or where it might be

you hear its breathing but can not see

the direction it lies in waiting for me

the terror grips you as you try to move free

from the sound you hear, where might it be

you sit down too frightened to move

then it springs to attack and lands softly

in you lap and purrs.

A little girl bounces into the recruiter's office.

"Where's the kitty?"

When Sweet sees someone waiting she stops mid-bounce, and darts over to satisfy her curiosity.

"Who're you? Did you see the kitty? Wyvern would probably know, it's his office you know, he's the man, the big kahoona, the-"

On her fingers the girl is counting all the different names she can think of, as the flow of words simply keeps going for a while, and Kandara simply has no way of cutting in, but suddenly it's silent.

Sweet frowns, "So what did I come to do here again? oooh...yes, kitty!"

With an expectant look on her face she stares at the stranger, knowing that the answer was there somewhere.

OOC: A nice poem. Welcome (or welcome back?) at the Pen, and I'm sure Wyvern will be around shortly to look at this :)

A cloud of butteflies float into the room and cirlce around Kandara. Frowing, he swats at them a little, then stops when he sees a woman staring at him.

"Don't like butterflies? Well, if you're going to be around here, you should get used to them."

Crossing the room to sit on the corner of Wyvie's desk, Annael smiles.

"I liked that. Well written. Just keep the little kitty away from my butterflies, and all will be good. Thought it was something else, something darker, more sinister, nice surprise there at the end. I guess that it did turn out to only be a little cat, or well, Wyvie might not have been able to handle anything scarier then that. You know, for an almost-dragon, he's got the backbone of a chicken." Giggling to herself, Annael winks, then gets up and leaves the room, the butteflies trailing along behind the fallen angel.

A stealthy black figure breezes in through the door and stops in front of Wyvern's desk. She peers at Kandara and then at the eagerly awaiting Sweet. She purses her lips, like hse's going to whistle, but no sound is emmitted. Caralyn smiles as a small kitty comes bounding into Wyvern's office.

"Sweet, look. There's a kitty." Sweet runs up to the kittie, nearly huggin the life out of it. Cara looks back to Kandara.

"Children." She smirks.

OOC: Nice poem. Very well written. Hopefully dear old Wyvern will be along soon.

Kandara shifts in his seat nervously, the image of Annael's swirling butterflies still running dizzy circles in his mind. He bites his lip as he watches Sweet smother the kitten to the point of prolonged myowls, then turns his head to Caralyn.

"Errr, she's not going to hurt it, is she?"

Caralyn flashes a gentle smile in the Kandara's direction, and starts to speak only to freeze as a particularly painful myowl screeches through the Office. Kandara and Caralyn watch as Sweet rolls across the floor of the Office, wrestling with the kitten. She ricochets from one stack of paper to another like a bumper car, crashing in delighted giggles and highpitched meows.

"Of course... not." Caralyn tugs at her shirt sleeves and winces as a pile of paperwork comes toppling down. "Though I hope that Wyvern arrives soo-"

The slamming sound of the Office door cuts Caralyn's words short. Wyvern comes storming into the office, dragging a large sack behind him and pausing ever so often as his tail stinger gets stuck in the fabric. The lizard casts urgent glances about the Office until he spots Sweet wrestling with the kitten. He throws his claws in the air and rushes towards her.

"Where did you find that?!" Wyvern grips the kitten by its tail and tugs at it twice before pulling it from Sweet's grasp. "You should be more careful, they're delicate creatures don'tchyaknow?"

With that, Wyvern swings the cat into his large sack by its tail and triple knots the top of the bag. Sweet's lower lip quivers as Wyvern begins dragging the sack away, and Caralyn raises a brow as she notices the words "Cute Innocent Kittens for Almost Dragonic Brand Torture Device™ Testing" printed over the back of the bag.

"Excuse me, Wyvern."

Wyvern turns in the direction of Caralyn. His bag hops left and right in muffled meows of desperation.

"Hmmm?"

"Don't forget to respond to the latest Pen applicant while you're here." Caralyn winks to Kandara. "He's been waiting for quite a while."

"Oh! I'm ssssorry." Wyvern drops his sack and immediatly wanders up to Kandara. The applicant notices the bag hopping towards the Office exit as Wyv shakes his hand. "Lemme see that application."

Wyvern snatches Kandara's poem from his desktop and reads over it several times. Once he's finished with it, the overgrown lizard folds the sheet of paper and strikes a toothy grin.

"Niccce twist at the end there." The lizard motions with his claw. "And I can assure you, 'deep and dark' is just where this kitty will be going."

"Errrr." Kandara squints in confusion. "Which kitty?"

Wyvern raises a brow and turns, only to jump as he finds the Office door open and the "Test Subject" sack gone. The overgrown lizard quickly stamps Kandara's application ACCEPTED before racing after a trail of shed hair that leads out of the Office...

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Kandara. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I apologize for the waiting period, and look forward to reading more of your writing and posting with you in collaborative threads. Once again, welcome!