I will not give in

Doubting me is a self defeating sin

Honest people are in short supply

I must do whats right and don't think twice

Stand up for truth

fear is no excuse

And in the end, I can look back and say,every chance I was given

I did what at least seemed right, and that's what I believe in

Well that will make my application complete, I hope. I have tried to write something amazing for you in this room, for so long...Yet the pressure ate my creativity alive. SO, I just went for this one...I hope this sufices your requirements and careful eye.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by Tattered

Cheers

You've made it here! Melba, the Almost Secretary of the Pen, has some of the latest copies of magazines, "Life's a Witch", "How to Nag from actual Mother-in-laws", and some of her other favorites.

Now that you're here, it should be less than a month before we find where Elder Wyvern is hiding and force him to-

Erm, I mean, it shouldn't be long before the Elder of Recruiting drops by his place of work.

Tattered frowns and sighs when he hears that the reptilian Elder of Initiates' absences are measured in months, leaning back in his applicant easychair and grumbling to himself as he grabs the nearest issue of "Life's a Witch" and begins flipping through it. The eager applicant is about to skim over an article on "101 Ways to Use a Broomstick" when suddenly, a scampering sound is heard in the hall outside of the Office and Wyvern comes barging into the room at full speed. Clenching a pamphlet in his right claw and panting for breath, the overgrown lizard turns towards Tattered, Melba, and Peredhil and exclaims:

"There's been a horrible mistake! It says on this pamphlet that it'll often take me around a month to get to application responses! Anybody who truly knows me and my sense of responsibility should know better... a month?! Don't be ridiculous... it should read a YEAR!"

With that, the overgrown lizard lets out a gale of evil laughter and turns to race out of the Office, only to find the exit door blocked off by the menacing form of Melba. Cursing to himself and slowly backing away from the Almost Secretary of Initiates, the lizard cringes as she opens the latest issue of "How to Nag From actual Mother-in-Laws" and exclaims:

"Why haven't you responded to Tattered's application? What's more, why haven't you cleaned your desk?! The least you could do is seperate the mudslide of paperwork into 'business' and 'personal' sections..."

"Argh!!!" cries Wyvern, clutching his ears in pain as Melba continues. "Not paperwork...! Make it stop!"

"Honestly, there are times when I wonder how you were raised as a hatchling..." continues Melba, shaking a finger at the overgrown lizard as she reads from the magazine with glee. "Now get to responding to applications, before we think of some way to limit your supply of booze as a punishment..."

Wyvern continues steadily backing away from Melba as she speaks, and ends up bumping into Peredhil in the process. Turning towards the polite ancient with a frenzied look of anxiety in his eyes, Wyvern hisses:

"Peredhil! Help me!"

The Ancient Bard crosses his arms over his chest and politely responds:

"The solution is quite simple, Wyvern... all you need to do is respond to Tattered's application poem, and Melba will immediatly stop her nagging."

A disappointed look makes it's way onto Melba's face as Wyvern is suddenly overcome with relief. Turning towards Tattered and swiftly bowing to the honoured applicant, the reptilian Elder immediatly sets about looking over his application. Having finished this, the lizard grins and hisses:

"Great poem... ssssssay, the first two lines of this piece would work excellently for a soothing medecine commercial..."

Melba holds her magazine high in the air before Wyvern can continue, however, and the lizard immediatly stamps Tattered's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: On a more serious note, a good application poem Tattered... certainly ACCEPTED! :) Welcome to the Mighty Pen, I hope you'll enjoy writing with us and look forward to reading more of your pieces. My apologies for the wait... once again, welcome!

:D Thank you, all of you, I am most honored :P This poem was not my best. However, I will continue to thouroughly enjoy myself here.

I am enthralled that it only took, well less than a month or year to be accepted. *Yay!* ....special thanks to Peredhil, I am sure. Thanks, thank you, thanx. Thanks for the support Ayshela, your a sweetheart. And of course last, but certainly not least Wyvern, I love your stories and humor and everything you write basically. I read other applicants acceptance, just to see what pictures you paint in my head. Those whimsical and mysterious images stay in my head all week. Thanks!