The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Mynx, Cryptomancer and Gryphon

Salinye

Salinye sits in the assembly hall looking at the three honored guests as they talked quietly hunched together, assumedly, working out the details of their storyline. The wizardess had seen them here before, but noticed that they kept mostly to themselves. Standing, she decided to take this opportunity to introduce herself and find out a little bit about them. Approaching them, she smiled and spoke softly as not to startle them.

"I'm sorry for intruding, but I've seen you around Pen Castle lately, and wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to The Pen. My name is Salinye." She waited for them to reply.

Greetings Salinye, it is indeed good to know that one is welcome hereabout, it's been a long while since I had time, inclination or invitation to write, we shall see what I remember, and no doubt, what I have forgotten.

Rest assured you'll see me around, we shall see as time goes on - perhaps it shall be that for a while I will make The Pen my home.

*Mynx slides up and wraps an arm around Gryphon's waist, smiling slightly*

Thank you, Salinya. Like Gryphon here said, it is nice to feel welcome.

I have seen you around before, the Hunt, wasn't it? I worked under a different name then, but I recognise you.

Hope you enjoy the words we weave, if you wish to enter the forum, please don't hesitate to ask me

*bows head*

My Lady,

I thank you for the notice you give to such a humble traveler upon the waves of this realm.

It is a new task that brings me to a unfamiliar and yet truely wonderous place.

Story telling is not a style that i am gifted in , yet we try to walk in the magic of words, and the tale tells our path, as our path tells our tale.

Happily would this humble traveler tell of his journey to those who wish to hear.

I have many names, although i acknowledge few, to my friends i am "The Raven."

To myself i am "the Cryptomancer." I have been called a "devil of the silver tongue" by those who hear my rambling thoughts.

Words weave the fabric of my life, and the gift i seem to have is in need of sharing.

My Lady, should you wish to know more, please but ask, and i shall reveal what i can.

again my thanks i give for the welcome we have been granted.

The wizardess shifts her gaze from one to the other as they speak in turn. Her shoulders relax slightly as it becomes clear that her interruption was not considered an intrusion. "Well, you have come at a good time. I'm sure you've noticed the summer solstice carnival. Please, make yourself at home, enjoy the festivities, and thank you for sharing your tales with us. I hope to get to know you each much better. If you should have need of anything, please don't hesitate to find me or any other member of The Pen. We don't bite..." Here she paused to consider her statement, after a moment she added, "...usually."

OOC:

Mynx! I wondered if you were Reaper mynx from The Hunt. We're still hoping to get that story going again! I haven't had time to read your tale yet, but I plan to when I return home this evening!

If any of you have not explored The Pen thoroughly, be sure to check out the codex and faqs. They answer a lot of questions. Also, for info on the Carnival, click here. :0) You are all welcome to participate in any way you wish! :0)

~Salinye :fairy:

Peredhil strolls by, followed by his Giant Guinea Pig Bodyguards, Guido and Nuncio.

Hello and welcome! I've read your thread and it's a good start indeed. Your muse is loose, characters live and breathe.

I look forward to more. And don't forget to fill out your profiles!

Hugs all and sundry, and strolls on.

*steps in between the Cryptomancer and Gryphon, smiling*

yes Salinye, i am Reaper Mynx. i hope you did not find my leaving the hunt too rude. it is just how i work, i dislike large crouds and prefer to value more those who i hold close.

*smiles at her two friends*

but i am always willing to widen my circle.

and thank you for your welcome, Peredhil. it is always nice to feel at home in a new place.

keep reading the story.

we are all looking forward to seeing where it takes us...

To Salinye: "Thank you again for your welcome wizardess of the bright court, if it is the will of all that we should join in and be part of the festivities then indeed we shall."

To Peredhil: Thank thee also for thy welcome sir.

OOC:

Guido and Nuncio? Linked in any way to the characters from M.Y.T.H? The ex-mob enforcers I wonder :)

*Mynx slides up and wraps an arm around Gryphon's waist, smiling slightly*

Thank you, Salinya. Like Gryphon here said, it is nice to feel welcome.

I have seen you around before, the Hunt, wasn't it? I worked under a different name then, but I recognise you.

Hope you enjoy the words we weave, if you wish to enter the forum, please don't hesitate to ask me

*bows head*

Note: The Hunt just sorta got moving again.

Welcome to the Pen-- Mynx, Cryptomancer, and Gryphon!

My name is Zariah, Lady of the Crows. I was essentially raised by crows so I do speak many languages of crow....very handy for my trips into the forest. I have my head stuck in a book most of the time, so excuse my clumsiness if I bump into you! Anyways-- feel free to RP with me, especially in the Carnival! (Just tell me a little about your characters beforehand). Take care!!!!!!