The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Wolf Lady's Birthday

A large dog trotted down the corridors of the Pen. Akallabeth had been moving down these corridors for a while, as he attempted to find a person he knew was somewhere in the castle. Another half hour passed, and time seemed to be catching up with him, so he sped up his pace, sniffing, looking, and listening for any sign of Tanny in the castle's extensive passages.

'I should've been running from the beginning. There're too many passages to search them all at a walk,' he thought, and he sped up some more, dodging the occasional person going down the hallways. Coming around a corner, he saw a young man merely a couple feet ahead of him. He crashed into the unfortunate man, knocking him off his feet.

Azuran landed hard on his bottom, legs sticking out to either side in front of him and hands planted firmly on the ground behind his back. Rather dazed, he blinked several times but the large furry head remained directly in front of his face, panting slightly and with an inquisitive look in its eyes.

::I'm quite sorry about that,:: Azuran heard in his head, ::I seem to have gotten into too much of a rush. I've been looking for Tanny rather unsuccessfully for some time now.::

Azuran looked around himself, trying to figure out where the voice came from.

::Yes, it's me speaking. The St. Bernard right in front of you. Would you happen to know where Tanuchan is? I've been trying to find her to wish her a happy birthday.::

"Ahh, it's her birthday, is it?! Well I've got a good idea where we might find her... In fact, I think I'll just go with you."

Azuran stood up again, and began walking towards the conservatory with Akallabeth at his heels.

They ran into Tanny in the conservatory, where she was looking over the records of some past werewolf games. She looked up when she realized that they had come to see her. Azuran was a known face to her, but the dog?..

::Hello, I know you haven't seen me yet, but I believe that you don't need to know my appearance to know me.:: Akallabeth smiling a big goofy dog grin up at her. ::I managed to arrive just in time for your birthday.::

He jumped up, managing to balance himself on his hind paws for a short bit of time, just long enough to give Tanny a big, wet doggy kiss before his front paws fell to the floor again.

::Tanny, have a happy birthday this year, and many more as the years go by!::

Having said this, Akallabeth backed up and seated himself a short distance away, wagging his tail and grinning happily.

(Thanks to Azuran in cowriting/planning much of this post)

(edit: spelling, grammer, flow, etc.)

Edited by Akallabeth

Someplace in a dark void of retail a shadow moved, condenced and poped out of voidal existance, only to reappear moments later in the conservatory.

After a few glances at the past games, the shadow moved to the latest signup thread.

It was the distraction of the large dog greeting Tanny that made the shadow reach into the shadowy folds of a dark shadowy cape and pull out a shadowy book of dark and shadowy reminders and notes from many moments of the shadowy watching of people from the shadows........

"Tanny, Birthday" was what the shadowy notes in the shadowy book read. The book disapeared as shadows do into the shadow that was the dark shadowy cape.

The shadow took a small step forward......"um.... excuse me..... tanny...."

Tanny turned from Azuran's greeting and saw shadow.

The shadow moved, shifted, shrank, and........... POP!!!! The shadowed vanished into the laughing form of the Raven as he began circling around Tanny singing, (in the harsh but not totally plesant voice of a Raven,) the song of many greetings and well wishes for birthdays.

Happy birthday Tanny, hope it is a good one.

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

CheerMynx skids down the hall, catches sight of Tanny and squeals

"Happy birthday! Want me to do your hair...I mean fur for you?"

The exuberant feline held up bright pink ribbons and a hopeful smile

;)

OOC: Happy birthday Tanny! *huggles*

A brightly white Gryphon with coloured primary feathers trots into the Cabaret room and over to Tanuchan.

Bowing deeply he speaks

"Honours to you on your birthday Wolf-Lady. May your day be filled with music and laughter."

Tanny was taken completely unaware by Akallabeth's dog kiss, and so had a fit of laughing. She hugged the huge St. Bernard, feeling the soft fur, then scratched behind his ears. She sent a tentative thought to him.

::So you mindspeak, dear friend? Maybe you are one of the few with whom I can talk in this way?::

Akallabeth woofed happily, almost nodding.

::Yes, yes! I can understand you, too!::

Giving a last pat on the St. Bernard's head, Tanny turned to Azuran and hugged him fiercely, without words. The young sage smiled, but whatever he was going to say was drowned by the Raven.

Tanny giggled, trying to make the happy bird land on her arm so she could thank him, too. A high-pitched, hopeful voice made her turn to the door, and her eyes went wide as soon as she saw CheerMynx holding out the pink ribbons.

"N-noo... no, thank you dear... " Tanny hastily retreated a bit, putting both Azuran and Akallabeth between herself and the cheerleader, "... I'm not planning to.. huh... wear my fur today... but thank you anyway, the ribbons are beautiful!"

Taking pity on the disappointed look in CheerMynx, Tanny rushed to her to hug her, picking the brightest of the ribbons and using it to tie her so far loose hair.

Better my hair than my fur...

Before CheerMynx could get more enthusiastic and tie more ribbons all over her, she turned to hug Gryphon mid-bow.

"You look neat in your birthday colors too, Herald!" She smiled, then winked and waved at Regel. "Fox? Where did you get that idea from?"

Looking at her friends around her, she closed the Werewolf file she had been digging into, and included them all in an invitation.

"The day is bright and the air is fresh... let's have a walk to my cottage, then have a picnic?"

Her crystalline, happy laughter filled the room for a few moments, before they left - with Tanny stopping by Panther's rooms to thank him for the earlier message and ask him to join them.

~~~~

Thank you all... it's a happy day indeed, to have you around!

Wyvern rushes into the Cabaret Room in a frenzy, surrounded by a mob of howling reporters with streaming notepads the size of Sweetcherrie's guild activity resume. Wyvern swerves in a semi-circle and opens his mouth to scream, only to choke as a dirty microphone slams its way around his tongue.

"Weivyrn!" One of the newsrats twitches its whiskers and dances around Wyvern in some kind of ritualistic reporter boogie. "Is it true what they say? Another Saint?!"

"A new Saint?" A newsrat jumps from a ceiling rafter and lands on Wyvern's head. "Is it true Mr. Wiiveern?! Didn't they stop-"

"Religious Travesty Shakes Pen at its Core." A newsrat sitting on Wyvern's tail nods and jots it down on a pad. "What do you think of that for a title, Sir Wavur-"

"Enough!" Wyvern coughs and spits as the mic head exits his maw. "Lisssten, there is NO confirmation yet that Bernard is a Saint of any sort, capiche? Yes, we the Elders are aware he's been doing his bit with the bribes, but he needsss to find a better gift than drooling in our slippers. Besides, even if he did slide us some big money, the administration would have it pass through the Tower, Minstrel Hall, Oaktree, Assembly Room, Blackhole, Chatting Catacombs, Land of Lore, Chamber of Torturous Tutorials, Room of the Fiery Hearth, and Double Secret Evil Planning Room of Doom before it'd even begin to be considered official. So get lossst!"

The newsrats freeze for a moment as they mull over Wyvern's words, then turn to amscray as Akallabeth the (St.) Bernard peppers their area with menacing barks. Wyvern shakes his head as he watches the rats scurry off, then turns to Tanuchan and grins.

"Sssorry I'm late, Tanuchan." Wyvern rolls his eyes and waves a claw in the direction of the departing paparatzi. "Here, I got you this book as a gift, it's part of Almost Dragonic Inc.'s new adaptations of children's classics. I like to call'em: Almost Dragonic Brand Badaptations™."

"'Clifford the Fire Dog'...?" Tanuchan frowns and raises a brow at the rectangular picture cover. The artwork depicts a firefighter squad mistaking Clifford for a burning building and trying to put him out. In the background, the actual burning house can be seen. Tanuchan squints at the subtitle. "... or 'Clifford finally gets a bath.'"

;-)

OOC: Happy belated, Tanuchan. :-) I hope you had fun.

Patham rushed through the corridors of the Pen Keep, once again late, as was slowly becoming customary for him. He arrived not too discretely just as Wyvern handed over his gift. Not anticipating the horde of news rats following Wyvern Patham crashed into them, tripping on one of them who was trying to take a picture of the St. Bernard between Wyvern's legs.

Patham crashed to the floor, his gift rolling out from his hands. The small package rolled exactly up to Tanny's feet. Bending down she lifted it up, and removed the circular object from the package around it. It was a miniature crystal globe with a miniature Mighty Pen Keep inside it.

"It's supposed to represent the Mighty Pen Keep," Patham explained as he slowly stood up. "It even has miniature figures running around inside it," he added pointing out a small figure of Tanny listening to explanations given by a small figure of Patham next to a crystal ball, which contained...

OOC: Happy Birthday Tanny! Sorry for being late!