Then by time is so shall pass

The end is near

But i do not fear

For i know when the sun goes down

You my friend will be found

With your head softly on your pillow

Sleeping soundly under that great willow

Edited by sweetnightmare

"I know I am a Stranger here, but I would like to become a regular...although I am not sure if I am going about this all in the right way. I just need to write. and company is always good"

Looks around and wonders if she knows what she was doing*

" well i guess i will find out soon"

Sighs and waits*

"Strangers, here, are nothing less than potential friends, so do not let the title get comfortable. It seldom lasts very long," a voice intruded gently, drawing attention to the small, cloaked woman who stood in the shadow of the open door. With a smile that warmed the cool depths of her green eyes, the lady stepped into the cluttered Recruiter's office, inclining her head politely to their visitor. "As for writing, you will find that we have an abundant variety. Poetry, fantasy, drama... seek anything you like, and I guarantee you can find it. I'll be glad to help.

"But companionship...? That, you can't search out, here." For a moment, she let the words settle into the silence, holding back the mischievous smile that twitched on her lips. Only for a moment, however. "Instead, it will most likely will sneak up on you in the halls, accost you when you enter a room and generally follow you about wherever you go within our walls. If you are lucky, it will just latch onto your leg or arm or wrap you about with a hug. At times, I'm quite sure it will trip you up, stumble into you, and generally bring you down in a tangle of limbs. It's quite common with some of the characters in this Keep."

She winked conspiratorily at sweetnightmare, her teasing humor alight on her face. "Welcome to the Pen, friend. I'm Temae Yui... I hope you don't bruise too easily."

This poem is so visual. I think it's cool! If you ever decide to edit it or get feedback, post it in the Writing Forum for help. We are all nice here, so have no fear.

I also like how the opening two and closing two lines are the same concept-- the imagery of as person sleeping in two worlds, going from one to the other.

Welcome!

Rushed to the door to call after the figure in the hall going about his way*

"thank you, Good sir i would be very happy any time at all to hear your thoughts. your replys are something i often stumbled across while i was wondering" smiles*

" it is great to hear that someone understands.."

Sweetnightmare fidgets uneasily in her applicant easychair as she ponders where the Elder of Initiates' could be, staring towards the front door of the Office and sighing to herself softly. The words of Yui, Zariah, and Peredhil provide her with a source of comfort in her wait, constantly affirming and reassuring her that she is wanted by the Pen community and softening her fears a bit. She decides to lift herself from her seat in the hopes of inquiring one of her three comforts about the whereabouts of the late recruiter when the Office door slams open and Wyvern races in, dressed in an amalgam of Hawaiin coloring and beer stains. The reptilian Elder bows to her apologetically as he enters, and pauses to catch his breath for moment before hissing:

"Greetingsss, sorry for the lateness. Have been having a few business issues recently involving a couple of animal health agencies and mime unions that seem to be showing a distinct lack of sympathy for Almost Dragonic Brand Spin-Offs®. *Ahem* Moving onwards... your application."

The overgrown lizard snaps a scaly finger and quickly sprints to his desk, digging through several piles of papers there and cursing to himself until he comes across sweetnightmares application. Carefully reading over her poem, the reptilian Elder casts her a grin of razor sharp teeth and hisses:

"Well... for a nightmare, your poem is certainly sweet."

"Thank you... I think?" Sweetnightmare fiddles with her hair nervously. "I realize I'm probably a Stranger to you now, umm, I mean a potential friend. I mean, that is to say, I'd like to become a regular. Oh, please don't hack and slash my grammar!"

"No strangers here" hisses the lizard reassuringly, winking to the applicant. "Though I must say, I find it rather strange that you'd donate such a fine pair of golden wings to your friend, and stranger still that you wouldn't bring them to this Office for inspection. I'd very much like to, errr, 'try them on'."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sweetnightmare frowns and goes still. "My friend's currently sleeping, and I've already been waiting for an eternity, so..."

"Understandable." Wyvern digs through his desktop for a moment in search of the acceptance stamp only to pause and hesitate. Grabbing the stamp, he lifts himself from his seat and suddenly jumps up close to the applicant, causing her to gasp. Eyeing the Office entrance warily, the lizard whispers to her:

"One other thing, just for your personal safety: you didn't read this poem near that door over there did you? I'm afraid he has a thing for girls that dig great willows..."

Sweetnightmare raises a brow upon hearing this and slowly shakes her head, only to brighten up considerably as the lizard immediately stamps her application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, sweetnightmare, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I've enjoyed reading your poems as well as your numerous comments on other peoples' works... I hope the Pen provides you with an environment that proves to be as comfortable as it is friendly and refreshing, and look forward to reading more of your material. Once again, welcome!