The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Anti-Scantavia Brothers Campaigns

Wyvern

OOC - A note before starting: the very beginning of this thread can be found in Lady Celes Crusador's post in the Madame Quixotic thread, started by Salinye. :-)

This was posted by request in the Conservatory. Everyone who feels like participating should feel free to do so... ;-)

Wyvern slowly turns from the doors of Celes Crusador's sleeping quarters, still blushing profusely through his crimson scales and unable to move his tail due to his nervous excitement. The lizard's embarrasment is quickly replaced with a confidant grin, however, as he begins to contemplate exactly what kind of scream he had heard given the context of the situation he had caught a glimpse of... Quickly whipping out a sheet of paper and scribbling a name onto it before safely tucking it back into his profile, the overgrown lizard grins further at the added bonus of having caught Celes in a skimpy nightgown...

Wyvern whistles to himself happily as he strolls back to the Pen's Cabaret Room, noting that Celes Crusador hadn't specified what her side of the bargain would be. After all, if Wyv was to get rid of the Scantavia Brothers for her, then she should give him something in return. Not that the lizard needed any particular material motivation for his mission (he already felt a profound hatred for the two playboy acrobats), but it was certainly a potential added bonus!

Turning a corner and walking into the Cabaret Room, Wyvern passes by the Elder of Bards, Orlan... The two Elders exchange knowing glances, having both seen the horrors that Madame Quixotic is capable of... Wyvern then rapidly wanders up to the sexy sexy man and whispers:

"Pssst... hey Orlan, pass the word around... the male population of the Pen will gather in the Courtyard by that little bush where detective I. M. Clueless always seems to try to hide. We've got to discuss what we're going to do about these lady-hogging Scantavia Brothers..."

Orlan nods to this and Wyvern continues spreading the word, hissing his meeting place to each male member he passes... Occasionally, female members cast suspicious glances towards him, at which point Wyvern tosses on an "I Love the Scantavia Brothers!" T-shirt. Unfortunatly, this only causes the ladies to become more suspicious, probably because of the "Die Scantavia Brothers Die!" exclamation scrawled on the back of the shirt in large neon letters...

By the time the sun begins rising on the Pen's horizon, a number of people have gathered in the Courtyard by the bush where Inspector I. M. Clueless always tries to hide. Wyvern gesticulates wildly as he preaches to the crowd in a low hiss:

"These Scantavia Brothers have got to go...! They're dominating the attention of every lady in the Pen to the extent that we're being ignored...! I'm going to be executing a few schemes to get rid of these buffoons once and for all, who's with me...?!"

The other members that have gathered exchange uncertain glances with one another and slowly begin to back away, recalling how hazardous Wyvern's plots usually are...

Little do Wyvern or the others know that a few fans of the Scantivia Brothers are spying on them...

Snake strolls into the Courtyard, puffing with the effort as he was late. He heard some scampering as he reached the others.

"hey i hope you guys aren't discussing anything that matters, cos i heard some people running away in the bushe earlier on!" exclaimed Snake.

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Can't you speak a little softer, boy? It's no wonder tthat you're still an Initiate!" bellowed Wyvern.

THe others who were looking worried at Wyvern's plan were slowly drifting back into the discussion, looking very interested now.

"Okay, so tell me, what have you been discussing?" asked Snake.

"As I was saying, those Scantivia Brothers are monopolizing the women in this organization. We have gotta get rid of them, as soon as possible. And I, have a plan!"announced Wyvern again, proudly. The others were grinning at the Elder.

"Ah, another classic case of Wyvern inferiority complex. Can't have anyone else grabbing the attention away from you, huh?" sneered a voice from above them.

Everyone gave a start and looked around wildly, searching for the source of voice, finding nothing. Wyvern gave a half-hearted chuckle and said, "Erm, relax everyone, that's just, er, my alter-ego, er, speaking."

Snake looked at the half-dragon in amazement. "you mean, you've got an alter-ego?"

"Well, what do you think allowed YOU to join the Pen, young one? It was the kind half of me!"

At this point, several of the onlooker sniggered, it wasn't usual for Wyvern to actually admit he had a kind streak in him. Wyvern, looking a little put out, started to gesticulate and drew the others back into the point of discussion.

"Now as I was saying, i've got this plan to get rid of the Scantivia Brothers.."

A member of the Pen, Parmenion, sighed heavenward. "Not another hair-brained scheme from you surely! Don't tele me, let me guess, you'll make those acrobats walk the tight-rope, except the rope is 50 feet above the ground, frayed, and no safety net available?"

Wyvern looked non-plussed. "Well, Parmenion, actually my plan was to introduce some ugly hag to scare them off the Pen's women forever, but your plan, hmm....in fact, I think your plan is miles better than mine!"

Everyone stared at the Wyvern, thinking he must be out of his mind to be even considering the suggestion.

But Wyvern winked.....

Loud crackling noises can be heard from the bushes.

*stomp boing stomp boing stomp* "OUCH!!!!!"

Out of the bushes hops young Morgane her hazzled looking Teddy dragged behing her (the boing noise).

"Oh there you are Wyvy! You promissed me a Lolly hand it over NOW Teddy is hungry!!"

She stops and a concentrated frown forms on her face then she starts to count.

"One big'un two big'uns three big'uns many big'uns! Hey all big'uns are her!! Whatcha doing?? Playing hide and seek? Can I play too can i can i can i?????"

She hops up and down excitedly.

On top of the balcony in the courtyard by the little bush where Inspector Clueless always seems to hide, a dark humanoid-like stature cast his looming shadows by the moonlight. The mild night wind fluttered his cloak gently as a white subtle hand held on to the trim of the cloth. Only a pair of sharp wintry eyes revealed itself in the mask of obscurity.

Words were drifting into his well-trained ears, and the lord could almost risk a chuckle. The Great Lord had a pint of remorse for not been paying too close attention to the happenings of the pen. The Lord should have caught wind on This Scantavia brothers incident earlier, not that he’s really ga…homose…of unusual sexual preference, but this is pretty opportunity for the lord to fill up espies on the members of the pen. Moreover, there could be a remote slim chance to stir up a war between the male and females of the pen, surreptitiously fuel by one mysterious figure.

“Women…” the dark mysterious gave a whispering sighed to the nothingness before him, his thoughts drowned in some painful memories. His thoughts drifted from a nameless familiar face to the more recent faces of the pen. An icy savouring of fear overcame him as the image of Tzimfemme sprang into his mind; that Tzimfemme gave him the shivers. If Canid was here perhaps he could invoke payback her for all the time she chased him until he was breathless and then bite him with her sharp fangs… and he certainly have plans for Tralla. At least he got a list of usual suspects in mind. The dark mysterious figure closed his eyes once again to concentrate on the verbal exchanges from below, trying to find out Wyvern’s brilliant doomed-to-fail-failing scheme. Even as the Lord listen he thought of his own adaptation to the overgrown lizard’s plan, and it involved something in between dangling the Scantavian Brother by the toes by a chain made out of tampons onto a pool of acidic nail-polish removers to a bunch of female penners shrieking in dismay. The notorious lord will most assuredly spend some time to ponder, ponder yes indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Wyvern rubs his scaly palms together at the thought of Parmenion's plan, unaware of Lord of the Gay's presence as he turns towards Morgane and her feverish demands. Considering the girl's childish demeanor, an evil grin slowly makes it's way across the overgrown lizard's face...

"Hmmmm..." murmers Wyvern while digging through his pockets and pulling out a dirty, half-eaten lollipop. "Here's your lolly as promised, Morgane..."

Morgane's lips tremble as she looks over the poor excuse for a lollipop...

"B-b-but, this lolly is ICKY!"

"Well, y'know..." says Wyvern as he pulls out an extra-large mint condition lollipop that he had stolen from a rich baby. "Better lollipops can be arranged, if you'd do me a little favor for me... I think the other ladies of the pen are in need of a play companion, so if you keep them distracted while we take care of our business, the lolly's yours."

Morgane considers this for a moment before snatching the tantalizing lollipop from Wyvern's hands and exclaiming "Okay!!!"

The greedy lizard grins and snickers to himself sinisterly as Morgane races off to play with the other gals, and turns towards the rest of the group before exclaiming:

"Very well... we'll gather here again tommorow morning. Before then, we should have a sure fire trapeze deathtrap set up... the more horrible and dangerous, the better. I'm counting on you guys to do the dirty work of setting it up, since I need to go write out and practice my speech to the Scantavia Brothers...."

With that, the overgrown lizard takes off towards his quarters before anyone can object to his not doing any manual labor... ;p

Stick had caught word of Wyvern's plan to get rid of the Scantavia brothers, and was intrigued. A chance to increase his chances with many of The Pen's fine ladies was a chance he was willing to chance. He hadn't had any luck lately, maybe because, well, he hadn't had the guts to do or say anything, but it didn't bother him too much. But seeing every other Penner running off in pairs was starting to make Stick feel a little lonely. He finally decided that tonight was the night for action. In a short few seconds worthy of an action flick, Stick discards his common loose-legged pants and vest to change into some rarely-seen Night-Ninja™ gear. He climbs out onto the roof of The Seven's treehouse and swings his grapling hook onto the higher roof of one The Pen's mighty halls and proceeds to climb over. After padding along silenty overtop many walls, Stick finally comes upon the courtyard. He jumps down to the ground and starts running towards the bush where I.M. Clueless is usually known to hide. In haste, he didn't realise that the meeting was already over, and thus didn't see Wyvern coming out right in front of him. He barrels directly into the overgrown lizard and they tumble back into the shrubbery. After a few minutes of untangling, not to mention the removal of various Night Ninja™ shurikens from many painful places, Stick stands up and dusts himself off.

In a whispered voice, he says to Wyvern "The blackbird has arrived. He is looking for a worm."

Wyvern blinks in a confused manner, not sure about Stick's newfound get-up, or his way of speech. "What?" he replies.

"Oh, uh, I thought we were supposed to use code. Nevermind. What's the plan?"

Wyvern rubs his palms together the way he usually does when he's scheming, and explains to Stick what he had just explained to everyone else who had gathered in the bush. "...these Scantavia brothers *have* to go."

"I agree. They have barely just arrived, but already they have exhausted their time here. They must go."

Wyvern snickered and hurried off back on his way. Another person to blame, err, help was always useful.

Stick also snickered and made his way back to the treehouse. Whereas the members gathered thought that by 'removing' the Scantavia brothers, they'd be more popular among The Pen's ladies, Stick intended to *save* the brothers, and make himself a hero among the female ranks.

All the base would belong to him.

By that, he realised, he meant all the *babes* would belong to him. And by belong, he meant would want to hang off his every word and call of their own will.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumping from a room up high,

A big dark Angel looks Wyvern in the eye.

"Who these Scantavia Brothers are,

I do not claim to know, but"

And with a sidelong glance, off to the far

He continues "They stole her from me,

Damn them all, I want them to suffer!"

Glaring into space, his massive wings unfold,

Shimmering black, with glistening stars.

"I will not lose her, not to them,

Let me accompany you now,

I know I don't blend that well,

But I may be of some use."

With that, the giant black Angel salutes.

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile little Morgane and Mr. Teddy hopp skip and bounce through the halls of the pen every now and then sticking her face into a doorway.

"Helllhoooo u wanna play?? Hello?.... nobody here either!!! What do u say Mr. Teddy? Gone? But but but WHERE!!"

A frown creases Morgane's forehead and then suddenly an idea strikes.

"U know what Mr. Teddy? Remember the fireallarm thingy? The big boom thing? If we strike that......OH COMMON Mr. Teddy don't be such a poop!!! But it'll be fun!!!! Just u wait! "

Happily Morgane climbs the stairs up to tehe attic chamber where Mad Dr. Tzim stored her Multidysfunctional Fireallarm Gong (MFG for short).

With a happy giggle she grabs the big stick attached to it and rips of the warning signes placed there by the Elders.

"What do u mean Mr. Teddy? Dangerous?? Oh poppycock u KNOW she always has the bestest ideas!"

With a concentrated frown Morgane grabs the stick wriggles her butt and.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

[the noise can be heard all over the pen]

Edited by Morgane