The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Frying pan saga

Racouol

Racouol peered up from his tall glass of mead. He had been waiting now for several hours for a report from either Murdock or Diemer. It was unusual for either of them to be late for anything espessially when it was for something this important. It also did not help that Murdock had the last of Racouol's gold nor the fact that he had just build up a very large tab during his wait in the bar.

Things just had not gone right for Racouol ever sense he arived to the floating city of Glanura. First his ship, along with most of his gold, was sunk by a group of pirates. Secondly a group of thieves broke into his in room and stole his pants,which contained everything of value to him. Thirdly all of his weapons were taken by the local authorities after he got in a small bar fight the night before. Now his men were late and before the night end he was sure something else would happen.

Racouol then finished off his mead, got up from his table, ajusted his boxershorts that had little red hearts all over it, and slowly made his way to the door. "Hey you, you better pay up for all those drink you just had," the bartender shouted. At that point Racouol looked at the bartender, gave a weak smile, and started running. The Bartender shouting "Kronk, stop that man" was the last thing Racouol heard before he ran right into Kronks fist and was knocked out.

When Racouol woke up he found himself in a cell. He tried to get up yet his muscles desided not to work. So he just lied there thinking about everything that happened thus far. Now all he could do was wait for Murdock and Diemer to return and free him. Had this happened before he lost his magical powers he could have easily cast a few spells to get loose, but then again he would not be in this situation to begin with either. "Its no use thinking about the past. It is time to get myself out of here" he muttered to himself. He then summoned enough of his strength to get himself up off the cell floor. He then walked up to the cell door and started ramming it.

*SMACK*

Racouol then picked himself off the floor again and glared at the door. He then backed up to the wall and sprinted towards the door again.

*Crash*

Racouol found himself back on the floor with a rather sore shoulder while the door just stood there like before. He got back up and ran towards the door again.

*Thud*

Still the door would not budge and Racouol found himself yet again on the floor. "I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE TO A Y DOOR!!!" he shouted and started towards the door again.

Four hours later Racouol was still trying to ram with no success. "I *pant* am going to *pant* get you this time." Saying that Racouol threw himself towards the door only for it to open before he hit it and causing him to hit the wall about ten feet behind it.

"I guess you were not about to quit trying to ram that door till you got out of here. No matter someone just payed to get you out of here so we might as well get you out of here."

Racouol opened up his eyes and saw the guard standing over him and holding a small bundle of rags. The guard then dropped the rags onto Racouol and started towards the stairs. "What am I suppose to do with these" Racouol asked as he picked himself up off the floor.

"What do you think, you are suppose to put them on." The guard answered while still walking away

Racouol then started muttering to himself while trying to walk and dress himself in the rags at the same time. Slowly he made his way towards the stairs.

• 2 weeks later...

**** The guard slowly made his way up the staircase with Racouol straggling behind, still trying to put the rags of clothing on. Reaching the top the guard slowly opens the heavy wooden door and waits quite impatiently for the prisoner to reach the top.

"Come on!! Come on! I haven't got all day ya know." Grumbled the gard as Racouol finally reaches the top stair.

Racouol just mutters something under his breath and walks out the door. As he exits the guard gives him a swift kick in the ass that sends the miserable Racouol falling face first into the dirt. The door is quickly slammed behind him.

Racouol sighs and stands up calmly dusting himself off as best he can. A dark chuckle and clapping can suddenly is heard behind him. and a familiar voice rings out through the air.

"Well this is a pleasant turn of events I must say. The great Racouol thrown in the dungeon like a common criminal."

Racouol turns and sees Xeros leaning against the wall with a smug look upon his face.

"And what are you doing here?" Racouol snaps at his former companion.

"Who me?? Why I just came to see if the rumors were true, and low and behold... They were.. " Xeros snaps back at him. "How this is a strange twist.. You know most people would be able to picture myself in the dungeon... But you.. Thats someting no one would have expected.

Racouol glares at Xeros

"Well I hope you've enjoyed the entertainment. Now if you'll excuse me I have other matters to attend to, and you're not included in the..

Racouol turns and starts to walk away.. Xeros gets back to a standing position and smirks.

"Now Racouol.. Is that anyway to treat the man who just paid for your freedom??"

:dragon2:

The discssion was suddenly interrupted by the bubbly shouting and singing of a merry crowd, making it's way down the street. At the center of the crowd of laughing partiers, bobbing, weaving, and sinuously staggering all over the place, was a very inebriated octopus.

Racouol's eyes grew wide. "Those are my pants!"

Xeros looked over. "Where?"

"On the octopus! I'd know them anywhere."

"Well," said Xeros confidently, "Let's go geth them..."

"Not so fast," cautioned Racouol. "Those are my magical pants of deep pockets - there is no end to the mischief he could pull out with all those arms. This is going to take finesse."

They continued to watch the inebriated octopus stagger down the street, stopping at every bar and tavern where the octopus would pay to have everyone's mug refilled.

"That's my fortune he's spending! GRRR!!!"

"Not so fast," said Xeros, now restraining Racoouol. If what you say is true, we're gonna have to use strategy. First off, I say let's.... join the party! Here, put this rag over your face so you won't be recognised."

With Racouol's identity properly muzzled, they started across the street toward the revelers...

Xeros and Racouol walked through the door of the Tavern of the Fighting Frying Pan. There they watched the octopus proceed in buying drinks here as well. "I can't take it anymore, that is my money he is spending!!!" Racouol growled as he started marching towards the octopus.

"Hold it, I have a good idea." He whispered to Racouol. "He then turned to the crowd in the bar and shouted "Hey everyone, lets party. I just rented out a dancing so lets have some fun."

"What the hell are you talking about???? It is only the two of us." Racouol quickly whispered to Xeros while watching everyone in the bar turn their direction. Racouol then let out a weak grin.

Xeros turned to Racouol and an evil grin appeared on his face. "Perhaps you should look into that mirror when you get a chance. Just remember that I freed you so now I own you until I think that you deserve to be freed. So put on a good show, and make sure to so alot of skin." He whispered back before pushing Racouol further into the tavern.

Racouol turned around to confront Xeros again only to stop and stare at what should have been his refection in the mirror. Instead the image that reflectd back was of a tall blond woman with violet eyes showing more cleavage than was proper. "What have you done to me?"

"Hmm, isn't it obvious Racouol? I cursed you. It is a curse that is impossible to break." Xeros then started laughing.

At that moment Racouol jumped towards the fireplace and grabbed the frying pan that was hanging over it. she then lept towards the octopus striking it. Quickly she glanced around and picked up the Uncontious Octopus and jumped through the window.

Xeros just chuckled to himself as he left the bar. "Your days are numbered Racouol. But do not fear, for I will not kill you until after I completly break you." He muttered.

Ten minutes later Racouol quickly slipped his pants on. She then looked into a puddle of water, still in disbeleif before walking off.