The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bachelorette Auction Results!

Ayshela

With all due apologies for the lateness of this (I intended to have this posted days ago but have been flat in bed 18 hours a day lately)..

The winners of the bachelorette auction! Some of the bidding was pretty fierce, and a few of our ladies have taken on two dates each. Since the purpose of this event was to have fun and get to know our community members better, part of this event will be the bachelorette and the winning bidder getting together to decide how they want their date to work. As a reminder, this can work one of three ways:

1. He can choose to have his partner write something about or for him.

2. He can choose to have his partner write up how their supposed date went - escapades most definitely in the possibilities with this one. ;)

3. He can co-write the date with his partner toward an agreed-upon objective.

So, it's time to get together with your partner to have fun and get writing! If the first and/or final (if one time) post is up by Sunday, January 16, 2005, the bachelorette will earn 20 geld instead of 10 for participation. :)

Now, for the winners:

Alaeha - Elrohir

Annael - Jirah

Ayshela - Ozymandias, Elladan

CheerMynx - cryptomancer

Hanna Lannette Walker - X-Sabre

Horace - Guido

Mynx - Gryphon

PS - Black9

Rhapsody - DeathofRats

Salinye - Finnius, Gyrfalcon

Shadows - Xaious

Wrenwind - Wyvern, Peredhil

Zariah - Nyyark, Reverie

Have fun, all! :)

'shela

Oh THIS could be fun results to read! I can hardly wait, some of these character combinations are just wonderful. :)

For any of my entourage, I'm uber-busy suddenly due to a number of rapidly real-life changing situations.

I'd suggest the best way to go would be for the Ladies to write something, PM it to me, I'll tweak any "historical" inaccuracies, PM it back, and we'll see if we agree. If that wouldn't fit your idea, PM me! I'm so flexible I'm twisted.

Most of my group are pretty well documented all OVER the Pen. I'd suggest the last set of dates for a good starting point, and for the Bodyguards, Guido and Nuncio, I'd suggest that some insight may be found in the thread Conversations in the Cabaret Room, and in their Rooms in the Mighty Pen Keep, logged in one of the Master Tomes of the Conservatory.

*Translating the above post into a list of links for the sake of those without time to dig through archives*

Ok... the Rooms thread is actually stickied in the Assembly Room. For the sake of convenience and continuity, it's here.

Conversations was apparently also moved to the Assembly Room (bad Peredhil. I should shake my finger at you for that. ;)) Anyway, it's a rather old one, from back before the current incarnation of the Pen I believe -- as, at that time, Peredhil had different screen names for each character. It can be found here.

And the dates with Ayshela, Alaeha, and Tanuchan are equally easy to find. ;)

That's it, I think. I couldn't find anything in the Greenroom's Index or the Piazza.

Opens her mouth and closes it again as Peredhil appears and answers her question. Raises a finger in preparation to go searching through the rooms and lowers it again as Alaeha appears and gently pushes the links forward.

Oh, well then, I guess the only thing left is to write it.

I have a big report due on the 14th, so I might not get this done, depending on whether or not I end up procrastinating on my report today to write this ;)

Wanders off, pondering. "Guido... hmmm...."

Wyvern sits silently in the corner of the Cabaret Room, his eyes widening and his forked tongue hanging loose as Ayshela announces the results of the bachelorette auction. The reptilian Elder bounces up and down gleefully when his name is called alongside Wrenwind, his nose bleeding upon hearing Ayshela mention the possibility of "escapades" and his tail trembling slightly. Turning to Horace and Rhapsody, the lizard bows apologetically for not winning them over and quickly whips out a piece of Almost Dragonic Brand Loose Leaf Paper™, scrawling something onto it in an illegible hand. Racing over to Wrenwind, the lizard hands the large leaf to her and flashes her a grin of razor sharp teeth, winking sinisterly and letting out an evil cackle as he departs from the area. Wrenwind frowns upon seeing this, and the frown only deepens when she unfolds the leaf to find option #2 written there, with the word "supposed" crossed out and replaced with the adjective "HOT."

;-)

Watching Wyvern bounce around with that dangerously gleeful look in his eyes, Yui finds herself suddenly rather relieved that she doesn't qualify as a 'bachelorette'. The prospect of another date with the reptilian wonder still sends chilling tingles down her back, even after half a year.

;)

Have fun, everyone.

Ever-so-briefly,

~Yui