The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XXI: The Sand Harbor Homicides

Quincunx

I wouldn't mind seeing it moved either.

And while we're "voting" on something anyway, let me be the first to start pointing an accusing finger, too. I don't have a reason for this accusation other than "The Random Numbers Have Declared It So", but you have to start somewhere ...

Vote for Thomas McKinston / Patrick Durham.

Not sure if it's too late to vote, but I guess it isn't.

Vote: Tabatha Johnson / Mynx, just because I didn't want all the votes to go to poor Patrick :)

Will hopefully come up with an IC reason a bit later

Edit: posted reason, not too good but it'll have to do.

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Game over on the power of hunches. Villagers win. Katzaniel was your seer, Mynx your baner.

I do realize that in-character accusations have to be made public if the accused wants to defend him/herself. Did writing in the first-person viewpoint make interaction more difficult? I confess--I put that requirement in as an opportunity to practice using first-person perspective, not only to see if it added a more active tone to the posts.

From the game master's perspective of first-person, having two (or more) NPCs available helped greatly, especially when I needed someone on the scene, every scene, to talk about what was happening. If I had only one NPC, I would have picked a "potential wolf" type, under the same restrictions as the characters themselves. If the game had run to a second day, I would have forced Holly to become a rumor mill, carrying lynching opinions from one person to the next. All of the power, none of the peril of being a PC rumor mill. (Tzimfemme nudges Katzaniel re:WW XV and grins.) Although, now that I think about it, IS there any rule against bumping off the game master's minions?

I have to admit that the first post was strange and I certainly had to backtrack some lines where I had still used third person perpective.

However, I think this made it very interesting to really crawl into the mind of my character, and I've really enjoyed this one.

Shame it is over already.

Thank you to the players and to our excellent mod :)

That was fast :blink:

Let's call it short but good ... the characters were definitely extremely interesting!

Oh, and the first-person perspective was quite interesting as well.

Edited by Venefyxatu

That was fun. I'd like to see another game done in first-person sometime, as long as we can assume the killer doesn't remember committing the act, because previous to this, I have always avoided actually going into my character's head, so that I don't have to either lie or give something away.

I'm sad that it ended so soon, I was really looking forward to stretching those Seer muscles and trying out the pass-along PM system. Although, I have to admit I don't mind that I'm done with trying to empathize with Jason! Writing him was a grisly process, that's for sure.

Also, we had a first this game! This was the first time, barring the time I intentionally provoked it to see if it could happen, that someone voted for me. Yay!