His stillness quicker then the wind.

Like the water he bends.

Like water he destroys or creates.

He is selfless and there for fulfilled.

From time to time

He looks out at the wind

And feels himself become it

Become the unfelt force of time,

The overpowering yet invisible concept of space.

One with himself he flows with the currents of life

Like an old sea captain

Understanding and manipulating the underlying forms of water and wind.

As the night falls he understands and fears not the darkness as others do

As his breath grows narrow he accepts and starts to fade

Regret nor fear enter his mind

Pain nor pleasure find place

He is apart from the concepts of man

He is beyond them and thus complete.

Germaine Andino-Rexach

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Its one of those poems that works through a camera like vision which can pan across thoughts as well as what the subject of the poem sees. It mingles environment with emotion and in more places than not a sense of resignation from the protagonist. In fact that underlying form of resignation and later aloofness from the engagements he once sought.

I have a huge question:

Did the protagonist resign from his involvments in life because the changes he made were imperceptible or was it because he actually became omnipotent (godlike)?

Damn there is actually so much more to this one that I fell hundreds more questions brimming because it could quite conceivably take many directions or be written from many angles but I'll play with that one for the moment.

Thank you for sharing - I really enjoy poems written in this fashion. Most anyone can rhyme a little, few can involve without sounding like they are simply telling a story. This involves and tells a story but the story for me is worked out from the poem and not readily available to the reader, I could probably keep re-reading and writing about this one - soooo much to it :wolf:

I have been reading eastern philosophy text a lot lately and I wrote this under such influence. I wanted to illustrate the pureness of existing with out anything and thus becoming everything. I think that to me I try to achieve this. There are many questions I ask my self about this work. If you have any more questions feel free to email me or IM. I welcome all comment from the Pen. Whynotsin@aol.com AIM:Whynotsin