The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello all! For those of us in Canada, today's Thanksgiving!

So, for everyone out of school, hope you're having fun. :) For everyone working - enjoy the Stat Pay. ;) For everyone who doesn't normally do anything on mondays anyways.... well, happy holidays. :P

I hope that everyone has/had a great day and weekend, with family, friends and (hopefully if you're like me) lots of great food.

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Justin

PS - we don't have a turkey Smilie. :( *gobble, gobble* :lol:

Edited by Justin Silverblade

OHHHHHH I LOVE Thanksgiving! I wish I had known! I'd celebrate it as many times a year as I could get away with!!

Well, we are indeed thankful for our Canadian neighbors!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!!

*gobble gobble*

~Salinye :butterfly:

PS - we don't have a turkey Smilie. :( *gobble, gobble* :lol:

that's probably because turkeys are not happy being slaughtered and roasted into tender moisturizing juicy flavour.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful tradition in memory of the time the Europeans comes to America not being prepared for the cold harsh winter... and then the friendly natives rescued them by providing them food. In return the europeans took their land, spread disease around and finally confined their decendends into reserves and slowly whitewashing them...

Yes happy thanksgiving indeed.

It still provides us with the opportunity to appreciate what exactly we all have to be thankfull for. I too enjoy Thanksgiving for the quieter holiday that it is. Wishing all of you a peaceful day, the love of your family and the grace of god.

Yup.

I'm grateful that despite being ill-prepared, despite having genetically more vicious germs than the isolate gene pool of "Native Americans"(although it's looking as if they were immigrants too, just much earlier), I'm grateful that despite all that, the Amerindians opened their hearts and larders in a wonderful display of giving. Giving which really had no thought of return, or foreknowledge of what might happen.

I'm not going to let the fact they got sick detract from this shining moment I cherish, for that would cheapen their gift, and imply that the settlers knew what would happen.

I'm not going to let the fact that the settlers were ill-prepared detract from this life-giving gift, for they had absolutely no frame of reference by which to judge and prepare for the situation, nor the resources to have bought the materials anyway, yet they left security and the known and had the courage to change their lives and chance the unknown.

I'm not going to get into the lives or wars of the settlers, nor the Amerindians, nor any of the others of that time, for they were all human beings, and therefore if we look we can find murderers, adulterers, thieves, and all the other problems of a society. If we look.

But if we choose to rise above fingerpointing at what exists everywhere humans gather, in any time of any society of the world -

Then we can celebrate people rising about the pettiness, we can celebrate unselfness, we can celebrate giving.

I don't have to deny the frailities of being human to celebrate life. I embrace humanity, knowing what it is, and find triumph everytime someone ignores perfectly natural selfishness to help someone else.

I am grateful for Thanksgiving.

Stuffing should not have nuts in it.

When I cook a thanksgiving dinner some day... I will not put nuts in the stuffing.

.... and isn't the rubber chicken close enough to a turkey?:rubberchicken:

Oh... and a belated happy thanksgiving to all who celebrated it yesterday. :)

We had pheasant...

...it tasted like bird. Yummy, yummy bird. :D

Edited by Canid