The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Genesis of the Pen

The Portrait of Zool

The indomitable Webber continued his campaign of writing excellence.

Tue Nov 28 17:26:58 2000

You received letter on an arrow from webber (#523).

hey there

Tue Nov 28 17:27:27 2000

You received letter on an arrow from webber (#523).

buddy

Repeated four times

~~~~~

Meanwhile a eager applicant to tPiMttS in the form of a young Bard named Lumpenproletariat appeared...

As an entry test, they were required to attack one of us before they were allowed to join the Guild to prove the quality of their Arrow.

Zool sends warning that I'll be the Grader.

Message From Zool (#1982)

at Wed Nov-29-2000 11:23:06

Dearest Peredhil,

A fellow Bard comes knocking!

It is (Lumpenprol-) Etariat(#4152). He has applied to the guild and has been accepted for the battle test.

He is, however, researching. You are, fortunately, close to his neighborhood. Would you be so kind as to consider being the proctor of his battle test?

Let me know.

Yours,

-Z

I accept eagerly, and Webber comes calling with an odd sort of peace offering Arrow - which in original form spread across several pages of white space.

at Wed Nov-29-2000 12:56:46

Thanks! I'll let him know. He said he would be done researching in a week or so. I will have him msg you to arrange a convenient time for you to be attacked. :P

btw ttfn TPiMttS aat taictorn.

(By the way tata for now The Pen is Mightier that the Sword and all that that's all I can think of right now)

-Z

~~~~

Message From webber (#523)

at Wed Nov-29-2000 18:49:58

i am an 8 year old and i dont care if u attack me there r allies in b2 and guilds in b2 so let get it on in there the stack i used when i was green was

when i was ranked like 200

150 phoenix

5000treant

10000 werebear

20000 gorrila

100000 dryad

50000 nymph got me to 11000 land on b2 then i went to

11000 treant

4000 of both chimera & hydra

16000 salamander

30 phoenix

100000 nymph

70000 elven magician

1000000 archer got me to rank 12 with 19000 land well i have just done researching in b2 cuz i am switching colours to see which i am best with just was red I was but I didnt really like it. Try the stack i gave YOU it really works o and tell me your mage names in b1&b2 so we can dewl it out there

WATCH OUT I MIGHT STUN YOU

THE 8 YEAR OLD WEBBER

HEHEHEHEHHEEHEHEHHHEHE

THIS IS A LONG 1

B2 & B1 RULE

R U 31

US KIDS TEND TO TYPE LIKE THIS

DAMN MAN WELL THATS ALL

~~~~

Meanwhile (note the times), Zool is distracting me. :D

Explanation: Ozymandias had accidentally killed himself (without help), and before he could Reincarnate a Mage, Woods, Crooner from Hell (also know as Skummeldor, one of the original Elders), stole his name.

BTW, I could imagine some of the discussions you are having with Skummeldor, currently in the guise of 'Ozymandias'. I would love to hear some of those. ;)

-Z

ROFLOL! Ow! Oof! Ouch! Ugh!

What a slaughter! Hehehe!

Where do you find these guys?

Speaking of which, I think it's time to change the Guild description again. I will work on it, slower this time. :)

Back to Webber, he does seem to have a genuine wilingness to learn. :D

I will check on him on B2. You've got a live one!

I had a bit of luck - Was randomed by a bystander. He didn't get through. I regulared him back, did get through. Also, I contracted 'Wall of Silence' from him. It only lasts for 7 turns, but I had already cast Meteor Storm on my target, and WoS blocks ALL incoming spells as long as the spell is in effect. :)

Cool, huh?

YFA,

-Z

Meanwhile, Zool courageously fights a Guild of multi-magi by himself - and has them on the ropes.

at Thu Nov-30-2000 08:15:26

Woooo! Look at me!

Zool (#1982)

Ranking 71 , Net Power 16,043,169

< Turn 4,898 >

You are under the power of spell Weather Summoning.

You gained -1,392,829 gold -13,905 m.p.

http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

-Z

at Thu Nov-30-2000 08:15:26

Hehe, Webber sounds like quite a go-getter ;)

Argh, my warring is - frustrating. We have the upper hand, but don't really have the experience of finishing off mages.

My lesson for the day;

The reason top black mages have only ten forts is becuase it makes it easier to drop rank and bottom feed.

It's all carefully thought out before-hand. http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

-Z

at Thu Nov-30-2000 05:45:44

If I were you I'd write a short note saying "Hi!".

You can't lose. :)

He wrote me yesterday, and I praised the Gods that he was alive.

I told him I was almost down to writing him...

I have some news for you.

*Stoccato morse code fills the air, which abruptly fades*

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and all the ships at sea.

Flash from B2:

The bloody war between the two newbie guilds, "Kingdoms of the NEW ORDER" and "The Brotherhood of the Night" rages on.

Casualties climb on both sides, but KotNO, who had taken an early lead in the war due to their larger numbers, better organization and aggressive tactics, has slowly begun to lose their lead, as the more experienced mages of The Brotherhood catch on to the realities of all out war.

KotNO mages, after a brilliant start by killing such notable mages as Machine and Dante420, and nearly killing Tasuki, AKA Racouol, blundered badly by failing to make sure these mages stayed dead.

Machine wasted no time, quickly reincarnating as Kiauma, doubly insurring his safe return, which he managed to do in full strength in the marvelously short time of one week, including building geld reserve.

Now the tables are turned as Kiauma seeks vengeance one by one on the mages who only days earlier had defeated him.

It was just reported to this reporter that COld Ice, one of the KotNO outlaws responsible for Machine's demise, is now on the ropes, severely weakened, out of MP and pop, and under every spell in the book.

It was further said that while COld Ice lay in his death throes, and after a quick investigation, a freshly reincarnated mage was found, still with just three forts and under council protection, named COld Firer.

The coincidence simply could not be. The multi-mage was quickly messaged an ultimatum. The body of the ultimatum reads, and I quote;"

"Hello cold firer,

Surprised to hear from me? Wouldn't doubt it.

I thought that perhaps you had the feeling I had a multimage waiting

when I died before, but you are wrong, dead wrong.

The fact is You are simply outmanouvered, outgunned, and outclassed.

I guess the fact that I came back to haunt you so fast surprised you -

but you see, I know what I'm doing, and you don't have a clue, so

you were bound to be surprised, and very dead. >:)

Here is what you should do. Delete your multimage before we send

notice to the admins, and they do it for you. Then, die like a good

little mage and learn from it.

Your devoted enemy,

Kiauma

(That's pronounced Kee-o-ma)

First in Command,

The Brotherhood of the Night"

"The enemy has yet to be heard from, and has until tomorrow morning.

This is Zool, and this has been all the news fit to print.

Until next time, Good evening."

Woods reveals himself to me - he isn't Ozymandias as I'd thought! I wasn't too bright when I was a Quillbearer.

Message From Ozymandias (#2423)

at Thu Nov-30-2000 11:50:02

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha*cough* *splutter*

The soul, quill-holding fingers and voice-box of Ozymandias has been occupied. The rest was worthless and has been donated to the Salvation Army. I assert psychological squatters' rights and a godforsaken hellhole of a squat it is too...

Still: glad to know you're my vassal, Pered.. Fetch me a jug of Evian and some crackers and cheese. Then get down and give me 20!

Woods

:P

What do you fancy as reinforcements? I'm just finishing research and then I'll put a good stack together and start thumping some Ringlord enemies. Take care and catch u soon!

Zool discovers Reality.

at Thu Nov-30-2000 11:50:02

I have the lowest acerage of anyone on my local rankings list. http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Perhaps this means something... :P

-Z

~~~~

at Thu Nov-30-2000 12:12:51

Thu Nov 30 10:55:04 2000

You received letter on an arrow from Tyrael (#209).

The archangel testing your defense, good luck !

Tyrael

Thu Nov 30 10:55:04 2000

ALERT!!!!! Tyrael (#209) sieged your country!!

You killed Tyrael (#209)'s 3,444/129,532 units and lost 19,332/124,767 units

You failed to defend your country. You lost 322 acres of your lands.

You lost more power than Tyrael (#209) during the battle.

Taken out by an Ascendant mage. Yeesh.

Of course, he was nearly 20M power. :(

-Z

Lumpenproletariat FINALLY communicates up.

Message From Etariat (#4152)

Ah, peredhil. I am suposed to attack you, but I will still need some 2 or so weeks before I'm ready to attack you, i will message you at a later date, and we can scheldule sometime, yep.

lumpenproletariat

~~~

Message From Peredhil31 (#2504)

at Sat Dec-02-2000 18:17:47

Lumpy (Etariat) sent a message saying it would be a couple of weeks before he could attack me. My reply:

Etariat's Scouts approached the borders of Peredhil's Kingdom trepidatiously.

It sat nestled like a jewel set in a verdant hilled setting.

The intensified Sunlight was occluded slightly with the shimmery air indicating strong magical barriers holding powerful spells dammed up within.

It was a wide happy kingdom wider than it was deep, with decoriously placed Forts linked by tree lined roads.

Thick forest grew intertwined with towns. As the Scouts watched, Several Treants herded groups of Hurons from one grove to another; Dryads with kerchiefs binding back luxurious hair knelt and tended pungent herbal gardens.

Water was abundant, secluded grottos and pools chained like like pearls on multiple strands. Nymphs swam and sported with local youths.

Elven Magicians worked small magics to amuse the children while their parents worked their tasks and chores.

The twinkle of arrows in practice was followed after a long moment's wait by the solid *Thunk* of the arrows striking the butts. The Elves seems happy in their roles as teachers of the local humans.

Given the heavy protective spells and wards against unlife, the Scouts were amazed to see heavily cloaked Vampires wearing large floppy sun-hats tending the flowered graveyards. Their faces, even at the distance, appeared heavily smeared with Zinc Oxide cream.

Perched like sparrows atop the Crypts, Angelic beings chatted casually with the Undead as they cleaned out the rain gutters.

All in all, a peaceful day in the Half-Elf's Kingdom.

With a clank and whir of chain, the drawbridge on one of the nearer forts lowered. A small group of brightly plumed knights rode easily through the high gate and started toward the Kingdom's borders. Obviously another Patrol beginning its rounds.

The Scouts slipped away to report back to their Master.

Elrond Peredhil, 31

~The Pen is Mightier than the Sword~

Quill-Bearer

~~~~~

Heh heh heh, class is now out of session. ;)

-Z

Since Lumpy was suckered in, I mean, brave enough to join us, we immediately put him to work.

at Mon Dec-04-2000 09:57:22

Message sent to Etariet;

(I'll let him know of his 'duties' as our webmaster tomorrow. I don't want to be too transparent ;o )

Hello Lumpen,

How goes it?

I must say, We at TPiMttS have been following your 'Spell Terra' thread with some interest. Frankly, we are impressed. That is just the kind of informed, articulate, mischievious rabble rousing we like to see!

We are glad you feel TPiMttS is right for you, and even better, we feel you are right for TPiMttS. :)

So, given our high value on verbal skill, it has been decided to go ahead and admit you to our guild.

We feel that the keys to playing AM well are game knowledge and the ability to keep a cool head. We can teach the first (and maybe learn a thing or two), and you've certainly demonstrated the second on the UBB.

Congratulations.

-Zool

Elder and Leader Pro-Tempore

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

~~~~

And Woods comments on my Message to Lumpy.

Message From Ozymandias (#2423)

at Mon Dec-04-2000 09:57:22

Jesus, Peredhil, your kingdom sounds like one of those all-inclusive holiday resorts in Jamaica. I'm tempted to attack you just to check out the nightlife!

Come to think of it, that's what Julius Caesar thought about the UK...

Nearly researched:)

Woods

Lumpy's Arrow and reply. You can see why we wanted him.

at Fri Dec-15-2000 03:54:40

Lumpens scouts reeled back towards their home kingdom, needing rest and relaxation.

Reaching the Etariats lands the next day, they reported to their fair leader that The half-elf Peredhil31 was leading a very magestic kingdom.

lumpenproletariat had to call an emergency meeting with his council of 13.

"As you know men" he began "we have had a fine ride against recent nether neighbors, and our explorers have been doing well, so much so our kingdom has expanded to Four thousand five hundred acres. But there is still the pressing problem of allies, we have one, but he may not be idealy suited to high leveled warring."

"Send word to peredhil31's kingdom asking if he knows of any other mage needing an alliance."

With that, the messegers set off, while lumpenproletariat sat back to wait for word to come back.

~~~

On arrival, Etariat's scouts are refreshed and healed.

After ceremonies and songs, the scouts are presented with magical weapons and rings with warnings. (Don't wear them in the rain, they tend to short circuit.)

Elrond wanders in, still dressed in Calvin Kleins and Gucci shoes from his visit to the Wyvern Production movie set.

On hearing the ally issue set forth, he asks the scouts if Etariat would consider accepting a Peredhil as an ally. Elrond is sure that Ozymandias wouldn't mind.

The happy, slightly stuff, scouts set off...

Elrond Peredhil, 31

~TPiMttS~

Quill-Bearer

~~~~~~

Sadly, back to the grind of a war game. The slavish reply to attacks.

at Thu Dec-07-2000 05:37:40

reply to failed attack

Hail Lord Ronny!

Normally, bound by my description and my Guild's description, I would have to counter-attack because your War Arrow wasn't imaginative enough.

However...

See the loss of a Hero, a Vampire Hunter at that, so close to the end of the reset! Ouch! You have my sympathy!

I'm not going to Counter this time. You probably would have won, but I'm in a war with a Phantasm mage, and have been stacking accordingly... :)

Good luck and good hunting!

Elrond Peredhil, 31

~The Pen is Mightier than the Sword~

Quill-Bearer

Lumpy is welcomed with open-arms. In another reset, he became our leader for a while.

at Fri Dec-15-2000 17:13:24

Once again, the gate lowers, and Etariats' scouts and messengers are welcomed back into the kingdom.

They rush up the gate and in the Chateau De Etariat. "the news is good sir!, Elrond Peredhil has offered an alliance to us."

"Well send an official messenger straight away, we need to get this Ager show on the road."

And finally, (you thought this lame nostalgia would never end didn't you? Pretty much showing just how far we've come - we were pretty raw and learning back then. :D

Anyway, the Loremaster wanted a Pen song. Everyone thought Woods would write it, but I was hit by an inspiration named Wyvern...

at Sun Dec-17-2000 13:48:30

How 'bout a rap?

Yo!

Yo, Yo, Duncan Yo Yo Yo!

S'word to y'all

We pontificate,

We rhapsodize,

We educate,

We subsidize,

We procrastinate,

But we never be late!

Our Pen is bigger than your Sword.

Word!

Bards and Quill-bearers in the house,

say "Hey"

Say "Ho"

Say "Hay"

Say "Horrors, that guild is 'tacking again,

cut up my Trees,

cut down my Djinn,

Shot my sprites

and impregnated my nymphs

now the silly spirits

look to those Pen bearing pimps.

Say "high"

Say "low"

Say "Pen is in the house and at your door,

gonna write you an Arrow and show you more,

gonna take your land to the cheers of our Fandom,

Cause you illiterate jerks keep writing 'Random'

Say "Pen"

Say "Sword"

Say "Mightier"

Say "Is the Word!"

:>

Elrond Peredhil, 31

~TPiMttS~

Just a lowly Quill-Bearer...

• 2 weeks later...

Zool....the Doctor disputes this version of the Pens' origin. You expect us to believe that the Pen originate from some silly wargame? Bah.....everyone knows the truth of the Pen's origin.

IThe Pen is a conspiracy by Peredhil to spread politeness.......

Zool raises to protest, but is quickly tackled by two enourmous and impeccably dressed guinea pigs. They slap duct tape over the portrait's mouth and wrap rope around the frame horizontally, apparently out of habit. Then they slam the full-sized standing portrait feet-first into an elongated metal tub and begin mixing the concrete.

"Mmmmm! MMM!" said Zool, struggling against the ropes.

"Id'll go easia' on ya if youse don't struggle," Nuncio says lazily as he opens another bag of Ready-Mix.

:P