Never asking for anything

Too tough to say he had a need

Way too big to get your arms around

Lonely, patient

I said he should wait.

Told him it would all get better after high school

This wasn't really what I meant.

He always thought he looked good in black

Just needed to post this. To try to feel it. Accept it believe it.

I searched and searched for a emoticon or small image that could convey how sorry I am, how my heart goes out for you, since I didn't think I could find any words to say what I wanted.

Brother

you're gone now

you've went away

to not return

on sunny days

but i know if i hold you

forever deep in my heart

that never will we ever

truly be apart

I'm sorry if I've overstepped my bounds, or if my words were so clumsy, to have opened up wounds.

My condolences as well, very sorry to hear it and hope that you're doing O.K. :-( The poem itself is effective at conveying the emotion of loss, and the repetition of the name in the first two stanzas seems to drive across a strong sense of denial to me. The last line of the fourth stanza also seemed to suggest that the narrator feels a certain guilt and unjustly blames herself as part of the cause of death, which was a very sad detail that strengthened the overall tone of the poem.

Should you ever feel the desire to revisit this piece, I would love to get more of a sense of the aspects of Raymond's character listed in the third stanza, as it would let me share the narrator's mourning for his loss more. The duck pond simile was very good in this regard, but I'd be really interested in learning more about his giving and sacrificing.

Well done, and hope things work out once again.

I often wonder what a good friend can do at a time of loss to lessen the pain. It seems to me that a good friend can at best only share the pain. There is a time to weep and feel this sorrow. The time is now and even if it seems that you have cried as many tears as you have there will always be more to shed. As I sit here watching the snow fall and the temperature plummet I also know another friend of mine sits beside his wife, his children's mother and his best friend. Watching and waiting for her time is near. I am so sorry Gwaihir. May God watch over you and your family as well as Raymond. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Having lost my only brother to tragedy, and other relatives to suicide you have my heart-felt sympathies...

I wrote this a few years ago, when my friend's brother also choose to take his own life. She had helped me out of funk a few months before, so I naturally returned the favor...""

a gift turned second-hand thankyou…

Once…(9pm 13nov02)

Once I fell.

And nearly died

Or so it seemed,

To me inside.

And on the floor

I thrashed about

Beneath the pain

And filled with doubt.

But then I found

That you were near

Willing to help

And dry my tears

So now I stand

Upright again

Because of you

My lovely friend

Hope you have someone there for you as well...

rev.

Edited by reverie