The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hark a Herald comes

Gwaihir

Up in a writing room in a very cold and drafty part of the tower, Gwaihir was trying to focus at a little writing desk. He chewed on his feather pen as he thought...well he was chewing until he got distracted and started sucking on it. Suddenly Gwaihir was spitting ink all over the room. The stuff tasted absolutely awful! He grabbed the ink pot and his paper and ran quickly to a fountain to wash out his mouth.

*thump* In his hurry, he'd run right into somebody, namely Aardvark. *splash*

Yet another person was covered in ink. He looked extremely indignant, but the elf didn't even notice and rushed off with a muttered apology "Sorry, but I Must finish this and put it up before Aardvark comes around here.

"Well there doesn't seem to be a great deal of time for that." said Deg as he came around the corner.

Gwaihir scratched his head with the tip of his pen. "Oh oh! Well I really must brush my teeth and get this horrible ink taste out of my mouth and I fear my teeth are stained quite black. So, um, would you just post this in a public room where everyone will see it?" he said and handed the ink stained paper to the nearest person--Aardvark. Deg shrugged and Aardvark shook a bit of the excess ink spill off himself and then opened up the note.

'Quite a while ago Aardvark started a project which he intended to become his Quill Quest, but he never considered it completed enough for his tastes and he never submitted to be considered as such. However, it has come to the attention of (Ink blot), wise persons, (so of course not me) that Colonies highly deserves to be considered a QQ.

Clearly, (here such a mess of ink had spilled that nothing was visible until the bottom)

So Welcome to our newest Herald!'

OOC: It's high time you're a Herald, Aardvark and I always enjoy your stories.

Wow.

Hearald.

Cool.

I'm a man of few words, but I must know, what do I do as a hearald, aside from stand around, looking hearaldly, dead sexy, important and/or all of the above?

Also, for all those who are interested, mankind's hope for the continuation of life was dashed when an unexpected universal cataclysm, known only as the great server reset, wiped the slate clean, leaving a blank sheet of nothing, fresh and ready for a big bang

And I couldn't complete the final chapter. I have to give the authors of the old testament credit. It's rather difficult to write in the style of the days of yore, when men were men, women were subserviant and God was vengeful, especially when you're writing of the future.

ntraveler - Promotions after Quillbearer always receive their own posts. Those who get them put a lot of work into it, so they really do deserve having a thread just for that.

There'll probably be other promotions later, when the elders or loremaster/deputy get a chance. (I may be wrong, though. I have my anti-tomato barrier up just in case :P)

Aardvark - Congratulations! You deserve it. *Hugs*

woohoo!!!! YAYS for Aardvark!!

Herald, eh? so i suppose you'll be needing your outfit, a horn, and.. hmm... *begins rummaging in trunks as odd things go flying every which way*

;)

Congratulations!!