The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Azure Lining

Wyvern

Azuran awakens with a start, his head spinning as the ceiling moves by at a rapid pace, his arms and legs twitching to bumps and sharp dips. The dazed pennite wonders if he's somehow slipped into his "Slipping" piece in his sleep, then turns his eyes towards the ground and notices that he's being carried by four small hands. In front of the responsible parties, a familiar stinger-tipped tail swooshes left and right in an almost hypnotic pattern.

"Wha-?"

"Wyv." The ceiling over Azuran's head comes to a halt. "He's up."

Wyvern turns his head towards Azuran and grins. The overgrown lizard shoves a mug of black liquid into the drowsy pennite's hand while the Elder dwarves lower him to the ground.

"Here, sssip some of this, it'll wake ya up."

"Wh-what's going on...?" Azuran takes a sip from the mug, then puckers his lips with a grimace as a bitter tang clogs his taste buds. He spits the liquid to the floor and gags, coughing in the hopes of ridding the flavor from his throat. "What the hell?! This stuff's awful!"

"Almost Dragonic Brand Minotaur Milk and Volcanic Ash Blend.™" Wyvern stifles a snicker. "See, I told you it'd wake you up."

Azuran spits the last of the blend from his mouth and glares at Wyvern, only to raise a brow as he notices that they're standing in the familiar surroundings of the Pen Cabaret Room. The dim lighting of the room seems to bath it in an unnaturally calm hue, and an open window reveals a cloudless night/early morning sky.

"Wyv- what time is it?"

"You know, Azuran, life is like a book." Wyvern grins and hands Azuran a copy of "Wyvern: The Autocratic Introspective." Its pages are slightly bent, and still smell of Carnival fish fry. "And you happen to be the newest Page. Congratulationsss!"

Azuran stammers as the Cabaret Room lights flare up and a number of pennites jump out from behind the furniture to congratulate him. He trembles and goes pale as he mulls over Wyvern's statement, unable to even make out the words of the other pennites.

"Dear God, I'm the newest page in 'Wyvern: The Autocratic Introspective'?!" Azuran stutters and bites his lip. "I'm DOOMED!"

;-)

OOC: Congratulations to Azuran, newly promoted from Initiate to Page. :-)

Azuran blinked rapidly, caught completely off guard. What had at first seemed to be perhaps just an odd dream (or nightmare…he still couldn’t get that vile taste out of his mouth…) now seemed quite real. His brain, still half asleep, was slowly able to register a few things, however, and his mind pieced together what had happened to get him into the current scenario. Floating….Wyvern…a horrible taste…a new page in Wyvern’s book..!! Ack! What could I have done wrong to deserve this!? His momentary panic subsided as he became aware that the others gathering around looked cheerful and happy—not angry or fearful for his wellbeing.

Stifling a yawn and reflexively displaying a quizzical grin, he found himself being… congratulated? He returned Ayshela’s hug, and almost couldn’t contain the joy in the sudden realization that he clearly hadn’t done anything wrong, but rather must have done something...not wrong!

“Thanks, Ayshela and Regel! And I guess you too, Wyv…even if you did kidnap me and trick me into drinking that…” Azuran shuddered, even just thinking about that Almost Dragonic Brand beverage brought the taste back…

OOC: Thanks so much! I was perfectly happy as an Initiate, and now I’m perfectly happier as a Page! ;)

Edited by Azuran