The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Birthday Celes

Happy birthday!!!

Chocolate cake was it?

*disappears to find a good confectioner*

:raven:

*Reappears with a large multi-layered chocolate cake, iced with a thick Dark chocolate coating, and generously decorated with a large number of 'Zero dark chocolate bars'*

*grins*

Sugar fix anyone?

:raven:

Wyvern scurries into the Cabaret Room as fast as his scaly legs can carry him, cloaked in an unfashionable-looking cooking apron and weilding an iron frying pan dropped from Racouol's gift rack. Celes Crusador twists her nose and grimaces as the scent of fresh ash and burnt reptilian flesh fills the room, and she raises a brow as Wyvern arrives at her side, his scales covered in soot. The overgrown lizard bows to Celes Crusador apologetically and grumbles a few curses under his breath, then brushes the ash off of his face before hissing:

"Ssssssorry for my belatedness, Lady Celes Crusador! I reeeaaallly wanted to wish you a happy birthday on your actual birthday, but I was too busy preparing your present in the Pen's kitchen and ended up stranded there for a few days."

"My present...?" mutters Celes Crusador, a hint of dread falling over her visage. "The Pen's kitchen? Wyvern, have you been using that Scarf of Disastrous Spell Prevention I gave you?"

"Errrmm" mumbles Wyvern as innocently as possible, sounding like an almost dragonic parody of Richard Nixon. "O-of course, I mean I have."

Lady Celes Crusador frowns.

"So, you decided to cook me something for my birthday?"

Wyvern grins and rapidly nods, pointing a scaly, soot-covered finger in the direction of a nearby hall and exclaiming:

"I decided to bake you a cake, since you always cater to my endless food needs at your Cafe. It took a while to make it and there were a few near-fatal incidents involving flamable icing and trick candles, but it passed the Almost Dragonic Brand Taste(less) Test™ in the end. Wait until you see it, it's sorta unique-looking."

Celes Crusador stares down the hall towards the Pen's kitchen quietly, still frowning and nervously fidgeting at the thought of having to try Wyverns cuisine. Her frown deepens when she hears Izabellas voice scream "what's this, toxic waste?! Oh my God, it's ALIVE!" from the kitchen. Wyvern clenches his teeth and directs his eyes towards the ground nervously, quietly hissing:

"Darn, I knew I shouldn't have added those twelve gallons of Red Bull Energy Drink to the cake mix..."

;-)

OOC: Happy belated, Celes Crusador! :) A happy birthday goes out to Starlight (to whom I now owe a shiny/Rydia magnet) and Damon Inferel as well. Hope you all had a great one!

*Mynx dashes in, looking around like a hyperactive squirrel*

Red Bull? Caffeine?! WHERE?!

*leaps around a few random walls, nuzzles Celes a belated happy birthday, before leaping upside down onto ceiling in the manner of cats and bugs alike, and scuttles out of the room*

[OOC: coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeeco

ffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoff

eecoffeecoffeecoffee................ :D ]

Minta zips around Mynx in happy gnomie circles, squeaking "sugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarwheeeeee!" The broken end of an extra-large adamantium child leash whips around behind her, with a bruised zombie/anchor being skipped across the carpet and leaving smears of decaying flesh.

Elsewhere. . .

*squeeze* "Shiny!" *squeeze* "Shiny!" *squeeze* "Shiny!"

Starlight takes the new shiny laser pointer away from Rydia. Rydia refuses to let go, and a little scuffle ensues. Neither one notices the broken end of the leash, secured a safe distance away from the birthday cookies.