The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Stranded

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. Slash a deep enough wound and he can port himself out, even here.

The Dreamer studied the crimson portal rippling in front of him where his adversary had stood only a moment ago. He could see with his sixth sense that it would be futile for him to try to enter - after sending Zadown to his wherever he wanted to go, the door was now shifting its destionation constantly. The red in his eyes faded at the same speed the portal dimished, the gateway collapsing into a pool of blood at the same time his eyes were blue again.

He flickered the remaining gore off the spectral blade, sidestepped into the Astral and was gone.

I just can't believe it. I've just been found, and now I'm lost again. How can I be so useless? At least I'm in the middle of civilization this time. Looking out of a window I can see a lot of people on the other side of a fence. Outside the gate, people who seem to be wearing identical red uniforms and tall black hats are standing. Oh wait, some more are arriving and the old ones are leaving. What can this be?

The building I'm in seems to belong to a rich family. I recognize paintings by Rembrandt among many paintings and there are also quite a few sculptures, but this is definitely not a museum. I can also see some fine english and french-made furniture.

I try to go through a door, but the door is locked and a man next to me tells me that not all areas are open to the public. I wonder why? Maybe this information shall help whoever looks for me.

Gryphon sits at a scrying pool deep in the caverns of the AVV watching as worlds flicker by when suddenly an image freezes that has him staring with suprise...

It appears to be Patrick Durham, but what Patrick would be doing in what appears to be Buckingham Palace is a bit of a mystery...

Knowing that it's better to be safe than sorry Gryphon heads off to try and find a portal that will bring Patrick back safely.

At her desk Sweetcherrie reads through the replies, and makes a couple of phonecalls.

"Yes, hello? I can order boats of all sizes here?.....Good, one sub direction Atlantis please, one boat towards the Bermuda Triangle and one towards the Easter Islands....no...yes I did say sub...what do you mean strange? *sighs* yes, it is very necesary....yes...thank you."

After putting the phone down she sits back and shakes her head.

"Bureaucracy.."

With another deep sigh she gets back at work.

Yawning softly, Tanny curled up under a bush. The salty breeze made her twitch her nose, and slowly she drifted into another world...

Other wolves. So fun to be in a pack, running and hunting with them!

In her wolf form, Tanny grinned. The night was warm, but the breeze coming from the beach refreshed them.

One of the young wolves leaped on a rock, and stretching her neck let out a long, clear howl. Other wolves turned to her, and soon other voices joined the song. That stirred Tanny, who also looked in the same direction as the chorus leader.

As she stared at the focus of the wolves' worship, reality seemed to waver and fold. All of a sudden, after a blink, Tanny found herself in a deserted, dusty, rather grey plain.

There was a hint of a laughter in the back of her mind, and Tanny frowned. Looking around, she could see the irregular plain, with some elevations here and there, and rocks scattered all over. Then she looked at the blackest of nights, and gasped.

This must be a dream. I can't be here.

She trotted to the nearest group of rocks, feeling lighter than normal. Looking back, she saw her clear pawprints, eerie in the deserted plain.

This is a small step for a shapechanger...

Tanny blinked, her eyes picking some movement. As she looked into the distance she thought she could make some shape.

Hazy, dream-like, a rabbit appeared. Sitting on its haunches, it reached into its fur and took out a big bowl and a small package. Opening it, the rabbit put the contents carefully into the bowl, and started hitting it rhythmically with a mallet.

Tanny found herself in front of the rabbit. What are you doing here? How did you come here?

To her surprise, it answered with a shrugh.

"I've always been here. And I'm making mochi, of course."

It resumed the task, and Tanny wondered why no sound came to her ears. Then, as suddenly as it had appeared, the rabbit vanished and was replaced by something bigger. Tanny yelped at seeing a giant Wyvern, and immediately she popped up some good hundred feet away from him.

Giant Wyvern seemed not to have noticed it, looking as if waiting for someone, preparing for a fight.

This is wrong. It shouldn't be Wyvern.

Under the bush on the beach, a soft glow enveloped Tanny's sleeping shape. A sudden gust of wind moved the leaves away. Right above her head, hidden by vines and growth, a small statue also glowed. On its base there were some lines written in an ancient tongue.

They who come and dream for me,

lost will be until released they are.

Tap this head and say where they're stranded,

or trapped they'll be for as long as I wish.

~~~~~~~

Edit: typos

Edit 2: change in poem - needed a quick way out :P

Edited by Tanuchan

• 3 weeks later...

Appy looked around in awe. Every single wall and ceiling was covered in pretty pictures. Completely forgetting that she was lost she grabbed her always-ready piece of paper, a crayon, and started drawing.

One of the pieces of paper got caught by a small gust of wind and flew out the doors, towards the PenKeep. Someone wanted her home again, but first she needed to be found.

What was on the paper seemed to be two stickfigures, trying to poke eachother's eye out.. or that's what it looked like at least...