The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What did you get for Christmas?

Zariah

Zariah wandered the halls of the Pen, curious and anxious to share in the hoiliday spirit. She was excited to find out what the other Pennites had received for the Holidays. She peeked into the Cabaret Room and saw a few members lurking about with various expressions on their faces.

She worked up her courage and made an announcement.

Clearing her throat and shaking a little, she began, "Uhhh....(ok I can do this)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! I was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing what they got for Christmas? I thought we could all share the good spirit together! Errr...or not...but, um...so....does anyone want to participate??

She looked at everyone with a nervous and pleading expression and awaited a response.

(OOC: If anyone wants to add at the end OOC sharing of presents that's cool too, or even someone can start and OOC thread.)

What i got for Christmas

- Parmenion visiting me and my family for the holiday

- a warm house

- happy mostly healthy kidlets

- a cd player and a couple cd's

- a beautiful seude jacket

- hubby that loves me no matter what wierdness i get into LOL

- friends

- lots of little things that mean so much

Edited by WrenWind

...fountain of the dreamlost absent mindedly wondered into the Carbaret Room, just in time to hear Zariah's request.

Christmas, he thought? Well, Revery and Quest thought that just because the Holiday day break was upon us, didn't mean I got to be lax in my studies... So they pulled their collected resourses and hired me a full time tutor. A, Mr. Abensai, I believe...

Anyway, Revery gave strict instructions to Quest and Castle have Mr. Abensai ready to meet me on Christmas day. Unfornately for my tutor, Quest got called away on some Great and Important Intergalatic quest in something called a Worm-Hole Far, Far Away.

What's that? Oh yeah Worms-holes don't exactly fit the whole dreamlost fantasy scheme, but Quest likes to go both ways... Anyway, Commander Quest...(yes he insist we call him that when he puts on his space suit) got called away in his ridiculos looking Space Suit, so he left Castle in charge of the preperation.

Now Castle being a castle, never did quite understand the whole being mortal thing, or even how exactly he should go about preparing Mr. Abensai to meet me. So he informed his sentries that Revery had left my Xmas present waiting in the Lobby, and that whatever it is should be secured, wrapped, appropately decorated, and ready for presentation beneath the tree by the appointed day.

Well, that was 2 weeks ago, and imagine my surprise when I found Mr. Abensai, all decked out in Christmas Holly and tinsle under the tree. The sentries really went all out, he had little silver's bells on his lapel, a santa stocking cap clapped to his head, and silver and gold chains wound all around him securing him to the trunk of the tree. Oh since Castle didn't give any instruction regarding food or water... he was really quite dead at this point, but ya know, it really was a really nice thought.

A akward silence followed Fountain's rememberance, and scanning the faces of the penites before him, Fountain noticed the looks of shock and horror. Oh don't worry about Mr. Abensai, Revery gave him a fine military funeral/christmas Pagent with full honors and everything. It went over so well, that Revery said we may even do one next year, but with a fulll regemental drum corps in battle dress with carriage rides for all. It will be so much amazing fun, I can't wait for next year. :)

o.o.c.

Oh for those that don't know, Fountain, Quest and Castle all are in the service of Revery... Fountain's his Apprentice, Quest is his assistant, and Castle is um, his castle.

revery

the dreamlost

"You don't need Deck the Halls or jingle bell rock..." (A. Sandler)

the dream continues...

Edited by reverie

Zariah was glad that two had answered and decided to share her own Christmas experience.

"Well, since I had visited my home tribe a month ago, Mother Crow had given me a gift to open on Christmas. It was sad because I could not celebrate in my holiday tradition with them, but it was a warm and happy feeling to know I was remembered. Here, at the Pen, I have four close Crow friends and their two clans who I shared the Holidays with. I received small tokens, such as a silver painted feather necklace that they had painted and tied themselves with leather cord. I was given a feather hairpiece from my best friend Wanderer. He had found a rare red gem in a cave far away and wrapped it in leather thong and tucked in the feathers with it. I sang for them, my traditional song and we all danced in the forest. It was very nice....and...errr...."

It finally hit her--she realized she had been talking for a long time and felt embarrassed.

"So, yeah. That's, err...my story. Heh...."

And she giggled a nervous laugh and sat down with her hands covering her face.

What I got for Christmas? Well I'll tell you what Kiddo... I got four days of brain killing quality time... Wrecking my brain by playing Homeworld 2... You got a stupid build limit .. and what's worst is that your build limit is 2 for battlecruisers.. and you have to beat like like 12 of them...in an almost endless wave... the cap for capture frigate is 4, sure I love how they change the capture frigate.. except that it's so weak... it's so vunerable... and the time in mission 13 when i spend so much time trying to capture the enemy dreadnaught and realized you can't do it :yuimad::yuimad::yuimad:

In other news what i got is the pleasure to reformat my sister's computer because she got a trojan virus, to recap things a bit i'll tell you the story, back in august my cable provider cut my connection off because they say my connection is spreading virus... my sister claims that she hardly uses her computer so it must be my computer.. i ran a virus scan on my computer.. nothing... then i ran a scan on her computer.. man windows files are infected.. and worst i can't get rid of it... cable company won't hook me back up on cable because I'm not the person on the bills... the person who they have on record as the payee and owner of the cable service is my mom and she was out of the country for the time... i have to get my aunt to pretend to be my mom in order to get cable back...

anyways my cousin promised my sister "LAST WEEK" that she'll format the drive for her.. because she got the windowXp CD... then the time comes and what?!? she said she's too busy... and guess who's left to sit in frount of the computer for 4 hours trying to figure out how to set computer to boot from CD rom and then have to dig my way in my sister's messed up CD pile to find the drivers to make everything work again?

And Ofcourse what else is better then having a white christmas? In the friday (that's christmas day, at least for this year) I woke up and it was snowing hard... but that's all cool because We got someone to shovel the driveway for us... basically the guy drive a pickup truck with a plow in frount and do a little back in and out a few times in my garage ... all paid in good cash... So i wasn't that worried that I'll have to shovel the driveway and be a bit late for work.... I was wrong... so wrong. Everything started kicked in as soon as i saw the driveway in about 1 to 1.5 feet deep of snow... Never wanted to be late for work I start shoveling mad... then my sister came out... and start harassing me about gloves! OMG maybe if she would have helped instead of standing there... then my mom wakes up and bug me about gloves again and told me to stop being hyper?!? I was just trying to clear up the drive way! I ended up putting on the gloves but that's only 5 more minutes of shoveling before i was done with the shoveling... luckily the road wasn't that bad because everyone seems to have the same problem as i do. Oh btw.. the guy that was suppose to clear my driveway? When i got back home around 6 pm he was there... He said his truck broke down and had to fix it... explainable... but it's pretty bad when I've already pretty much done his job for him.

And yes... eventhough it's holiday everyone in the house constantly naggs me for sitting in frount of the computer ... despite the fact taht it's a holiday. Grandmother wanted to do the groceries run... grandfather wants to get that haircut.. except the girl that runs the haircut joint down in her basement (and evade some taxes out of it) went on vacation so he can't go. And Generally everyone still thinks I'm lazy despite the fact that I'm the only one doing anything around the house this christmas...

As to what I physically got? You know how giving gifts is a two way thing? YOu never knew how true that phrase really is. I got a sweater from my sister. Yah you can figure what my sister wants for christmas already.... I was thinking about getting gift cert from clothing stores... but I asked anyways and she wanted these pairs of gloves from Bananna Republic. You can never go wrong with gloves... it's always one size fits all deal. My dad gave me some weird Japanese box of fingerfood thingy... Yes my dad loves to snake on stuff... but there's always that need vs wants things... so I gave him a few pairs of silk socks instead... his sox are always full of holes. I worked out this deal with my aunt and my mom to not give gifts to each other.. basically to save money and not bothering to give each other what we don't want... but my aunt gave me some strange package so i went to the body shop give her some body cleanser package. Gifts that gets used up eveuntually makes great presents... you can give them the same thing next year and it won't be too bad. My aunt ended up giving me a pack of chocolage and an enveloped with 3 twenty dollar bills... money... a very useful christmas present indeed.