The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sneaky Party Preparations

Ayshela

Ayshela slinks through the shadows, sticking trails of glowing yellow paper footprints throughout the Pen, all leading in to the Birthday Room to a dimly lit table upon which sits a very large birthday cake and two bowls of punch (alcoholic and non, to each their own). Above the table hangs a large banner which glows through the dimness, reading "Happy Twenty Second Birthday Tamaranis!".

Looking about, Ayshela mumbles her way through her checklist, hoping all is cheery enough for a birthday yet dim enough for one who avoids bright lights. With a small nod, she leaves "Happy Birthday" lingering in the air with hugs set to pounce him as soon as he arrives, then she races off to an appointment she's already late for.

Wyvern stumbles along through the shadows as he follows the glowing footprint trail set by Ayshela, nearly knocking over a fragile lamp with his tail as he arrives at the Birthday Room set up in the Cabaret. Sneaking into the chamber in the hopes of maintaining the atmosphere that Ayshela has set, the overgrown lizard approaches a table for gifts and reaches into his tunic, pulling out an Almost Dragonic Brand Holy-Water-Resistant Chalice™ filled with a strong blend of Bloody Mary. Setting it on the table, the lizard begins crossing his claws in the hopes that Tamaranis had a good day, then thinks better of it and simply hisses:

"Happy Birthday, Tamaranisss! Hope you had a great day."

Wyvern pats Tamaranis on the back with a claw and bows, departing from the chamber and wondering if a certain band of outlaws threw a wild party for Jadros the other day...?

;-)

OOC: Happy birthday, Tamaranis. :)

The Tamned!

You are my very first bastard related poem. What honor could be greater? :P

You are one of my favorite online friends and It's a good thing because when Katz and I finally get together and start making some of our evil plans to take over the world come to light, you're going to want to be on our side!

Now see in this portion of this birthday greeting post (which admitedly doesn't look much like a birthday greeting post) I'm really tempted to bring up some one liners of our inside jokes, but I truly believe a few of them might startle people not privy to the "inside" part of the joke into terrified states. I think you know which one liners I mean.

So, on that note, just know that me and the giant metal spiders hope this birthday is as fabulous and unique and wonderful as you are.

~Salinye :fairy:

BTW, check your pm's once in a while and HEY where have you been on messenger lately? I reappear and you disappear? Pretty soon I'm going to take that personal! :P

Edited by Salinye

Katz shuffles into the room and drops a card onto the table.

I figured I had no choice but to make an appearance at this one.

Oh, hi Sal!

Grinning, wondering if she's going to catch Sal on messenger any time soon, Katz shuffles out again.

(PS. Tam, ya know I luvs ya. Have a good one.)

When Venefyxatu finally finds his way to the Birthday room, he notices to his relief that Tamaranis isn't there yet. Leaving a card and a small package containing several vials of blood on necklaces (still with the text, "Got turned to dust again? Our vials will have you restored in no time!") he joins the line of waiting so that he can sing as well.

OOC : Happy birthday, Tamaranis!

A letter floats, Andrew Lloyd Webber-esque, down from the rafters of the Mighty Birthday Hall. Accompanying are several discordant strains of faux-opera music and then a crash as a little blue man in a rather tasteful black suit follows the letter, along with some scaffolding-rubble. He stands up, dust covered, straightens the plastic (Finn's a bit cheap.) mask on his face, and then slinks back up the stairs for a proper entrance.

The letter sits, forgotten for the moment, on the floor. When he has reached the top of the stairs, Finnius turns, sweeping his cloak out in front of him. For about thirty seconds, he looks dashing, menacing, and mysterious. Then he tries to walk back down the stairs and trips on his cloak, tumbling half the way down.

He once more dusts himself off and adjusts his mask, which is having a hard time staying on without any string. He clears his throat and glances around the room.

"Where's Tam?"

Pered, curled up and half asleep, grumbles a bit at the disturbance.

""asn't show'd up yet. *nyup nyup*"

Finnius sighs, sags a bit, and sits down on some rubble to wait for his favorite vampire to show up fer his birthy-day party.

OOC: Happy birthday, ye olde blood-sucker!

Due to Ayshela thoughtfully keeping the lights low, it should have been as easy for Tamaranis to shift into the shadows of the birthday hall as it was for Peredhil to curl up and take a nap on the floor. But evil, brooding dark lord types can't be expected to return that sort of thoughtfullness and actually show up when and where they're expected for trivial social engagements. They're often busy crushing dreams, extinguishing hopes, performing dark, forbidden rituals, etc.

Also, they're mean.

Tamaranis did eventually show up, though, through the door, like any reasonable person might. Perhaps his entrance wasn't meant to top Finnius' in menace and style. Or perhaps it was ruined by Ayshela's pounce.

Couldn't an ancient vampire, having survived multiple wars with archmagi, demons, and crusaders move quickly enough to avoid such a pounce? Surely he wouldn't have lived so long if that was not the case. Or failing that, shouldn't he have the sheer strength and presence to withstand the impact? Probably!

But from the point of view of an omniscient narrator it works a lot better if the answer to both questions is "no."

((Aren't I the classy one, showing up for my own birthday thread six days late.))