The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Prom Night!

Mynx

It wasn't long before Meredith heard of Erica's death. The news affected her no more than a slight raise of the eyebrows. Assassinations were not an everyday occurence at high school. Meredith just hoped it wouldn't interfere with prom.

Thinking of prom turned Meredith's mind to the ex-nominees. The latest was Ton. Rumor was there had been security tapes in his locker. Meredith had been sure those flyers were purely to divert suspicion, but if Ton had security tapes, maybe he really did know what was going on. In that case, he could know something about Ricky that everyone else didn't...

Meredith didn't waste much time mulling over the curious events. Time was growing short, and she still didn't have a date for prom. With a fair amount of the original nominees out of the running, the pickings were slim. She realized she'd better find someone today, if she didn't want to go dateless.

OOC: Vote Ricky/Cryptomancer.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffany was upset with all the commotion, however, she heard rumors that Ton had access to security tapes and saw what happened. Meredith was nearby and Tiff thought to see her until she saw Mere shouting.

- Damn Ricky!

Meredith leaves the place but Tiff, in her attempts of thinking, believes that Meredith might be right.

(OOC: A vote against Ricky/Cryptomancer)

With the news of Erica's death, Ashlee decided that she was really off about a lot of people. Erica was nasty, and a most likely target for a mafia shooting, but not guilty of anything worth being killed for. Most likely, she was another victim of the person or persons knocking off the prom nominees. All she needed to do was catch a moment to breathe, and then she could proceed to figure out the truth.

Ashlee sat down at one of the cafeteria tables, and spoke with some of the students there. Naturally, they didn't WANT to "chat" but they were afaid of being embarrassed by her, so they told her the rumors about Ricky and the security tapes.

"But maybe he WAS like just trying to help....who knows? But I think that there's like something ELSE going on around here...like, WHATEVER." Ashlee flipped back her hair and proceeded to her next class.

(OOC: I vote against Meredith.)

Duke made his way through the corridors of the school to his next class when he overheard the latest news.

"Hey, did you hear?"

"Erica ..."

"...shot they say..."

In class, the atmosphere was not much better - everyone was on edge, and the teacher had a very hard time getting anyone to pay attention. Duke's mind was wandering off as well, and it kept going from Dee to the accidents.

Erica might've been the next victim on the list, or it could've had something to do with her father ... that's a bit random. But Vincent? He'd wonder whether there was anyone who wanted to get back at him, but he felt as though it would be a waste of time ... one of the other nominees was after them all ... and if Ton had been right about him, Duke, being innocent, then maybe he'd been right about that other part as well ...

OOC : Vote for Cryptomancer / Ricky.

Ricky’s morning was beginning to fall apart. His dad had watched the tapes that Ton had stolen, and the effects of that were starting to show. The prospectus of a military school was now covered by a security file, with the school address on it. This was beginning to get bad. Ricky took the Corvette to school, his jeep was too slow if anything happened.

He lasted till his second class before he was called to see the head. He left the room quietly, taking his time walking to the office. It was one of the juniors that alerted him to how bad things had gotten, he over heard two of them taking as he passed their class, “they searched another locker today.” Ricky froze. Turning he quickened his pace to the corridor where his locker was. Two cops stood at the sides of his opened door, tape cordoning off the surrounding area.

“Damn it.” Ricky’s tried to stifle the word but the cops both heard it, he ran.

He could hear them following him, but he knew the school well, evading the pursuit, he took a few detours, rounded the corner to the main door and hit the pavement running, clearing most of the lower stairs in one stride. His car beeped in response to the alarm remote, door unlocking as it did. “Damn, too loud, they would have heard that.”

The group of officers that rounded the corner of the building was all he needed to confirm how bad this just got, this tires screamed as he fled. Sirens following as his ‘vette hit the back roads and he headed for the freeway onramp.

He heard the tires blow from the road block, the traction of his car stolen as he went into full skid, sliding almost sideways as he hit the accelerator to burn his way out of it, the sparks of his wheel rims cutting groves into the air around him. The Truck was coming too fast to stop, as Ricky crossed the centre strip his ‘vette flipped, the first roll took him into the front of the oncoming rig, the corvette crumpling around him from the impact. He smelled the fuel as it ignited.

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

Ashlee just couldn't believe what she was hearing around the school.

Not only was Ricky responsible for all the deaths and accidents that had been happening, but then he goes and gets himself killed?!

She pouted to herself as she jogged out to join the rest of the (remaining) cheerleading squad for practice. Now Duke was the only male candidate left.

There was a rumour going around that the teachers were going to find some new candidates but no one was really sure.

Sighing in annoyance, Ashlee flipped her hair and picked up her pompoms to train.

It wasn't until about halfway through the routine that she became aware of some strange powder that seemed to be caught in her pompoms; it was now all over her hands and her hair as the rountine shook it from the streamers.

Gross! Ashlee thought to herself, stifling a shudder to continue with the moves.

The first time she sneezed, she didn't pay any attention.

Then she couldn't stop sneezing. Or coughing. The rest of the cheerleaders watched and began to squeal as Ashlee's face swelled to a puffy red that matched strange patches on her arms.

Shortly after that, Ashlee had the healthy person's equivalent of an asthma attack and collapsed amidst the now screaming cheerleaders.

The news at school the following day was that someone had put itching powder inside of her pompoms, containing some sort of chemical that she was very allergic to. Ashlee wasn't dead, but she was definitely not going to the Prom.

And from the looks of things, Ricky wasn't the only one trying to fix the ballots.

OOC: Ashlee/Zariah was a harmless Villager.

Day phase now begins survivors! You have 48 hours to catch yourself a wolf! Good luck!

Tiffany was outside the hospital along with Meredith and Duke. They all just heard Ashlee's father telling them about his daughter. Tiffany was saddened with the news although she was somewhat relieved that Ricky had been one of the suspects. However, there's always something that Tiff didn't understand at all.

- Mer, why Ashlee is at the hospital? I thought that Ricky was the mean guy.

Meredith sighs but decides that keeping the dodo-brained cheerleader in the dark is a bad idea.

- That's because there's another bad guy that helped Ricky doing his bad deeds.

- Really? That is so MEAN!!!!

- Not mean, REALLY mean. Meredith decides to play with Tiffany again

- Do you have any idea? Who is that mean?

(OOC: I want to let the others posting first before voting.)

Meredith rolls her eyes. "I don't know, Tiff. It's gotta be one of the other nominees, and there aren't that many left. Just you, me, Sue, and Duke." She pauses as she realizes what she's said. There aren't enough male candidates to go around, and the idea of going to prom with a non-nominee is unthinkable. That's going to cause an issue "Do you have any ideas?"

"I don't know..." Meredith tunes out Tiffany's mindless voice as she forms her own opinions.

"Actually, Tiff, I think I might know who it might be. Dee was one of the victims, right, and she was going to prom with Duke, so it's not him. And frankly, Tiff, I can't see you as the attacker." That's for sure. She hasn't got any brain cells. "It's obviously Sue. She's not as dumb as she seems, and she didn't have any prospects lined up as far as I know. Maybe she wanted to take out some of the compeitition. Looks like she made a bit of a mistake in her calculations, seeing as Duke's the only guy left." Meredith notices Tiff staring at her with a bemused expression. "Did you follow that?"

"Sort of. So you're saying Sue's the mean one?"

"Yup. She always did think she was too good for us."

(OOC: I'll leave Tiffany room to agree or disagree. Meanwhile, I vote Sue/Ayshela.)

Tiffany thinks about what Meredith just said. Earlier, Meredith said that it was Ricky and she was right. So, following that err... "logic", she must be probably right.

- Well, I think that Sue is the mean one!

Meredith pats Tiffany.

- Don't try too hard, you'll have a headache.

- I never had a headache before. What it feels like?

(OOC: A vote against Sue/Ayshela.)

Duke was rather quiet throughout the discussion. He, too, was convinced that somebody else was trying to sabotage things, but he absolutely had no idea about who it could be.

Sue? They were right about the fact that she seemed to be feeling too good for them, but would she dirty her hands by injuring people?

Tiffany? Out of the question ... you need to be capable of intelligent thought for things like this.

What about Meredith? She was always pretty calculating, and she definitely would be able to pull this off.

He stayed with the others, just in case someone came up with a brilliant argument.

OOC : Vote against Meredith/Dragonqueen. No particular reason other than me feeling like going against the flow.

Meredith turned her attention to Duke, having had as much conversation with Tiff as was bearable. He'd been quiet during Meredith's discussion with the other girl, and she wanted to know why.

"Duke, you've been awfully quiet. What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you think someone was working with Ricky?"

Duke leaned calmly on his crutches.

"Yes, I think Ricky had help ... unless he put the powder in her pompoms before he killed himself? The thing is, I don't think we'll find out until it's too late and somebody else gets one of those "accidents". And then ... "

He hesitates for a moment before continuing.

"I know it's not me causing these "accidents" , and I can't imagine Tiffany causing them. That leaves Sue and you from the nominees ... I think both of you are capable of doing it, even though I'd hate to think it was either one of you."

OOC : Not changing my vote ... yet. I can be persuaded :)

Meredith looked hurt. That's as good as accusing me! "You honestly think I would do something like that? Sure, the girls and I don't always get along, but they're my dearest friends! I would never, ever sabotage them. What kind of a monster do you think I am?"

Pausing to wipe a tear from her eye, Meredith turns to Tiffany. "Can you believe it, Tiff? Duke as good as accused me! Tiff, you know I would never do anything to hurt you or the other girls, right? You're like sisters to me!" Tiff nodded uncertainly.

"Sue, on the other hand...She never saw eye to eye with any of us. Always aloof, like she was so superior to us. She'd think nothing of pulling a few dirty tricks like that. Duke, I totally can't believe you'd even think of suspecting me! I'm not like Sue!" Sniffing, Meredith whirled around and started down the hall. "I think I need some time to myself. You know, to reevaluate who my real friends are."

With no one really left to talk with, Tiffany and Meredith found themselves sticking together for the last day of school before the Prom. Hurt that Duke suspected her, but not really wanting to completely shun him for the sake of the crown, Meredith was making a habit of avoiding him, but being polite to him whenever she was unable to do that.

However, the two cheerleaders found plenty of reasons to feed off of each other reasons for why Sue might be the other party behind the slur of accidents and deaths that had caused Ricky's own demise.

"I, like, so totally knew she thought she was better than us!" Tiffany sniffed indignantly. "She's probably been paying attention in class or listening to the teachers or something!"

"Tiff, that's it!" Meredith yelled, receiving only a blank stare in response.

"Wha?"

"What if Sue has been doing more than just talk to one of the teachers?"

The blank stare from Tiffany continued.

"What if she's been, like, sleeping with one?"

"Eww! Like, no way!"

"Well, it'd explain why she seems to know so much..."

The girls talked through morning break.

The rumour had spread around the entire school by the end of lunch. Sue's day ended as she was called up to the Principal's office.

It might have been only a rumour, but there was no way Sue would get voted Prom Queen now. And the big night was only one more sleep away.

OOC: Sue/Ayshela was a harmless Villager. It is now Night Phase. Wolf, you have 24 hours.

And finally, despite all of the slander, accidents and deaths that had been coursing through Sunnyvale Hills high School, Prom Night had arrived.

Everyone showed up in their best, those who hadn't been nominated for once thankful of this fact, after seeing the turns of events for the past couple of weeks.

Tiffany was practically bursting with excitement and cheerleader-ness as she drifted through the dance floor, her arm around some kid who was cute enough and not too unpopular to be seen with her.

As the night went into full swing, Tiffany eventually found herself standing next to Meredith at the punch bowl.

"OhmyGod hi!" Tiffany squealed to the only other remaining female nominee. "You look so totally gorgeous!"

"Thanks, Tiff," Meredith smiled, "you look pretty too."

"So, like, where's your date?" Tiffany's face suddenly took on a shocked expression. "You didn't come alone, did you?" she breathed.

"Actually Tiff, I did." Meredith grinned suddenly, "I'm not going to need anyone with me tonight except for the Prom King."

Tiffany frowned in confusion as the complex sentance struggled to translate in her brain. Before she could complete the task, Meredith bumped into her, causing Tiffany to spill her glass of punch all down her dress.

Meredith smiled evilly to herself as she watched the competition run off screaming to the ladies room.

Moments later, a call went out over the crowd for the nominees to step up to the stage for voting.

Duke hopped up in his crutches, smiling at Meredith before frowning in confusion as he failed to see Tiffany appear.

DJ Johnny Johnson looked at the one female and one male nominee on stage in confusion, before sighing to himself and shaking his head.

"Well folks," he drawled into the mic, "it appears that the voting has already been made for you. I'd like to introduce to you your Prom King and Queen for this class of 2005!"

Meredith smiling a dazzling smile at Duke as the pair were crowned, a bouquet of roses gifted to the Queen whilst a sceptre was handed to the King.

"You didn't...?" He whispered to her as the audience cheered and clapped.

"Oh, I did, Duke, I did." Meredith winked at her King. "You'd be surprised what a girl will go through for a little recognition these days."

OOC: Congratulations to the Wolves! Meredith was the second wolf. Sorry villagers. Good game though!

So, um, all hail the King and Queen?