The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Mini-Saga II

Tanuchan

Basically: Open, mostly improvised RP, where each post must be under 50 words.

There was once this thread by Solivagus, and it was fun at the time... so we thought we could try it again.

So, the guidelines...

• Each post mustn't have more than 50 words. Contractions count as one word.
  • Players ideally shouldn't post in a row to try to get more than 50 words into the storyline at once...
  • The RP is, for now, open. We might restrict it later on, depending on how many people post consistently and how the story develops.
  • You don't need to post as a character... feel free to work on background, or add events or something else that gives more 'flavor' to the story.
  • With each post being just 50 words, it's too easy to make mistakes when writing someone else's character; so, let's be careful when including other characters in the posts. For the same reason, it would be a good idea to avoid writing the whole post as/about another character unless you've talked to the player.
  • Short OOC comments clearly separated from the text are okay; we don't want this to be too planned ahead, so we'd rather not set an OOC thread at the Greenroom - unless we feel the need to.
  • Have fun!
RP starts next post...

~Tanny & Venefyxatu

OOC : And off it goes! Have fun!

~~~ IC :

It hovers, twists and turns, and its shape is constantly changing. In this cold, damp cave it feels at home, undisturbed by light or humans, fed by the numerous small creatures that keep wandering in. It has lived like this for many years, but all that is about to change.

A thin shaft of light disturbs the shadows that have reigned for so long. Following that, there's a noise - like rocks being shifted, and sometimes broken with some tool. The air changes subtly, bringing something new to the damp cave.

The creature feels something for the first time - surprise.

Edited by Tanuchan

Aranix, I think you have it now, this might be your lucky day. - I thought to myself. Gurg, my golem, shall soon finish clearing the rocks from the entrance of the cave and then we shall be able to go inside. The treasure awaits us! Edited by Patrick Durham

A knight in slightly rusted armor swoops by, past man and golem. In pauses between gallops of horse hooves and crashes of stones, it becomes clear that the rider is attempting to speak.

Halting in front of the cave - and blocking the entrance, he loudly proclaims "Ni!"

"Ni?" - I softly murmered to myself. Was this some different language, or the incantation of a spell? Who could this man be? I decided it would be best to ask him.

"Hail knight! What brings you to this cave? Is it for the treasure that you come also?"

• 2 years later...

[OOC]Yes, I'm resurrecting an old thread. Necromancy is my thing ;)

Besides, Tanny and Patrick are in on this ;)[/OOC]

Suddenly there is light, followed by vague vibrations in the air. The temperature starts changing rather suddenly and at first it moves away, afraid of this change. Soon, though, it doesn't remember that things were ever different and it starts waiting for those new creatures it can sense ...

Man, golem, Knight - they all stared at the opening.

Inside, the creature slowly recalled long-forgotten functions of his body. Thin strands of mass expanded slowly, getting thicker. Senses buried deep awoke.

Curiosity. And something else. Fear? Or anger?

A shaft of light advanced through the floor, banishing shadows.

She awoke to the chill wind that crept through the cave and along her back. Wind from inside the cave? Another opening?

Then she heard the soft hiss of a growl. Not wind. Breath.

Heart in her throat, she bolted for the opening, blind to the figures waiting outside.

I watched from afar as the rocks sealing the cave were pulled away. The muscles of the golemn had undone in minutes what I had watched for centuries. My arms still at my sides, I waited for her to come forth...waited to observe the fate of the intruders.

A shadow moved, almost too fast for human eyes. The creature sensed it dimly at the edge of its perception, different from the other shape scurrying away. A noise came - sharp as a breath intake.

The shadow resolved - did it? - in a winged shape that stood in the golem's path.

~~~~~~~~

OOC: just to clarify that this new winged shape/shadow is not Mynx's character, nor Degorram's :P

There was too many - people, golems, shadows - they crowded the entrance of the cave.

She cowered against the wall, caught between wanting escape and not wanting conflict.

Would the strangers even recognise what she was? Or attack the unknown?

Unconsciously, she began to whimper softly.

Protect her... My command was clear. Even though this strange shadow had interfered, guardianship was my calling and no one elses. Help was helpful, of course, but still....

I slithered forward in the shape of a serpent, curling up the knight's leg and baring my fangs in a savage hiss.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: If I may, take over the knight since Vlad seems to be gone and this might be fun.

IC:Hmm, that vanquished nothing. Perhaps... "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing!"

Is chain mail vulnerable to snake bites? Probably and if not some part of me will be. Well, if it bites me I’ll just have to keep going. Wherever the grail is I must go!

A mumbling sound, muffled, from inside the chamber. The thick slab blocking the shrill voice.

Followed by its own first aroused attempts at being awake. "Zooo? Zoo? Zoo?" Almost the right tone. "Zoo!"

It slithered into it's waterbowl. Dust.

"Zoooo." Dissapointment. Desperation. Loneliness.