The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pen Hallowe'en Party

Katzaniel

Katzaniel, who had reluctantly donned her outfit at the last moment possible, was eyeing the spiked punch curiously. It was hard to take her seriously, though, for she had decided about the only costume that would enable her to bring her spear was that of a caveman. For once she was not wearing her normal war-paint or bone necklace, but had instead wildly ruffled her hair and attempted to don a loincloth. Since she had no choice but to retain the lower body of a tiger*, this looked fairly ridiculous.

The caveman-Katzaniel reached for the punch....

* If you're unfamiliar with the character, think of a centaur and you get the idea. Also note, the female half of Katz comes from the tiger, not the human, so she's perfectly safe in not wearing a top. ;)

Edited by Katzaniel

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks Yan Yan."

Leif turns and heads over to the bar. Perusing the drinks, he notices Rocky Mountain Meadery on the shelf.

"I will take a mug of sweet mead and a Killian's Red."

The bartender produces the drinks and Leif tips him several silvers. "Thank you kindly."

Walking back to Yan Yan, he places the beer on the table. "How about a bribe for some E.L.O.? Preferably from the Xanadu soundtrack." Leif grins.

Preceded by a large amount of black smoke billowing through the doors and a scattering of pomegranate seeds, Dq glides into the ball room. This rather impressive entrance is marred when the lady collides with a potted plant sitting innocently near the entrance. Stumbling backwards, Dq puts a hand to her forehead and winces. She adjusts her costume, removing several of the heavy black veils which had obscured her vision.

Glancing around, Dq follows everyone's gaze and sees the potted plant, now lieing shattered upon the floor. She moves in front of it, and with a smile says "Pomegranate, anyone?"

*Smiles at Mynx as he spins a techno mix of Kung Fu Fighting. Nodding at her request (and sneaking an eye full of clevage) he lets her know her request will go on next. Before she leaves the booth, he gives her a small bottle "Nagasaki Slammer" (A drink brewwed from fire aglae, giving it a slight 'peyote' effect).* "Try this."

A figure approaches the front door and gently raps on the door.

As the door slowly opens on its own from the rapping, you are all greeted with a sight that is sure to haunt you for many nights to come.

At first someone, yells out that it's a member of the Blue Man group, but upon hearing the first noises coming from the figure, cringes spread like wildfire through the party...

"Fa la lalala la, la lalala la..."

Underneath the red hat, and below the white beard, you see the blue lips of the 6 foot figure move as the noise escapes.

"PAPA SMURF IN THE HIZZOUSE!!" shouts Nave as he settles in.

"SMURF-TASTIC!"

Tanny, holding the door open, blinks in astonishment.

"N-nave? No, Papa Smurf... again...?" whispers her, her face revealing disbelief.

Nave/Papa Smurf enters humming blissfully, winking at her in passing.

"Aw... " She sighs, closing the door then smiling to herself.

I hope he has fun... and doesn't drive others crazy...

Hmm... I wonder what Finnius will think of another blue man?

As she giggles she attracts Katzaniel's frown, and apologizes quickly. "Sorry Katz... it wasn't about you, truly... I was just wondering about Finnius... and... " she nods at Nave, and Katzaniel frown turns into an amused smile also.

"Yup... "

"Do you want something, Katz? I'm going over to the bar... I'm a little bit worried about Mynx, she sure is a perfect cheerleader... "

Too perfect... should she be drinking that stuff?

Edited by Tanuchan

30 minutes later, he's spinning a techno remix of Y.M.C.A for the bar patrons* 

The Candidate sees the people doing the dance, and joins in.

His entourage does not, but his handler does make a feeble attempt.

Afterwards, he goes over to shake Papa Smurfs hand, two leaders of the free world.

Afterwards, he goes over to shake Papa Smurfs hand, two leaders of the free world.

"Smurf to meet you my good fellow."

Nave snatches a look at Tanny.

"What can I say? I like the Papa Smurf's smurfy ways." a wry smile escapes his lips.

A strange glowing triangle shaped patter suddenly appears on Papa Smurf's forehead.

"Papa Smurf is EEEEEEEvil! Papa Smurf MUST DIE!"

With that two short bolts of light fly at the elder smurf's head from a dark spot in the rafters. Screams of fear and surpize echo throughout the room as Papa Smurf stands his ground and laughs. The bolts of light explode harmlessly in the air scant inches from the blue giant's nose to the evil sounding laughter from the corner, where the shadow seems to coalesce into a vaguely man-shaped form. A HUGE man-shaped form. The outline of a Predator cloaked in darkness detaches itself from the shadows of the rafters and drops down in the midst of the dance floor, colors and shadows seeming to twist and ripple where it passes. Then, and vaguely familiar putrid smell that has been nagging at the edge of consciousness comes to the forefront of thought, instantly recognizable to those who have smelled it before.

"HEY! Stinky's back! How smurfy!"

"Heya Nave! Tanny. Everyone else. Like my costume? had a "friend" work up this holographic image projector for me. It's way kewl!"

With that the shadowy form wanders over to the refreshment table and sets to.

A great evil falls upon the party...

Mynx, now effectively drunk and unable to find Umbra amongst the shadows, looks around the room for anyone willing to dance with her, as the Cheerleader mind fully takes hold.

Deciding to try and attract any hopefuls (well, that's what she appears to be doing), the feline Cheerleader hops onto a table.

Shaking her pom poms out in her paws, she begins to sing and dance in that well known Cheerleader manner...

I'm sexy! I'm cute! I'm popular to boot!

I'm bitchin'! Great hair! The boys all love to stare!

I'm wanted! I'm hot! I'm everything you're not!

I'm pretty! I'm cool! I dominate the school!

Who am I? Just guess! Guys wanna touch my chest!

Still singing the song as she shakes her tail to all who are keen to watch, Mynx glances down to find a full bottle of Tequila on the table at her paws. Barely breaking stride in her chant, she sweeps it up with her tail and swigs from it as she continues to shake her feline a$$...

[OOC: Oh dear...who gave the Cheerleader Tequila?]

Edited by Mynx

Cryptomancer moves gracfully to the table that Mynx is dancing on. Watching intently he grins a mischievious grin, and in a single fluid jump lands on the table beside the young feline. As a simple continuation of the move he takes her paw, twirls her, dips her and kisses her cheek. "Off the table sweetness, there is a floor for dancing!" With that and a second twirl, ending in the gracful sweeping of Mynx into his arms, Cryptomancer jumps down, sets the young Feline on her paws, and sends her twirling across the dance floor.

:raven:

The shadowy form of Umbra-Gryphon hisses with concern upon hearing the start of the cheerleader chant coming from Mynx.

Rapidly he dissolves into a shadowy mist the glowing eyes becoming two brilliant electric blue fireflies orbiting him and flows rapidly towards the disturbance just as Cryptomancer removes Mynx from the table and spins her onto the dance floor.

The mist flows up and over her form briefly before disolving leaving nothing but a feather on the ground...

Moments later the mist reforms to take Umbra's shape and the fireflys become his eyes again. He catches Mynx the cheerleader in mid twirl and steadys her.

"May I have this dance?" he asks with a bow.

Edited by Gryphon

A small crowd gathers around The Candidate when he calls out:

"If elected, I promise gas at a quarter a gallon.

"That's right, less then .25 cents a gallon for gasoline.

"How would I do it?

"I have a grand plan.

"Move the decimal place over.

"On everything.

"At a precise date, the decimal point will be moved over for everything in america.

"You will be able to buy a median priced house, for less than $30,000.

"You will be able to get into the movies, for less than a dollar.

"Penny candy will come back.

"And there are those that say 'hey, what about my wages?'

"Well, look at the bright side, you can tell you kids 'when I was a kid, my first job payed less than a dollar an hour.

"Blues songs will have meaning again.

"'worked all day, hardly made a dollar.'

"It will be good for America, it will be good for you.

"Support me in my bid to become your President.

"I thank you and God Bless.

A small pause in the noise and festivities anounces the arrival of one Finnius etc. etc. O'Harpy to the Mighty Pen's Hallowe'en Party at Custos Manor. As the assorted eyes of the party-goers turn to the now-open doors, a chilly gust of autumn wind blows the long black cloak wrapped around the little blue man's form forward, like great polyester bat wings.

There is silence for a moment, and another gust of wind shoves the hood of the cloak back, revealing the white mask that covers the top half of his face, twin streaks of red running out of the eyeholes.

The wind strikes a harsh chord in the trees, a disonant and minor cacophany, and then a final gust slams the doors shut... directly on Finnius' cloak. The little blue man sighs heavily and turns to go about the business of unsticking his impressively swirly cloak from the tyranny of Salinye's front door.

"Knew I shoulda just worn the Canid costume again..."

Celes cannot help herself but to laugh when she saws the Papa Smurf. She decided to spice up the ball and cast a subtle summon spell. Soon, little sylphes, desguised as little flying pumpkins, made their way over their summoner.

- Little Sylphs, it's time to trick or treat so go see everyone and tickle them until you have their full attention. Once they do so, give them a nice lollipop of your own.

- Could it be of any flavor? asks one of the magical creatures

- Yes. And tell them something like this: "Now that you've been tricked, here's your treat."

The little sylphs nods and quickly flies and seeks for any guest to trick and treat.

"Heheheahahah... stop, you little annoying things!"

Tanny playfully bats away at the floating pumpkins, laughing. "Okay, okay... I give up...."

She produces small chocolate candies wrapped in shiny, multi-colored foil, handing them to the little sylphs, and is delighted as she receives a lollipop.

"Thanks, your little mischievous things... now, you see over there those catlings? The cheerleader and the caveman? And also that ... ehm... smelly little guy over there? I'm not sure you can get their attention... maybe it will be too hard for you... " She winks, grinning.

The sylphs giggle and, after a quick talk among themselves, speed after their new challenges.

Hehe... it will be fun... and this lollipop is *good*!

Edited by Tanuchan

Caught up between dancing first with Cryptomancer and then with Umbra, at first the drunk cheerleader-Mynx doesn't notice the floating pumkins.

When she sees one out of the corner of her eye, it gains her full attention in the way that kittens and drunk cheerleaders devote to anything 'cute'...

With a squeal of delight, the pompom wielding feline begins to chase after what she was proclaiming loudly to anyone who would listen to be "pretty!"

The tigertaur rolls on the floor, wildly flailing limbs in all directions. Her sip of the spiked punch had proven disastrous, and she was still trying to figure out what it had done to her throat when suddenly something touched the ultra-sensitive pads of her feet. Rolling and ducking and trying to make her feet inaccessable was a collosal failure, and Katz laughed and giggled without even seeing what was tickling her.

Suddenly the tigertaur shifted to a massive lion. With a powerful roar and a shake of the mane that scattered several of the magical creatures across the room, Katzaniel bounded out the door that Finnius had just pried open and up the tallest tree. Then, keeping her feet as high in the branches as possible, she used her vantage point to claw at the evil tickling things.

To the surprise of both Leif and Yan Yan, the supposedly fallen dryads tremble slightly, then suddenly are flying again - avoiding them and setting their attention on other, more amenable guests.

Tanny, meanwhile, giggles softly and pick a glass of wine, sipping at it while going back to the door.

There are more people coming... better take care not to... oops...

She artfully avoids crashing into Myns, still after the glowing dryads, and grabs her arm to stop her.

"Hey, Mynx!"

"Mmmm....?"

Mynx turns to Tanny, and smiles happily as she grabs the glass of wine.

"Oh, thanks, Tanny... you're soooo nice!"

"No, I mean... Mynx, you've already drank...."

Celes laughs when she sees the guess reaction to her pumpkins, then walks over Tanny and Mynx.

- So, are you enjoying these little creatures.

Mynx answers enthusiatically.

- These are so adorable. They are fun to play with.

Tanny smiles

- It's really fun to see how some guests react to these.

- I thought the same, Celes adds.

The three keep chatting idly while the pumpkins continue their mischieves.