The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Which is cooler?

I know someone who was struck by lightning (he described it as a "warm" feeling before he passed out) and suffered no permanent effects.

If we can assume no permanent effects whatsoever, lightning is probably cooler, because I think it's less common, plus for someone such as myself who studies electronics, it's a very fascinating idea. The sky, grounding.

Though I still think the coolest thing would be having your car hit by lightning and getting out and getting the door closed, without ever having any parts of you touching the car and the ground at the same time. Of course, then you have a high-voltage car on your hands. Not sure how long it takes for the current to leak through the tires.

I'd have to say lightning, even though I live in America, which means being hit with a car would pay for my college. But the reason I say lightning is because the worst you can be accused with is being oustide in a lightning storm. Being hit by a car means you were trying to cross a road or it ran off, or something, either way you're the victim. With lightning you can be like "mother nature tried to off me, but I showed her *crazy guesture* cool factor 13!". See what I mean :D

Oh yes, definitely lighting. You see, the chance of getting superpowers from being hit by a car is what ... 0%?

And even if you'd get them, what would you have? The power to bend your arm backwards? To turn your head 360 degrees? "I'm owlman! I can watch you if you try to stick a knife (or a fork, or any other eating utensil for that matter) in my back!"

Heheheheheh.

No, lightning is the way to go! I mean, there are like, totally a gazillion cool superpowers you could end up with! Being able to teleport? Move as quickly as lightning? Spark people to death or just shock them slightly, either when shaking their hand or from a distance? (think of the fun you could have at family gatherings ^_^ )

A combination?

Whoohoo! When's the next thunderstorm!? :lol:

Wyvern scratches his scaly chin as he considers Savage Dragon's options. After "thinking" for a moment, he hops up from his seat and whips out a brochure.

"Well, MeThinksssUFoolish, that's a rather difficult question to answer. I guess that it would depend if the car that hit you was a hot rod or not, cus both of them would produce some heat."

"Errrr." MeThinksUFoolish examines Wyvern's all-too-familiar saleslizard grin. "That's not exactly what I-"

"Well, I'm glad that you're not exact, Foolish." Wyvern places a claw on MeThinksUfoolish's shoulder and grins. "Can I call you Foolish?"

"Ummm." MeThinksUFoolish frowns. "No, actually."

"Well then, Mr. Savage Dragon, I think I'm in agreement with Doctor Evil." Wyvern waves a claw in the Doctor's direction. "Allow me to demonstrate how this would be the coolest option through a durability test. Bring out the Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™!"

The others that have gathered stare in confusion as three troglyodytes push in a large sports car shaped like a carriage. The troglyodytes then scurry over to a corner of the room, and take out a video camera.

"Now, this tessst will clearly show how having one's car get hit by lightning is the best option. Not only because it's safe, but because these troglyodytesss will be able to film it and sell it as a claim to coolness. Observe. Bravery- the lightning spell!"

The pennites in attendence watch as a bolt of lightning crashes against the Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™, causing it to explode in a huge burst of flame. The debris of the car flies into the air. Moments later, the troglyodytes are violently flattened by stray wheels and a flaming engine.

"Erk." Wyvern bites his scaly lip. "I, uhhh... I guesss I'll go with car then... Just so long as it's an Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™. Thinkaboutthekids."

;-p

The bushes gave her just enough cover to stay out of sight. Sweet’s eyes followed Mynx. This was definitely the biggest, talking cat she’d ever seen, and she was dying to know more about her. However, she also knew that she hadn’t been behaving her best the last time they had met, and she wasn’t sure if she could just walk up to her now. Sweet was dying to ask her more questions. She moved just that little bit too excitedly, and tumbled out behind the bushes straight in front of Mynx’s paws. “uhmm…..hullo..” she looked up, not sure what to expect next.

Mynx blinked in surprise at the sudden appearance at her paws, before she recognised the child as Sweet. "Hello," she smiled softly, resting against her scythe as she watched the child get up, dust herself off, and regard the large feline. "Wow!" Sweet said, shyness gone now that Mynx didn't appear to be annoyed. "Do you know how to use that?" she pointed at the scythe. Mynx blinked and turned her head to look at her weapon, the movement causing the bell on her ear to ring softly. Sweet's eyes gleamed. "You have a bell! Just like a real kittycat! But real kittycats have bells on collars. Why don't you have a collar? Is it cos you're a talking kittycat?"

Bouncing around Mynx she continued asking questions as they walked towards the Cabaret Room, “Do you have fur everywhere? And…and…do you do magic? There’s lots of people do magic here, but maybe kittycats don’t do that, do you? And I would also like to know…ooohh!”

They had arrived in the Cabaret Room, and Sweet has discovered the smoldering remains of the Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™. She ran over to it, “Wouldn’t it be fun if we could play with this…..I dun even know your name…what’s your name?” She bounced back to Mynx, and focused her eyes on the feline the way only a child can do.

"Uh..." Mynx's brain was beginning to hurt with all the questions, moreso as she was given no time to answer them. Finally, her mind settled on the most recent question. "Mynx," she finally managed with a wry grin, "my name is Mynx."

"Ooooh what's a Mynx? Is it a kitty breed? And why do you dress like the death man? You're not a man, you're a lady...cat...kittylady!" Bouncing once more to the remains of the Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™ Sweet began dancing around it. "I wonder what it was like when it wasn't in so many iddle bits! Are you a mechanic kittycatMynxlady? Do you know how to make it go?"

A sigh escaped Mynx, this was definitely one hyper child, and she decided that it might work to fix the buggy so that Sweet would maybe be distracted by it. She nodded to the bouncing girl, “But we need to get the pieces together first. Do you think you can do that?” Sweet put her finger against her cheek and thought about it for a moment, and then smiled a wide smile, “sure I can.” She started running around gathering the random pieces of the car. Mynx could have done all this with a simple spell, but she couldn’t help hoping that Sweet would be a bit more tired, and a bit calmer after this.

Half an hour later a big pile of junk lay in front of her paws, and she stared at the puffing child. “I think that’s all,” Sweet said brightly, and flopped down on the floor, her gaze intently on the feline, obviously expecting something really cool to happen now.

Mynx couldn't help but smile at the expression on Sweet's face. The spell she was going to do was relatively simple, and wasn't really that cool, but Mynx couldn't help herself...

Before she cast the spell, Mynx summoned a dozen or so various coloured Magelights, enchanting them to fly around the wreckage in enticing patterns.

Smiling to herself as Sweet's eyes widened, Mynx closed her own eyes and began to focus on the spell. Timing. It was all about timing...At the exact moment that the Magelights flared and crashed into the center, Mynx cast the spell, repairing the car in an instant. Dispelling the remaining Magelights, Mynx blinked the brightness out of her eyes and grinned at Sweet. "Well? What did you think?"

Mouth and eyes wide open, Sweet stared from the sparkling new Almost Dragonic Brand Carriage-Buggy Mobile™ to Mynx and back. “Can I…?” She pointed at the car, and looked at Mynx with question marks in her eyes. The sorceress nodded, and the child ran off to the car. Halfway she skidded and came running back. She jumped in Mynx’s arms and huggled her warmly, “You’re the best kitty cat I’ve eeevveer seen, thank you, thank you, thank you!” She picked a stamp from her pocket and stamped ACCEPTED on Mynx’s head, before she ran back to the car to play with it.

(OOC: Written by Sweetcherrie and Mynx)

Personally i think that getting hit by a car would be cooler, if you get struck by lightning you just kinda stand there and shake. if you get hit by a car, you do all sorts of flips and turns. plus if you get hit by lightning then that means more than likely you were some idiot standing in a field during a thunderstorm. if you get hit by a car its some other idiots fault and then after a few "neck" injuries, you're in the money

Done the run over by a van at freeway speeds, and it's mostly a lingering pain in the keester (and other locations). OTOH, as insistently straight as my hair is, perhaps if i survived a lightning strike i wouldn't have to worry about every curling my hair again? };>

Seriously, honestly, there's some kind of draw to "surviving an elemental assault" that just seems cooler than getting hit by a car and surviving it.

Well, having been bumped by a few cars as per Gyr's cross-walk example, I definitely wouldn't want to get hit by one at high speeds, so that's right out the window. On the other hand, my high school gym teacher was hit by lightning THREE TIMES and is now deathly afraid of anything resembling a storm cloud.

He may be over 300 pounds and able to lift the rear end of his car, but get a dark cloud anywhere near him and he leaves a dust trail that would make the Road Runner proud. So...

Hrm...

I gotta agree with Doc Evil.