The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Synthetic Poetry

Author's Note: This popped into my head, and it makes no sense whatever. Excuse my current...um...what'stheword...out-of-it-ness, but I took cough medicine with codeine in it, and codein being a narcotic, made me sleepy, silly, and didn't help my cough at all. Pity me.

Have a dose of incoherency

I can hardly take your mediocrity

Just a bit too high above sincerity

Down below here is the place to be

I'm not quite getting your theology

Away from here it's colder

And everybody's growing older

Colour it a little bolder

Give authority the cold shoulder

Take my life and eat the meaning

Plenty left for the gleaning

The corners of my mind need cleaning

As on my shoulder you are leaning

As I leave you my estate

My love you can't appreciate

I'm much too tired to hesitate

Give me something to alleviate

My mistakes

:ph34r:

Wow! Well I would quote to you my favorite line, however there wasn't a line that I didn't appreciate! "Have a dose of incoherency" "Give authority the cold shoulder""Take my life and eat the meaning"Give me something to alleviate

My mistakes" I quite enjoy your um..."out-of-it-ness" Thank you.

I just read it again....That really can take you on so many levels. YOu muStBe HigHhhh. laughs. Thanks.

or "just a bit too high above sincerity"

there's a lot to appreciate in this. amazing how sometimes getting the conscious controls out of the way leaves you able to cut to the core.

Fun how a rhyming exercise could lead to such a piece filled with many deep meaningful lines. You could almost center a piece around the meaning behind each line. :0)

Great brainstorming! (or out of brain storming lol)

~Salinye :butterfly:

Meow... you write good poetry Merry. It's all symbolic and not right-to-the-point like mine always is, but wants to be like yours... Meow... *radiates envy and gamma radiation and turns green and starts breaking things* Not the hulk... less bulk.

*cute smile like the one that made me look like a girl in my I.D. Card* I really liked this.

I think I love this poem... like all of lynne's. I just can never think of what to say to her without being really... not-mke sense-ish. I'm not good at talking to her... regretfully. I'm working on it though! >^_^<

• 2 months later...

Haha!! I finally found this poem! I read it once quite a bit ago and have been looking for it ever since so that I could tell you how much I liked it. And while you may think that it makes no sense...it makes a world of sense to me...hmmm, I'll have to show it to the locals once schools starts again...but as I said, I really do like this poem.

Hello.

I do enjoy the form of this and the choice of rhyme. Though I'm not as well-versed in rap as, say, Wyvern, for some reason this reminds me of certain rap. This can be a bit cryptic, but overall, good, for being druged up! I always encourage writing/creating while sick or in different states of mind-- sometimes you can get some great stuff, when you least suspect it. Write on.

-Icarus