The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Auction for The Faithstone of the Zealot

Salinye

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Step right up and place your bids for this FANTABULOUS unique and rare magical item. Bidding will close this Wednesday, August 11th at 7PM (PST).

If you have any questions, please refer to the Rare Items Auction Info thread found here. :0)

Do I hear 10 geld????

Faithstone of the Zealot

On this rock, I lay my faith

The Faithstone is a small red pebble worn smooth by the ages. Two millenia ago, the stone was held by Zaaskul the faithful as he was tortured in the Tower of Nine sins by the Traitor Dia before his downfall. His torment lasted nearly ten years, and the blood of Zaaskul stained the pebble to the color it is today. Whatever secrets Dia wished of Zaasktul, the Saint took to the grave. the Traitor was overthrown two years later, and whatever secrets he kept now reside in the eternal ice.

The Faithstone was found held by a deathgrip on Zaaskul's corpse, and passed down the generations of high priests in an order that bore his name. He who holds the cool pebble finds within inner strength, and the power to resist incapitating pain from the zealous chanting voice within. Previous owners have included crusading kings of holy wars, wading in gore and ignoring their own wounds. Owners beware.

Merelas stepped into the auction room and took his seat just before an enormous cascade of sound washed over the room. "HEAR YE, HEAR YE!" the auctioneer declared, and then continued with his quest for a bid.

In the tradition of fire-elves, Merelas sent a jet of flame into the air that one of the searchers took as a bid (which it was).

"YEP!" He screamed, and the auctioneer burred through another speech, calling for the next bid.

Katzaniel points her spear menacingly at the other two bidders, with a smile that is halfway between comforting and wicked.

"Fifty." The word hangs in the air for a split second before the auctioneer begins petitioning for an even higher amount. Katzaniel stands tall, playing with her tooth necklace meaningfully.

"I have 60. Did I hear 65? Someone, 65?"

A black wolf sits at the back of the auction tent, thinking about the amulet and trying to decide on a bid.

"YAP!"

"Oh, beautiful wolf, are you bidding then 65?"

Tanny looks angrily at the mage who had stepped on her tail in such an ungentle way, growling sullenly. The mate just smiles, patting her head absent-mindely before walking away, "Oh, sorry pretty doggie..."

Sighing, she looks at the auctioneer and yaps confirming her bid, neatly tucking her tail under her left leg.

*I must remember not to attend auctions in forms with tails ... *

As Finnius eyes the two morphological Pennites silently, an eyebrow raises across his little blue forehead. His ears prick up and he catches Sal's eye long enough to hold up one index finger and tap the side of his nose twice.

Salinye's eyes go wide for a moment and she raises both eyebrows in questioning. The little blue man nods once, then leans back against the wall. Sal blinks for a moment before calling out like a pro.

"I have one hundred geld, I repeat, the bidding is now at one hundred geld!"