The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

World of Warcraft and the Mighty Pen

Gyrfalcon

Heya all, mostly trying to see who's willing to start a character on the Icecrown server and form a Mighty Pen guild... mostly for the possibility of seeing and talking with each other, as well as providing some questing and crafting support. :)

Tamaranis and I are already there - Alliance Humans, he's a paladin and I'm a mage. I know Valdar has a few alliance characters in a guild on that server.

Yui-chan: Sorry the whole Argent Dawn thing didn't work out... sadly, you came in just before everyone moved on to one of the new servers. =P

Otherwise, if there are other Pennites playing WoW who want to start a new character on Icecrown, feel free to come! Right now, I'm working on leveling up, with the faint goal of making enough money for the guild charter in the process.

If you had posted this a couple of months ago I would have have been more then happy to have played on a server with you guys, but I've moved past WoW now. Though if there are any EVE Online players here, PM me and I'll give you my character information.

The characters you can contact me on are: Kitanue, Alywen, Valdar, or Kenami. Unless I'm on some really obscure character I play every 6 months or so that is. I'll usually respond to any whisper that does not begin with "BUY CHEAP GOLD!!!..." unless I'm hip deep in trolls or something, so if I dont respond n 5 minuites, poke me again :)

Hm... Valdar mentioned that you preferred Argent Dawn, Yui-chan... so, before people get too entrenched on Icecrown, a mini-poll:

Who wants to be on what server? :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind Argent Dawn, as my main is there (50-odd levels!) and thus I have the cash on hand to start a guild (and provide leather goods to people!)

Otherwise, I'd be starting from the ground up anywhere else, though I'd prefer Icecrown or Shadow Council as I already have characters started there.

I can go either way, too, so it looks like it's a matter of Valdar would really rather be on Icecrown and Yui-chan would really rather be on Argent Dawn.

We need some sort of contest between them to decide who's preferred realm is chosen. Like Rock-Paper-Scissors... Except somehow online.

Both of them could PM their choice to someone?

This is a writing site. We should make them write an essay about why their server is best.

Pssst!

Huh?

Katzaniel!

Wha, oh, hey - what?

You've never played Warcraft and you have no idea what these people are talking about!

Hm, oh yeah, true.

You guys shouldn't involve me in things, I talk (type) too much.

Trying to sort out what we need to do here, if I misread someone, please correct me:

Gyrfalcon and I can stay on Icecrown or move to Argent Dawn, it doesn't really matter.

Valdar wants to stay on Icecrown.

Yui wants to stay on Argent Dawn.

Now Yui seems to be willing to make an alt and play that alt along with anyone starting on Argent Dawn, I don't think Valdar was planning to make another alt, which raises the question: If you're starting over anyway, why not do it on Icecrown?

One possible answer is that Yui has wealth on Argent Dawn that she can lend to our lowbie characters, she has suggested this, but on Icecrown we can shamelessly hit Valdar up for money, or each other, ever at level ten to twenty, three players can come up with a few gold here and there without too much trouble.

Another possible answers, though, is that Argent Dawn is an RP server, where a Might Pen guild centred on this site might be a little better received. We could pick up people from in-game and possibly create an infusion of new blood here, that way. A significant factor, probably.

It's killing me that I don't know which server I should play on later tonight.

Edited by Tamaranis

Truth to tell, with a 50+ character on the server, I thought you'd be the loudest exponent for putting this party on Argent Dawn, Gyr. You've already put so much time in there. That's my main reason, though it's no more valid (and probably less so than Valdar's two 60s on Icecrown), for wanting to go to Argent Dawn. I have about 45 combined levels of time there.

So, if you're not the one who wants to second a move to Argent Dawn, then the only part of my reasoning that's still valid is that I do think we'd find more people of Pen interest on Argent Dawn. Of course, we also won't be as unique there.

I don't know. Whatever. Let's just make up our minds before poor Tamaranis puts another 15 levels into a character on Argent Dawn only to go back to his Paladin. :P

S'all good,

~Yui

Mira:

Likewise on Eve... I was into that about a year ago, but have since retired for video game life...

hey has that new starcraft come out yet???

that game might tempt me out of retirement, but I doubt poor laptop would be able to handle it's graphics...probably for the best though.

Edited by reverie

Well, honestly, I've gotten a bit bored with the level 50-ish stuff. All the quests either are tedious grinds, meant for someone two or three levels higher then I am, or are dungeon crawls that I don't have time to do.

I'm fine either way though, since all I need to do is start a new character and have fun running around whacking things at low levels. *grins*

So...

advantages Argent Dawn:

I have a character with the necessary funds to start a guild - we'd just need a few more people to sign the guild charter.

Yui-chan has an established character there.

Advantages Ice Crown

Valdar has a couple characters and the necessary funds to help us start the guild (I presume... could have spent it all on copies of Playelf... ;) ) - we'd just need a few more people to sign the guild charter.

Tamaranis has an established character there.

Note: I am now established on both servers.

I'm doing a lot of homework overhere, and I'm desperately needing things to distract me, like WoW, incase you're wondering how that happened, but I'm actually leaning somewhat toward Argent Dawn as it is technically designated an RP server.

For lack of a better decision-making factor, shall we just say that we're going to Argent Dawn since Valdar hasn't chimed in here? :P I don't really care strongly, but let's decide. I need to know which server to look for you guys on without playing server-pong to find you.

Thanks,

~Yui

Well, in a fit of productivity, I created the guild, tonight. Thanks to some friendly people, some of whom are definitely able roleplayers and already interested in this community. (Hi, guys!)

The guild is the . Rhese is guildleader at the moment. Please be sure that I know your alts'/characters' names, and I'll start sending invites and spreading the power to invite around. This is going to be fun. :)

Valdar, get your butt on Argent Dawn! ;)

Yours,

~Yui

aka Rhese

• 1 month later...

I've restarted my WoW account :'( and am planning to play with a group of friends on another server, but I'll try and roll an alt to hang out with you guys. Just let me know all the info I'll need to contact you people when you get a chance.

Well, we're on Argent Dawn if you want to start an alt there. There isn't a huge number of Pennites there, so the chances of nailing someone at the same time is pretty low unless you can set up a time with someone. Otherwise, Gyrfalcon is an Artisan leatherworker, so if you need leather armor or armor patches, just ask and I can make sure some are sent to you. Otherwise, I'm playing a low-level mage named Hanzoku at the moment. :)