The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

mission requested

Gwaihir

Hey, the butterflies gave me your message. Soooo.....here I be, reporting for duty!

*snaps her heels together and saluts. The effect is ruined when a curl drops into her eye and a butterfly lands on her nose, causing it to twitch.*

With the medallion still in her hands Sweetcherrie stumbles into the Room of no Return. Hardly noticing the two applicants covered in cobwebs waiting there for her, she stumbles through to the back office and finds herself a bottle of water, and sits down while sipping it. Then slowly the notion that there had actually been two people sitting in the front room seeped through to her brains, and she jumped up again, bottle still in hands.

With a spurt she ends back into the front office, and looks at the butterflies fluttering around the room, and the two applicants looking at her as if she’s crazy (although to someone not having just come out of Lost she must have looked like a loony).

“Err…hello?”

A butterfly fluttered downwards to the two applicants lying on the desk, half molded, and very yellow. Trying to come across as if there’s something she’s still in control off, Sweetcherrie picks up the two applications, and scans them through quickly.

“So, the two of you would like to enter?”

Cambio glanced at Annael wondering what he had gotten himself into. When he had signed up for this mission someone else had been in charge, and he wasn’t exactly sure if it had gotten better or worse now.

Without waiting for an answer Sweetcherrie went on.

“Very well then, you two can find me two guards for the portal leading to the new plane. We are planning to make it our home, but inexperienced adventurers might get themselves hurt trying to get through, so a guard will be needed.”

A butterfly landed on her face, and she gently blew it away, “Not finished yet, little one.”

“I would like you to get two guards, go together or separate, ‘s all the same to me. These guards need to be equally scary to each that regards them, but you will have to train them to recognize those that already hold a medallion from those that are simply reckless adventurers. Clear?”

She got two faces nodding at her, and Sweetcherrie sighed. She turned around and wanted to turn around again, and finish that bottle of water she remembered something else.

“Oh, one more thing…you’ll have to teach them that they can’t just go around killing people, only those that want to enter forcefully will have to be stopped.”

With this she turned around, walked back into the back office and hung herself over a chair. The bottle of water was soon forgotten, and Sweetcherrie slept...