A roaring path

pounds through the air

A kind of wrath

unclouded there

A writhing horror

proud and strong

a rainstorms fury

is like a song

It's pretty crappy...just a first draft, but I HAD to write something. I love thunderstorms so much. I had trouble putting it into words. ANy advice? Oh please let the electricity stay on...

gonna run outside and watch now

Actually, this is an *excellent* place to start. You do have some very good elements here, good insights to work with.

wild in its glory

A kind of wrath

unclouded there

and

A writhing horror

Each are very vivid and penetratingly perceptive (forgive the alliteration) phrases which give the reader a glimpse of what you're seeing. In this, your aim is already partially accomplished.

Where to take it from here? What do you want to communicate? The awesome fearful beauty in a visual sense? What you felt as you watched it? What it sounded like? You *can* go anywhere with it, but it looks like you haven't really decided which way to go yet.

Again, this is a respectable beginning. Also, kudos for seizing the words and thoughts before they escaped.

I really liked this. I recently posted my very first attempt at imagery. I think this is my favorite poem by you so far!!! Well done, and thank you for sharing. :0) I especially liked the last two lines. :0) Posted Image

~Salinye :butterfly:

Not "crappy" at all!! An excellent piece :)

Suggestions??

I'm a fan of rhythm (and storms) myself, so I have added some ideas (in bold). These are only some suggestions, so please dump them like yesterday's sweaty socks if they don't fit what you had in mind... :)

I saw once a rainstorm

wild in all its glory

like poetry in free-form

such a different story

A roaring path

pounding through the air

A kind of wrath

lies unclouded there

A writhing horror

proud and strong

a rainstorms fury

... like a song

(or perhaps : "Nature's song" for the last line?)

Again, a VERY cool work. B)

Well done! :)

Makes me wish we had a storm here now so I could watch...