The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hi:)

Black9

Hi Black.

First, I would suggest taking a look down at the recruiter's office at some of the examples of applications--there's many to choose from :D

Then I would consider applying, if I were you. Also, you might want to read up on the instructions for the forums--this type of post would probably go in the Cabaret Room :D.

Best of luck to you, and if you need someone to show you around, let me know!

Hi Black!

I remember you. :)

Welcome!

The FAQ has all sorts of maps for the weary wanderer. In brief, casual chat things go in the Cabaret, short stories in the Assembly Room, poetry in the Banquet Hall, Role Playing (RP) in the Conservatory, and applications to join in the Recruiter's Office. (Duh, right? :P)

I'll move this post for you, 'cause it's the Polite thing to do to help out.

And while you wait on your Muse, feel free to Politely comment on other's works. Often, when they've overcome the fear of posting, such gentle feedback makes all the difference in whether they post again - if it is something like, "Hey I read this and like this part" or "I could relate to that part".

Hugs

Peredhil

BLACK!!!!

You'll know me as Inbi Infusco. If you're planning on sticking around (you'd better be :P), are you interested in finishing that story we had going on before the AM conservatory died? We could post the first part in the library and then link to it from the Assembly room, and just keep writing. If I remember right, it sprang from the Improv thread but our characters were on a story of their own. Inbi and Lotus...

Katzaniel starts remembering everything from that story, and mentally drifts off.

Inbi, Pointy, Pere, It's nice to see you all again. I had wondered where you all ended up:) By all means I'll be ready to bring back the story we were writting. Lotus has just begun develop. That could be my first start up for my muse. Then perhaps I can expand :flower: Shall I get it or you...scratch that...you probably know the best place to put it. In the conservatory, right? So, do we recruit before new stories or just join on in? Seems kinda different from the old style.

Edited by Black9

I'll track down the old part, I think it should go in the Library. As for the rest, that will depend on whether we want others to join or not. If we plan to leave it open, Conservatory. If not, Assembly Room.

It'll be nice to write as Inbi again.

...I have to leave now, but here is the original story. I can post it in the Library, or if you want to do it go ahead. And if you feel like having it open for others, either way. I'm up for it. I'll have to read the whole story again (and it looks like Tam & Venefyxatu were both in it... hmmmm...)

No time for the moment but if tam and kas dont come in I'll just take blaze (i think that's his name) and put him toward our story part. I think just the origional few is best. Lotus kinda needs blaze to get full story. I'd do it but I will mess it up somehow...I know I will. Besides I need to catch up on it again to. Lotus's lies are fading out of my mind lol:)

I'll have to post page 2 and 3 later.

Only reading bits and pieces as I go, but it looks like Vene & Tam were more important than I remembered. :P Tam might join in... have you seen Vene lately? He's at masked prospects, isn't he?

If it's the four of us, we're really treating it more like an RP, even though it's basically closed to new writers. So conservatory, probably. And if Tam or Vene don't want to finish, perhaps someone else might help us by taking over their characters. Anyway, I've gotta go again.

Edit: Lotus was lying?? :blink:

Edited by Katzaniel

Hey Gyr:) Nice to see you again. We'll, I thought it was easy to see he was atleast somewhat lying. That and I said...

"At this point Lotus gave an inward laugh. Sense he was no longer in the position to make the rules...he would make up the most elaborate lie in the history of the world. Could one man make up an entire lifetime of lies? A lie so big...so wide and with such passion that even he starts to believe it?"

That's not too say it's all lies just 50/50. That or you were joking and I look stupid :blink:

Not sure what will happen on that part of the story:( Maybe someone can take over. Your right about Veneonlygodknowshishorridlylongandhardlyspellablename, he is on the Masked Prospects and I've talked with him over chats at times.

Edited by Black9

Black! The most hardcore, diehard member of AM's conservatory! (He was, you know.)

If I remember correctly, Venefyxatu and I were sort of running a separate storyline that wasn't terribly connected to the one that Lotus and Inbi were in as of yet, I think you could probably pull off dropping Tamaranis and Venefyxatu from that story if you really wanted to.

If you don't want to drop us, though, I'll gladly jump back in. (I don't know if I could do that without Venefyxatu, but I'll do my best.)

Edited by Tamaranis

Whatever we decide I can easily make happen. If I remember right weren't you the one that Blaze was hired to kill? If you feel up to it, sure, it'll be fun to write together again. It will also be easier to maintain the two person match-up then the like six we had going in that place.

Wyvern enters into the Cabaret Room carrying a bat-shaped platter with a glass on top of it, casually whistling to himself as he moves towards the area where Black is chatting. The overgrown lizard pauses and perks his head up as he overhears the part of the conversation involving Veneonlygodknowshishorridlylongandhardlyspellablename, and quickly takes out a notepad to jot the name down as a potential target for Almost Dragonic Brand Last Resort Nicknames™. He then rudely steps in front of Tamaranis and Katzaniel, interrupting their greetings for a moment as he hands Black the tall glass on his platter and hisses:

"Greetings, Black! It has indeed been a long while since we last spoke... Sorry that it took me so long to get here, I was preparing you this Really Bloody Mary over at the Bloodbanks of the Pen, and it took me longer than expected. Hope you enjoy it."

Wyvern casts a quick glance at Tamaranis, then nudges Black slightly and whispers in his ear:

"Psssst, I tapped into Vlad and Tamaranis' extensive blood supplies to make this, so it has type A, type B, type O, type AB, the works... it even has hints of the positive and negative varieties."

With that, the overgrown lizard winks, pats Black on the back, and quickly departs from the scene, fearful that Tamaranis or Vlad might pick up on the blood theft through their supernatural senses.

;-)

Celes is walking out of the Manor of Tongues for a moment and notices the gathering around the newly arrived Black9.

- Hum... It's always good to see a charming new face. I'm Celes Crusader, owner of the Manor of Tongue's Café and responsible of the Manor of Tongues. If you want to check out foreign expressions writings and their translations, chatting about any tongue related matters or simply grab a sandwich, you're welcome at the Café. Now that I'm done with my shameless promotion, if you excuse me, I still have things to do. But I'll be more than happy to get the opportunity to know you better.

She leaves the scene and heads back over the Café.

A raven lands on the head of the new arrival, looks down in the upside down quizzical manner of birds everywhere, and grins.

"Welcome, seems that you are well known in these parts already."

Hopping to the shoulder of his perch the raven looks closely at the eye nearest to him, "You are not a golfer are you?"

"I thought you may be with a name that seems to resemble the term for half a game of golf played at night."

:raven:

Welcome. *grins*

:raven: