The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen News - September 1

Vlad

Large blue letters run across the television, quickly falling to the bottom to reveal a well dressed lich behind a news desk.

"...so I said to him, you can take your slimy a- huh? We're going live today?"

"Ahem, today's top story: Magical Misfits Misuse Mirage-Maker.

"Reports are flooding in about two escaped elementals from the North Tower of the Pen Keep. Although their demands are unclear, they seem to be well organized and highly vindictive. The two managed to cause mayhem for a short while before being apprehended by Pen Operatives. Special Agent Valdar made no comment on the situation.

In other news...

Promotions! Some people in this world are moving on up! They're the go getters of tomorrow, so us old timers better watch out! ;) Congratulations to all of the new Promotees!

Quill Quest! Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Sweetcherrie pioneers One-Time-Only Pen Gazette!

Game Project! Our very own Valdar is planning on planning an undertaking of great significance! He'll be making his very own Collectible Card Game!

...and there's a Carnival going on too!

Open to everyone:

• There's plenty of items for sale! Bid while you have the time, geld, and moxy! These would make a great addition to any collection!
  • The Beauty Pageant has just concluded, and our top reporters are currently on site, waiting for the official scores! Oh, it looks like they're just coming in... yes folks, we have a winner!
  • If you've got any extra items, put them to good use! You can trade them away at the Swap Meet, but don't worry: Wyvern may run it, but he doesn't require a cut!
Tried all that already?"This is your local news-lich, Vlad, signing off!"

"Are those cameras done? Good. As I was saying, I told that guy to take a hike so far he'd need a doctor to-

"I thought you said those cameras stopped rolling! Somebody's getting fired for this!"

"I don't care if it's your first day, I'm about to make it your las-"

As if on cue, the image of a lich lunging at the cameraman is replaced by static.

Key:

Green = Open. Orange = Initiate+. Purple = Quill-Bearer+. Red = New. Grey = Expired.

Edited by Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

The AVV is going to be closed temporarily for maintenance purposes.

We've been working hard to get all the new items prepared and we'll have everything in place as soon as possible. Sadly however, until such time as our updates are complete no posts will be accessable inside the AVV area.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but you’ll see it will be worth it ;)

Minta rappels down from the ceiling on a skein of zombie gut, the Red Fluffy Quill of Moderatorship clenched between her teeth and Vlad's phylactery under one arm. The former cameraman overhead runs out of gut and the gnomie stops several feet above everyone's head, spitting out the red quill that floats down to brush the top of Sweetcherrie's head. "Is ready for changin' an' stuff!" she announces, then spins around to watch what Vlad's gonna do next with his cool lichy powers.

“Urgent message to all pennites!!! *sshsshsh* stranded on an unknown plane *sshshss* Help us!! *sshsshsss* beware of trolls and other *sssshshsh* We- *ZAP* I can’t hold them off much longer, Sweetcherrie!! The Alliance of Vagabonds and Vanguards needs your help! *sshssshssh* Almost done here, Gryphon! Aaaaarggg…..Spiders!!! I hate Spiders, get us out of here!!

*Shsshsshshsshshsh……*”

The rest of the message is lost, but it is clear! Some of your fellow pennites are in danger, and need your help!

RP

OOC

The AVV is open again ;)