The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Let there be...

Gryphon

Racing into the room in some distress, epinephrine attempts to straighten his cloak and appear calm. Slipping quietly over to the sign up for Gryphon's quill quest he prepares to write his name only to notice it there already...

Hmm, have I been here already?

Glad to be on the list, he turns and strides confidently from the room, trying to affect an "I knew I was there" look but coming up with more of a "I wonder if the gryphon is prophetic" quizzical expression. ;)

oh well I look foward to this...

epinephrine

Ok everyone, time to get underway...

The following list shows the official participants in my Quill Quest, thank you all for your support.

I'll be linking your names to the creation of each item as I write them up and post them.

At some point following the creation of each item there will be a follow up post, probably written as a collaborative effort between myself and the person receiving the gift. This will explain what each item does as it is given in character and will be located directly below the creation post. If the collaboration is incomplete there will be a placeholder post...

The Signup List:

Salinye ;)

Venefyxatu

Sweetcherrie

Zariah

Tanuchan

Mynx

Gwaihir

Yan Yan Ganaffi

Degenero Angelus

Elrohir

Cryptomancer

Inbi Infusco

Ayshela

Helga Hurtle

Gyrfalcon

Daryl

Vlad

Reverie

Kasmandre

Wyvern - (under a number of names)

Epinephrine

The Portrait of Zool

~~~

And away we go.

Edited by Gryphon

Gryph, I wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying very much reading about the making of your gifts, and that each one is really unique and fits well their new owner!

Congratulations on your hard work, and I hope to see the end of your QQ without having to witness any major collapse of the Artisan!! :) You're doing really, really well. :D

*hugs*

Wren wanders in too late as usual. To help Gyrphon with his quest she leaves a basket filled with various magical ingredients. some jems a very smooth piece of ent wood. a pouch of herbs . and pack of pencils and a pad of paper.

"Good luck with your quest!" written on the top of the notepad.

Hey everyone, thanks for reading. As you can see from the list below (and above) I'm slowly heading into the closing stretch for these items - 8 to go!

If anyone missed out on the initial signup but you were absolutely keen to get something made for your character, please either post an enquiry here or PM me about it. I'm not working with such a frantic pace now, so it may take a while, (I have to do some work when I'm at work apparantly ;) ), but I'll see what can be arranged for those who want to get involved.

Note that I'll be particularly interested if you've an idea that will be expanded out into a writing project, be it RP or story. I love to see these items in use, and time allowing I'd love more to be involved in a co-operative writing project with the owners of the items if we can come up with some adventures to write about... That said - it will obviously depend on how much spare time everyone has on their hands. :)

~~~

The Ongoing List:

Salinye ;)

Venefyxatu

Sweetcherrie

Zariah

Tanuchan

Mynx

Gwaihir

Yan Yan Ganaffi

Degenero Angelus

Elrohir

Cryptomancer

Inbi Infusco

Ayshela

Helga Hurtle

Gyrfalcon

Daryl

Vlad

Reverie

Kasmandre

Wyvern - (under a number of names)

Epinephrine

The Portrait of Zool

Edited by Gryphon

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say, my apologies to those still waiting. I've not forgotten about this, I've just been a tad busy at work (plus there's been the distraction of a good book which doesn't help).

I was going to do more today while I remembered... then like a fool I left my notes at home and didn't realise until I got to work.

Hopefully I'll get into gear and have the next item posted in the next day or two.

late in the evening in the dark and quiet halls of the pen keep, a strangly familiar piece of music starts up, the voiceover added brings to mind in those old enought the tv series known as the twilight zone.

"Imagine a Gryphon going on a journey beyond sight and sound, he has left the pen, he has entered the quest zone."

:raven:

In the deep dark of a sleeping Gryphon's room, a shadow flits from rafter to rafter, a hooded cape covering the shape of its true form, but this effect ruined by the unmistackable flutter of feathered wings under fabric, and the scratch of claws on wood.

The raven lands on the edge of the bed, hops gently toward the sleeping Gryphon, edging closer, before jumping high and landing square on the beak of his friend. The hood pulls clear as the Raven lands, sending twin jets of brilliant sunlight straight into the eyes of the suddenly woken Gryphon, the lenses of the aviators flooding the room as the small bird looks around.

"So? How goes the quest then?"

:raven:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doubly slack lately in writing up the completion of Helga's item, but it's now posted in my QQ thread. I'll make an even more serious effort to move on to the next one quickly...

It's either Salinye or Gyrfalcon, I'll have to check my master signup list. Thanks for being patient. :)