oh for heaven's sake! Whyever NOT?"

**Because you were the one to sign me up and you did not ask ME, and I do not DO this sort of thing.** L'kaira was dangerously calm about the matter.

Evangeline sighed. "Look, the worst that can happen is the no one will bid for thee. 'Tis not such a bad fate, from thy point of view!"

L'kaira glared again, then sighed explosively and went on stage, flinging the curtain angrily out of her way as she passed it. Her hair laid docilely behind her ears and down her back, flat and shining dark purple. The purple chain at her waist glinted in the spotlights, against the backdrop of her straight black skirt and white shirt. She reached the end of the catwalk in what seemed like five strides and stood there, glaring at all the men in the seats. Then she put her hands on her hips and began in Broadcast MindSpeech, so that everyone - no matter if they were Gifted or not - could hear.

**My name is L'kaira dae Frendsul. I am not human. I'm the strongest telepath I've ever met - you can't lie to me. I don't want to do this, Evangeline put me up to it, but I can promise that any man who bids on me - ** she said bid as if it were a dirty word ** - that it will not be what you expect.** She surveyed the massed men again, the lifted herself up and simply carried herself through the air back to the curtain - why walk when she didn't have to? - as Evangeline shook her head in despair.

{{Here - http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=114589 - is the link to my first IC post, in which L'kaira's outfit is described in more detail. Please go to the sixth paragraph and read that!}}

WildJoker noticed that her connection with the Pen walls hadn't completely disappeared after taking on a new body. By touching the bare stone she sensed many things going on... something about a carnival... the landscape seemed to change often, but through it all was one... 'option' which stood out to her.

An auction, they called it. But if she understood it right, people would pay money to go on a date with her.

A slow grin spread over her face and she righted herself.

"Food"

The word sounded good, and it had been such a long time too. Her voice was husky with anticipation, and she liked the sound of it. She wouldn't have been surprised if the former occupant had been a good singer.

Needing the practise and old habits kept her talking out loud, "I assume a certain level of decency is needed."

She sighed and opened the wardrobe. It contained exactly what she wanted, and she wasn't much surprised by this. There was a lot of magic on these grounds.

She regarded her new body in the mirror on the door. It was slightly taller than her former body, with long sleek legs, a flat belly with a small dent as bellybutton, firm, round breasts and ass, high cheekbones, and large green eyes with long eyelashes and full lips. Her fingers were long, and were already growing her own needle-thin nails. Her hair was black and reached to her waist in long waves.

It was a very good body, and WildJoker smiled her Joker grin. Flexible skin and muscles allowed for her features to blend in over the old ones. Her grin reached its Joker quality already.

She put on the tight black leather pants as if she put on a second skin. Her, also black leather, laced boots went up over her knees and she tapped the floor a few times with the stiletto heels, just to hear the sound.

A blood-red corset was quickly laced shut, front and back, holding her breasts together and leaving her arms free.

A wide belt went over her hips. There were various hooks on it to hold her 'tools', but for now, she left them empty.

A black velvet choker with a single blood red stone in the middle went around her neck, and two longer strips of black leather where wound around her arms with generous spacing between each loop.

She tilted her head as she looked in the mirror again.

"Shall we go all out, my dear? Tell them who you are?" she grinned and winked at her mirror image.

"Let's!"

Her hair went up in several twisted strings, held tightly to her head with various pins. Reverentially she took down the hair band from it's shelf in the wardrobe.

It was made from a strange black metal. She would hardly notice the weight on her head. It was styled like a three-pointed Joker cap, but flat and the points waved backwards. With care, she placed it on her hair. Moving her head she noticed the red and green specks which shimmered in the light. If she stood still, it was as black as her hair.

"Now how to get there... do we go in style, or in secret?"

She looked around the room again and touched the bare wall. It should be possible...

After concentrating hard, she found the spot, and stepped through.

Backstage at the Auction, there was the tiniest change in atmosphere as WildJoker stepped into the dressing room. A cleaning lady startled at her appearance, and quickly grabbed her things and scuttled out.

They would know soon she was here. No point in delaying.

WildJoker opened the door and strode towards the stage. As it was empty, she walked on. Her hips swayed, her heels rang their sound and the crowd went silent.

She took up a pose at the front, leaning on her right leg, hip out, her hand at her waist. She touched her bottom lip with a finger and smiled sensuously at the front row.

"I am WildJoker. That is all you need to know..." she said in a clear, husky voice.

She winked once, and strode off again.

Backstage she muttered something under her breath as she found her way back to the wall she came through.

It sounded like: "Let the games begin...”

OOC: Aww alright, I couldn't resist, here you go ^_^ (btw, was planning on doing them in one post already, but I also knew that Patrick wanted to close this about an hour ago.. so didn't think I still could. Thanks for making me write this anyways Evangeline! ^_^ )

Appy looked around the corner of the curtain at the crowd. It was quite big, and consisted mostly of men. She shook her head and looked at Apaltra.

“Are you sure about this? I mean… I’m just a kid!”

Apaltra smiled down on her little sister.

“You know better than that, sis, but if it makes you feel any better about it, we’ll go together alright?”

Appy seemed to relax a bit at this and nodded once.

“Alright, but you do most of the talking!”

Apaltra smiled and shook her head at her sister’s worries. “Don’t worry, I’ll tell them exactly what they need to hear...”

Together they walked to the microphone. Appy, a small child, appearing not much older than ten, and Apaltra, a young woman of at least twenty.

Apaltra squeezed Appy’s hand before releasing it, and grabbed the microphone.

She was dressed in her usual forest garb, a brown tunic and pants and her long green cloak which she opened with a flourish, the edges skirting her feet.

“Good day to you all.” She said in a soft voice. “We are here to present ourselves. Me and my sister Appy.” She gestured at her smaller sister. Who, very unlike herself because she was normally fearless and energetic, almost hid behind Apaltra.

The young ranger gently forced Appy into the open and whispered something in her ear.

“Just like I did at the Beauty Pageant, you’ll remember who you are”

Appy took a few steps forwards, recoiled, heard the words, and beamed. Before everyone’s eyes her stature changed. Without any apparent change in between, there was now standing a young woman, the equivalent of Apaltra, except that she was wearing a short green children’s dress, which seemed rather strained, and had blond and unruly hair.

Apaltra started to speak as Appy took on several poses, giggling all the time.

“This is my sister, Appy, as she has rarely appeared before you. You know her as the child who runs amok around the Keep, but as you see her now, is who she was born as. She is only two years younger than me, and is looking forward to meeting new people. I’m sure she has something very special in store for whoever gets to go on a date with her...be it as she appears now, or as her usual child-self.” Apaltra winked at the crowd and was surprised as Appy took the microphone out of her hand.

Her voice was deeper, and more under her control as Appy launched into her view of her older sister.

“Seriously people, she’s really, really nice, even though she hides an armory’s worth of metal about her person.” Here she tried to open up Apaltra’s cloak a bit more. The crowd saw a few flashes of iron before Apaltra managed to regain control over her garment.

Apaltra walked forward a bit to be out of Appy’s way as much as to present herself.

“With my sister, you’ll most likely end up walking around a forest or crossing some unknown lake towards a dreadfully boring island. But you’ll also get to know Finx most likely,” Appy continued as Apaltra took a swipe at her sister at the mention of boring islands, “which is definitely a bonus!” Appy jumped backwards just in time and grinned at her sister.

“I believe that’s all folks!” Appy shouted into the microphone before dropping it and being chased off the stage by Apaltra.

Mynx smiled as Apaltra chased Appy off the stage and past her, before she walked down the stage and picked up the falled microphone.

"Thats all we have time for in the way of introductions, so now it's time to bid. You know what to do boys so let's see some bidding!"

That said, the feline replaced the mic on its stand and walked off the stage.

OOC: Please PM myself and Patrick clearly labelling your top three choices and how much you wish to bid on each of them. It is not compulsory to have three choices of course, but it means that if you lose out on your first or second option you still have an option. Any questions can be PMd to one or both of us. I'm going to say about two weeks for bidding but this is subject to change. Have fun boys.

Evangeline stood in her corner again with Rena'ah, awaiting the word on when the auction was closed. When she heard the echo of Mynx's voice, she relaxed and smiled at Rena'ah. L'kaira was nowhere to be found.

"Well, that's that. Wouldst thou like to get some tea with me? While we wait for the results."

Rena'ah looked nervous but nodded her agreement, and walked out the backstage door with Evangeline, arms linked at the elbow.

{{Waiting apprehensively!}}

OOC: just a small note after a question from a few days ago.

We are accepting bids not only from male members of the Pen, but also female members who bid with male characters. ;)

*goes back to work*

Also: geld totals shall be updated in the coming few days, with a big thanks to Wyvern. ;)

OOC: geld totals are mostly up to date (all geld rewards in this carnival until the 25th have been added) with again a big thank you to Wyvern. Expect some more additions in the coming days, as we try to get caught up with a backlog of geld we need to add dating back to last carnival...

• 2 weeks later...

Patham stepped up on the scene and gazed over the bachelorette and those who had already entered their bids.

"The bidding is slowly drawing to an end! You have only a few hours left to win the bachelorette who shall take you on a wonderful date!"

OOC: bidding closes around 11pm CET, meaning about 9 hours from now.

Evangeline was struck with a rather important query, and tapped Patrick on the shoulder when he came backstage again.

"Pardon me," she said softly, "But... how are we to know our dates when the bidding is finished?"

"Bidding is now closed!" Patham announced in a clear voice. All the bachelorettes shot curious glances at Patham, as though they expected him to immediately answer the results.

"I'll have to ask all of you to be a bit more patient. Mynx and I will have to look through all of these bids so that we don't miss anything, and it might take us some time. I thank you for your patience. Once we are done, we shall announce the results on that stage over there!" Patham shouted, pointing at a stage on the other side of the hall.

OOC: once me and Mynx manage to get together we should be able to sort through the bids quite fast, but some of the bidders should expect PMs we'll be sending out asking for clarification. I hope we don't take longer than until the weekend.

The results shall be announced in a new thread (for easier visibility) but we'll link to it from here.