The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Gryphons Haiku Shack

Gryphon

Just up the row of stalls from Mr Bunny's Carrot Stand and Happy Haiku Hut another stall begins to form out of thin air...

Some of the unoccupied stalls on either side of it come to life and hop out of the way to make a bit of room as a small run-down tent appears in the gap formed by their departure.

A sign appears over the entrance to the tent: Gryphons Haiku Shack!

earns five geld for participation

In finer print just to the side of the entrance is the following:

This is not a place of competition haikus or anything such as Mr Bunny's I just wanted to create a place of rememberance - a shrine if you will to my first carnival at The Mighty Pen. The way it's supposed to work is as follows -

It is said that a master of haiku can capture an instant in the words of a haiku so that the reader can feel as if they were there experiencing the moment themselves.

I dont ask that everyone become haiku masters, all I ask is that you step inside the tent help yourself to a piece of paper and try your hand at haiku'ing a moment of the carnival that meant something to you or amused you or just plain caught your eye.

After the carnival is over and long gone I'd like members of the Pen, guests and other visitors to be able to stop by and relive part of the fun in a nutshell.

For this reason there is no charge to this booth. Please step inside, jot down some words and leave a moment of time preserved forever inside when you exit again.
Edited by Gryphon

Note one last thing - while I realise that haiku has a certain established form and metre it is the feeling of the moment that I count as important so feel free to use a varient of the traditional haiku form to capture your moment perfectly

Here's my first one, just to get the ball rolling:

Wyvern suspended

A ball flies straight and true

Splash!

Raven in treacle

Then joined by the Death of Rats

Both stuck in a box

Not very good, I know, but I've been awake for 40 hours now so give me some credit :P

Edited by Mynx

Raven with katana, enters, and bows, "greetings good Gryphon"

The Raven produces a small quill that he releaces to dance upon the air, imprinting the words for all to see.

Bone held tooth knawing

stool and cloak face smiling

retribution swift

(grins and bows, and out he goes)

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

• 4 weeks later...