The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen, Second Writing Exchange Project

The second, Pen is Mightier than the Sword, Writing exchange program.

27/9/2004

The ring has been formed. Please contact me as soon as possible if you wish to change anything :)

THE RING HAS BEEN FORMED! Due date: 1st November

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

..........Tanuchan ...... Orlan

...........Gwai............ Katzaniel

......Wrenwind .............. Alaeha

.....cryptomancer ...... Peredhil

........Wyvern ......... Vanessa

...........Valdar .... Gyrfalcon

As per the First Writing Exchange. . .

1) Writing Type-Any. You may write a story about a person, with a person, even AS a person. It may not have to be a story, it could be a poem, or freestyle, even. This project is due to run for weeks, if not months. The aim here is to capture the essence of your victi. . .er, subject as closeley as possible. You may, and in fact, are encouraged to speak with your subjects, to clarify details and the like.

2) Organization-Circular closed. The idea behind this, is not to have a free-for-all orgy of stories flying twenty ways at once, with 40 people writing about a single person, 15 on another, and one left all alone.

I propose, instead, to do it as so:

.........A-->B

......../........\

.......F.........C

........\......../

.........E<--D

Where one person gets to write about one other person, who will write about one other person and so on, until the first person is written about.

3) The e-mail adress for participants to email their interests to is valdarsh@hotmail.com.

You may choose who you wish to write about, but for the sake of ease of formability, please make this list as flexible as possible. We will try to the best of our abilities to accomadate everyone. If anything arises, we will e-mail you directly.

4) The ring will be formed, on the 23rd of September. The submission date will be 23rd October, so you will have one month to stir up something.

5) Please keep your entries to yourself until the submission date so that we wont have entries dripping all over the caberet room. . .poor Waterlily will have to clean them up, and cleaning makes it slury. Slury hentai plants aren't good, are they?

6) PLEASE NOTE!! If you have previously participated in the Writing Exchange Program but have not submitted your piece, you may not participate in this one. If you complete your piece from last year before the sign up ends, you may re-participate, otherwise need to wait a year. Sorry :(

Edited by Valdar and Astralis

How about if we completed one but it wasn't any good? :unsure:

* signs up with high hopes of doing better this time *

Pair me up with anyone but Peredhil, he's too hard to get along with. :P No, seriously, I'll write about anybody this time round. (Has it really only been a year? I know so many more people now!!) Do we have to email you as well?

How about if we completed one but it wasn't any good? :unsure:

* signs up with high hopes of doing better this time *

Pair me up with anyone but Peredhil, he's too hard to get along with. :P No, seriously, I'll write about anybody this time round. (Has it really only been a year? I know so many more people now!!) Do we have to email you as well?

Katz-yes, please do email me :) It's easier to track.

Wyvern enters into the Cabaret Room and immediately wanders up to Valdar's new Writing Exchange Program sign-up sheet, pausing for a moment upon arrival and warily glancing left and right. The reptilian Elder hisses to himself sinisterly when he notices that noone is nearby, and begins stealing letters from the names of other people on the list in the hopes of forming his own name without wasting any geld on ink. He has begun to dislodge the 'W' from "Wrenwind" and starts aiming his other hand towards Vanessa's 'V' when the distinct sound of deliberate coughing rings from a distant-yet-nearby Astral plane. The overgrown lizard quickly thinks better of tampering with peoples names, and grumbles to himself as he hesitantly pulls a quill out of his pocket...

;-)

OOC: You can count me in. ^_^

Gyrfalcon smirks in amusement as Wyvern's scheming is foiled once more - which was just as well, as the required 'y' for the greedy lizard's name would have come from Gyrfalcon's own.

With a smile, he produced a quill of his own and wrote his name neatly below Wyvern's before tucking the quill back into his Bag of Holding before turning to Wyvern with a grin. "Just remember for this time around, you're not supposed to try to charge people for reading your portions of the Writing Exchange, no matter how numerious or well-written they were.

"But Gyr," Wyvern said plantively. "It was a great three for one deal! And for a low, low price to boot!"

"Tough luck, Wyv." the half-elf said unsympathetically, though he smiled at the lizard. "It sort of goes against the idea of the Pen."

Wyvern muttered something under his breath, along the lines of how the idea of the Pen shouldn't interfere with his schemes.

"What was that?" Gyrfalcon asked mildly.

"Oh, I fully agree with you Gyr!" Wyvern said quickly, despite the guilty look flashing across his scaly face.

Gyrfalcon chuckled as he walked away. "Silly Wyvern."

In the course of the busy day, Yui wanders by Valdar's notice and peers at it with interest... until she reaches the part about having to have completed last year's piece in order to participate. At that point, a blush slowly creeping up her cheeks, she reaches back and draws the cowl of her cloak over her head and turns to wander off, mumbling something about tigertaurs and work queues that are getting more than a year long.

:yuiredface:

I never finished the last one. Sorry. :(

Slackerish,

~Yui

• 4 weeks later...