The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Uh... Hello? I guess...

yochva

I've never joined a purely writing-oriented forum before - and I'm not exactly sure how it works. Is this the right place to post an introductory thread? If not, where? Is there even a place for that? Now with that out of the way...

Hello, my name is Evangeline, aka Asa, aka Yochva, depending on where you see me. Not one of them is my true name. You'll never see that one.

I like "Phantom of the Opera" above anything and everything else. Other movies I like are "Sound of Music" and "Newsies". I like to read, write, sing, play the flute, and browse the internet, rotting my brain when it gets too full. I like horses. My favorite color is purple.

I used to write prolifically, but that's petered off in recent years. I hope to get some well-phrased and well-placed critique here.

Thank you for reading my rather dry intro, and some guidence would be much appreciated!

Welcome to the Pen, Evangeline. Yes, this is a perfect place for an introduction thread. :) It's very nice of you taking your time to tell something to us about you.

There are a few rooms around you, but they're pretty easy to understand: poetry goes into the Banquet Room, prose in Assembly, roleplay in the Conservatory. Works not written for the Pen but posted elsewhere are in the Libray.

And at the Recruiter's Office you can put on an application to become a member of our community :).

You don't need to be a member to participate in activities or to post in the Tavern of the Quill. And we'll welcome you either as an Honored Guest or as a member. But if you apply, you'll be able to access other subforums, where you might get more feedback/criticism.

I hope that helps a bit. There's also a FAQ at The Walls of the Pen, you might already have checked it.

If you have doubts, questions, or any other concern, feel free to PM any of us around here. I guess some of the community leaders would drop by soon ;).

Edited by Tanuchan

Wyvern barges through the Cabaret Room doors and swoops up to Evangeline. The reptilian Elder shakes her hand with a firm claw and winks, nudging her with a scaly shoulder and flashing her one of his razor-sharp sneers.

"Pleasssure to meet ya, Asangelochva! Name's Wyvern, and I can assure you that this is far from a purely writing-oriented community... it's also the perfect place to plug your products to the gullible masses. Just sign here on the dotted line, right under the part where it reads 'and fan Wyvern with a large peacock feather.'"

Evangeline gags as Wyvern extends a stinky mold-encrusted document written in jagged red letters. She raises a hand to decline it.

"No?" Wyvern crumples the paper and tosses it over his shoulder. "Well, as a fellow film enthusiassst and *ahem* critically-acclaimed film director, I can understand your suspicions. Let me fetch you my resume."

Wyvern whips out a folder labeled "Devil's Advocate" and mumbles something incoherent under his breath. He then pulls out a clean piece of paper from the folder and hands it to Evangeline.

"Listen, are you listening? I'm gonna cut some corners and get straight to the chase... I want to direct a full length feature of your hit story "My Sister's Doll," with Ayshela playing the role of Mama and plenty of Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Diseased Raggedy Angel Doll™ product placement. Just sign twice on the dotted lines on these seventeen pages and you should be-"

"There's nothing on this resume." Evangeline frowns and holds out the blank piece of paper that Wyvern had handed her.

"Ah." Wyvern snatches the paper back and lets out a nervous laugh, then bows to Evangeline. "Welcome to the Pen, feel free to apply in the Recruiter's Office whenever you see fit- just remember to bring the appropriate bribe!"

;-)

A girlish giggle rings through the air, and from the corner a little girl bounces forwards to meet the people standing in the middle of the room.

"Is Mr Wyvern trying to get you into one of his schemes? He tried that with me as well, but then Sweetcherrie said I wasn't allowed. Somehow she seemed to think that it was too dangerous."

The girls shows a pout, clearly not agreeing with the ruling from Sweetcherrie, and clearly thinking that all Wyv's dangerous schemes are more fun than anything else in the world. With more giggling the girl bounces around Evangeline, her curls bouncing around her head with her, "You are new heh? I'm Sweet, maybe we could go play sometime. I have really cool pens, see?"

A chubby hand disappears into a pocket of the red dungarees and reemerges with a whole lot of pens flying out at the same time. The girl dives forwards to pick up the stray pens, but does this so that she bumps into Evangeline, nearly sending her flying. Standing back up again Sweet holds up her pens for Evangeline.

"Sorry for that, but see? They're really cool. Well, if you ever feel like it, just let me know, but now I have to go," Her face turns a tad down, "I have to clean up my cupboard still."

The pens disappear back in her pocket, and with a quick smile the little girl bounces out of the room.

OOC: Welcome to the Pen ^_^

{{This promises to be fun...}}

Evangeline blinked, bemused at the swift turn of events, but smiled and went along with it.

"I suppose having a story turned into a movie and being greeted by a sweet little girl is better than having a bag of feathers dumped over your head and being sung at..."

She shivered when she remembered the mold.

"Anyway! Thanks for the warm welcomes!"

Peredhil wanders through looking panicked. His son Elrohir is flipping through papers and scribbling on them.

"Dad, didn't you sprain your left knee once?"

"That was EONS ago!"

"They need to know what the day, month, and year, local time, and where."

"AUGGGHHHH!"

Pausing to hug Evangeline a Polite Welcome, Peredhil begins pulling at his hair.

"I don't remember things that long ago!"

"Let's go ask Elladan. He'd know."

The duo exit.

(Welcome! I like Mercedes Lackey too.)

Thank you... where'd I mention Mercedes La-- oh, right! On my homepage. Gotcha.

I've broken my arm and my toe. Not at the same time, of course...

Thank you all!