Hypocracy denounced itself

In a body newly possesed

And now the war was fought

And the stagnation reset

Does it matter that it won't work

That it must again change

That nothing is completed

because they go to far again

*changed 12 line "That nothing completes" to "That nothing is completed" on Wyv's suggestion, thanks Wyvern!*

Edited by Nyyark

A very good, strongly-themed poem, Nyyark... I particularly liked the lines "And now the war was fought/ And the stagnation reset," and can certainly relate to the underlying message of the work. I also liked the reference of "Eyes" always looking "to the sky" as it seems to suggest elements of 9/11, which America has yet to recover from even after "Years have passed like days..."

One part of the poem which you may want to improve on is the third line of the final stanza, which seems to be a bit off in terms of syllabel structure and doesn't flow quite as well as the rest of the piece. Perhaps "That nothing is completed" would work better...?

Well done. :)

I was trying to come up with something intelligent to say in response but Im not good at saying smart things so ill just say I liked it. :)

The first section is really powerful and I think it sums up how alot of people feel about recent situations.

I wish you would write more. I really enjoy them when you post them.

Good work this. I especially like the ending

that nothing is completed

because they go to far again

How often did that happen already in history I ask...

.. yup, very nice work ^_^

Edited by Appy

Ny ny....well let's see.

I like certain aspects of your poem, particularly your choice of words in the third stanza.

Are you aware that the first stanza has a rhyming sequence to it? And then there is none in the second and third? Also, my idea would be to add punctuation for a deeper effect on the reader.

I am glad you are writing again. Keep submitting poems and stories!

~crowgirl