The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A New Poet

Gwaihir

Gwaihir sat peacefully in his chair, looking out the window. He was practicing his concentration. When he concentrated firmly enough then he really could watch the flowers grow...because he was making them grow, but that was very tiring. And you had to do it carefully or it gave the flowers the worst cramps the next day. That made him feel bad.

Someone got in his way, he couldn't see the flower...that someone grew, because that someone blocked the flower's growth.

Gwaihir blinked and cleared his mind.

The Someone was Alaeha and actually, and she'd really been growing on her own. No need for plant growth to make that one impressive and he didn't mean her looks either, though those were worse paying attention to too....concentrate, that's decisively off topic...Was thinking about Alaeha's growth, there was somethign that was supposed to be done about that...about 6 days ago...AHHH!! Quickly Gwaihir began scribbling

A bit later he walked into the Cabaret room with a banner. "Alaeha grows poets like a plant grows flowers." Not very many people understood it and Ozymandias blinked and noticed Gwaihir made the most terrible annoucements. He decided that was why he'd not planned to let Gwaihir do them.

OOC: Contratulations to Alaeha, our newest poet.

Congrats, Alaeha!

No one deserves this title,

Any more than you.

In any case, it's about gol-durned time! Almost makes me want to try one of these Questy-type things myself. Almost. :P

And for the lady of the hour: :flower:

Alaeha reached the cabaret room later than she had hoped, having been busy for various reasons for most of the day, and was confused when she saw a banner in Gwaihir's distinctive style proclaiming, "Alaeha grows poets like a plant grows flowers."

"Wait, what?" She looked down at her arm for a moment, half-expecting to see a poet pop out of her elbow, "What's that..." She was cut off before she could finish the thought by an enormous pounce-ing huggle from Ayshela.

When she could disentangle herself, she asked "What's that about?"

"Hmm?" Ayshela looked at her for a moment. "Oh. I guess you wouldn't know from the banner. I asked Ozymandias about it. You got promoted."

"Oh!"

Slipping into her courtier's mannerisms, Alaeha hid her surprise, but not her delight, as she accepted her congratulations and Finnius' flower.

In an OOC style: Thank you all! Don't really have much more to say, except for one thing: "BWAHAHAHAHA! You can't get rid of me now!" ;P