The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Um... A feeble attempt at role-playing...

Senora smiled apologetically as the door before her opened revealing Enos was already speaking to another member of their party that she hadn't gotten to know yet. She was about to apologize for interrupting when Enos announced Feralon's departure.

"Ah, Senora. Good morning. Feralon was just leaving actually. Do you wish to talk? I don't have long, and will have to pack as we do, if a lady such as yourself doesn't mind an improper host." Returning Feralon's friendly nod with a warm smile she stepped back outside the door allowing the ranger passage into the hallway.

Turning her head watching the ranger make his way down the stairs towards the tantalizing scent of breakfast her stomach growled at her. Soon, I'll eat soon. She silently bargained with her apetite hoping Enos hadn't heard her stomach's protest. Walking back into the entrance of Enos' room leaning casually against the frame of the door she met the theif's eyes a bit confused.

"Unless my intuition has failed me, good Enos. I believe it was you who wished my presence here this morning, yes?"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Notes that I must make. Well, I have noticed that a few people have not been posting very often, which of course is no problem for me, it just makes my campaign less gory *pouts* and less difficult to manage. Anyhow, I suppose i should take some form of responsibility in noting where my players are. As such, should I not notice your presence on occasion, especially during a fight, I will PM you asking you to attend as soon as possible. I am not too worriesd about the conversations outside of fighting, as I will simply chock it up to them just going with the flow and doing what anyone else would do on a normal day. (i.e. just walking with the party silently) I just think you all might appreciate it a little bit if you were able to put your two cents in on occasion. So, I'll check up on you from time to time. I have a max of 999 messages in my inbox, so I can afford it! Meow! >^_^<

OOC: I would also like to announce a new party member. (you honestly think I would just survey everything?! C'mon, I'm fighting too!) Anyhow, I will be having a 'supervisor' join your party to accompany you thorugh your times of need. I'll try to distinguish between her and Damon, but that shouldn't be too hard. She'll be doing more talking than Damon because Damon is out on business for a few hours. So, I am introducing her. I have all of her stats, her character sheet and everything. Um... I guess I'll make sure you know who is talking by putting their name underlined at the beginning of a post... does that sound ok?

Shianna

Shianna lays in her room that she had been appointed to by Dracinsyr. It was a new assignment, something that she hadn't done before... babysit. It had become obvious after Damon's visit to her employer that he would not be returning to his party for quite some time. She grumbles, drawing herself out of bed, and pulls her cloak around her as best she can around her rail-like figure, as that cloak is the only garment she owns.

She strides across her room and finds herself confronted with a door, which is... opened. Wasting a spell is not something she was prepared to do. There were footsteps seemingly coming towards her, probably one of the party she was required to take care of. They were looking for a demon, a kitsune it seemed, at least that's what she thought Dracinsyr had told her. She never knew what the demon looked like, only that he was second in command to Orcus. What trouble that Damon might be in should I tell his boss that he is one under Graz'zt's rule.

As she tok her time down the steps, an elf passed her by, heading in the direction where a small line of people was crowded around an open door. The door shut after a... cleric? went inside. Hn... Infernal gods... she shall die soon. I cannot have those under faith disrupting my duties.

The smell of bacon and other ingredients downstairs was of no concern to her, so she made a decision to greet herself to the people she would be attending to for the next few days of their journey.

With the dark cloak around her she grips it a little tighter as she walks to the door. "Excuse me..." she states, an eery calm in her voice "I believe you are the ones seeking the Miror of Darkness. Do not question how I know. I am Damon's... associate. As he is tending to his own business, I am going to assist you in what you may not be able to accomplish without me. You do not appear to be the most stout of warriors, and this mottled group of spellcasters you have here is adequate only by number. I am Shianna Yvette..." ...your babysitter.

Her black hair rests flat and straight, almost blending with the faded material of the cloak, but contrasts with her pale, seemingly dead, white skin. Aside from her right hand, and her thin, but beautiful face, you can see nothing of her. Upon closer examination, one would find she is wearing no shoes either. Her figure has not yet been determined by the eye though...

The door opens and the aforementioned Elf walks in. Iriador looks at the human woman coldly, flecks of gold showing through the gray, as she instinctively doubles her shielding.

"So you are the one who is supposed to babysit us." Iriador says in an equally eerie, calm alto voice. "Lady Yvette." Her tone is slightly mocking, completely out of character for the woman she had been. The sorceress glares at Harmon. I do not know what she has been told...but it will not be so easy as she thinks, to find Elwen.

Harmon mumbled something to the latest addition to the group as he took another swig of the swill the inn-keeper had given him this morning, swearing that it could cure hangovers in no time flat. If it doesn't work soon, Harmon thought ill-temperedly, I'll give that swindler of a man a headache beyond even this "miracle" drink's capacity to heal.

Turning his mind away from thoughts of assault and of whether the drink tasted or smelled worse (taste was winning by a narrow margin), Harmon looked over the other members assembled around the common room. None of them appeared to be in the same predicament as he was, which just confirmed his suspicion that they all couldn't find a good time with both hands and a torch. Well, to be fair, Allan had been down here last night with Harmon for a bit, but the bard hadn't been too jovial. Not that Harmon could blame him. Getting ready to face a kitsowhatsit that could kill them all pretty easily wasn't exactly the best reason for celebration. But you had to make do with what you had.

Speaking of which, Harmon fingered his money pouch. It was lighter than it'd been after adding his employer's 3000 gold, not a whole lot, but enough to make Harmon wonder exactly how much he'd thrown around...

Harmon sighed. Maybe it's best I forgot most of last night... he thought, taking another sip of the noxious mixture and waiting for the signal to get moving.

Shianna

The pale woman glances down at the muscular embodiment of Harmon, sipping a beverage that reeks as though it too could be dead. She smiles for a second, wondering how something small enough to fit in a cup could smell worse than carrion. She hides her smile quickly, realizing that her immature sense of humor is not something to be displayed around suspicious people. It could be a weakness for her...

She calmly pushes her way through the crowd of adventurers, whos eyes are following the swathed figure suspiciously, and steps to the door that the cleric disappeared into. She realizes she has forgotten that one of the members has spoken to her, and grasps the door handle with her left hand, now poking through the small fold where the two cloth ends meet, before turning to face the female elf in the party.

"I ask that you do not refer to me as 'Lady'." she says before she looks directly at the discontent grimace on Iriador's face. "Certainly I have become aware that I am a suspicious figure, and that you, my precious elf, have not taken a liking to me. That is not to be unexpected, as I am being a bit sudden about my arrival, as well as my taking charge of you. You put it so crudely to say that I refer to this as 'babysitting', as I would never express such notions aloud. Although it seems you do, I hold nothing against you as of yet, fair elf, and I pray you do not give me a reason to. I am here to do my job and nothing more. Spite me and I will spite you back..."

With that, she turns the handle and eyes the cleric behind the door with a hidden hatred. "Hello cleric. I note that you are speaking at the moment, but we have business to attend to. There will be time for that in the future." She softens her gaze at the somewhat venerable man who is picking his belongings up.

"And you... what would someone as wise as you be doing in a travelling party. Should you not be enjoying what luxury there is to retired life?" This man... she sighs mentally So near death... so precious in his venerable years. I only hope I do not need to wait long. "We should go." she states, snapping her gaze back to it's icy blackness. "We have work to do." The fighter must be one of the group, so I should have to pull him away from his foul drink to hoist him into battle. How someone could choose to waste their mind for muscle is certainly not a logical thing for one to do, but in such a motley party as this, his uses are not limited...

As she turns out of the room, she gives a neutral stare at the elf for a second before heading down the stairs, and motions for the party to follow her, though she does not look to see if they choose to trail behind. The ale stained floor creaks slightly under her step and the small, clear spindle of stone orbits silently around her as she makes her way to Harmon. "We are leaving now."

Edited by Damon Inferel

OOC - If I may back up just a little bit, Damon, I'll conclude this post by catching up to yours (and Shianna). (And I can see some possible irony later, so I'll see if I can set it up. If it is unbelievable, I'll delete it/not bring it up).

For ease of play, I have repeated a piece of your post, Damon. Just letting you all know. ;)

~~~

BiC -

(Moments before the enterance of Shianna...)

"You are astute, Senora. I wished to speak to you about our... group." If eyes are the windows of the soul, then Enos' had been long painted over. Where the truth of his soul should be revealed, there was instead stained glass - drawing a wondeful picture of concern and compassion with no regard to the inside soul. (OOC - hope that makes sense :P ). If it was not for Senroa's empathy, no truth about this man would have been revealled.

The sun beckons our arrival downstairs. There is not much time. I must keep her close to me if I wish to survive... Mocked empathy will be the key here, if I am to manipulate her. It shall be tricky though...

"I house great worry for our mission, truth be told," Enos continued. "I know the plights of a cleric on a bloody mission. There will be many needs for you... and few for me: I fight meekly. I have, however, leant an ear for those who need it. Senora, if the burden of many wieghs you down, I-"

With that, [shianna] turns the handle and eyes the cleric with a hidden hatred. "Hello cleric. I note that you are speaking at the moment, but we have business to attend to. There will be time for that in the future." She softens her gaze at the somewhat venerable man who is picking his belongings up.

"And you... what would someone as wise as you be doing in a travelling party. Should you not be enjoying what luxury there is to retired life?" This man... she sighs mentally So near death... so precious in his venerable years. I only hope I do not need to wait long. "We should go." she states, snapping her gaze back to it's icy blackness. "We have work to do."

And almost as suddenly as she entered, and with an equally commanding air, Shianna left. Enos glared at the direction of the door - his moment ruined. The fire of his soul pierced through any painting upon his eyes momentarily.

What is this!?! What new accomplice must we answer to?! She enters here without word or warning? Without a pressence to command and yet the foolishness to-

Senora! I must regain my composure. Everything can be fixed with the proper touch.

Straightening himself he turns his attention back to Senora, once again in calm demenor. "My lady, it appears we'll have to pick this up later. But... I think you understand my thoughts. We should hurry. I wish to see who this new character is..." and how much more difficult she is going to make things for me. Returning his expression to the usual half smile, and darting eyes, Enos picked up his bags and led/followed Senora down the hall and to the rest of the group.

OOC: This is all a "mental" post, meaning it's all inside "Iriador's" head...heck, now we all get to see just how messed up she is. Italic is her Elven self, and bold is her...other self.

Calm yourself. the soft voice of Lirya Wintermist said. You may not like this Shianna woman, as I do not, but there is no need to growl at her. Control your emotions.

You are right, Lirya. I should not have lost control like that. her "twin" said.

Harmon is annoying. Lirya commented sourly, her normally pleasant soprano gaining a bit of an edge. How can you not kill him? You have permission. It may be a terrible thing to say, but such a man should never have children.

I do not know, Lirya...but soon it will be over. Soon...

Their voices blend in a melody of alto and soprano.

Our lives will end...but the one who matters will live. And that is all that counts...

Absorbed in her thoughts, she follows this "Shianna" to where Harmon is.

Edited by Elwen

Shianna

Shianna eyes the party curiously as they step out of the tavern door, the rays of sunshine poking brightly from behind the deciduous oak forest that lies in front of them. Her glance falls on Iriador, and she strides up to meet the elf's gaze with her own, searching for any kind of expression besides the blank spite that seems hidden poorly, though only to her.

"You were supposed to brief these people, were you not? I am informed enough to know that you have the details of our assignment. I was instructed to inform you that you are the current leader of this band in the demon's absence, and I am here to support and supervise you. You, my gracious elf, are in command as to our direction, since you appear to be the only one who knows of where we are going."

She smiles, realizing this was not something this lady was intending on doing, but it had been Damon's way of making certain she was reliable, as she held the most suspicion in the band. Should she be as great as Damon hopes she is, she should be able to overcome this easily... follow the leader. She laughs and turns to the forest. "I know we are to go there," she says as she points to the path east of the tavern, "but you are to take us where we need to go."

(OOC: Yes,sshe did say demon in reference to Damon on purpose, and... though Iriador is the one leading the way, she doesn't really have to do anything... she's just the front lines... I have an idea I'm brewing, forgive my idealogical mind.)

Senora silently followed the newest member of their party out the tavern door as her senses slowly stopped tingling, returning to normal. The wave of emotion had been clear, clearer than most. That woman does not like me, and I am not safe alone with her. As her conversation with Enos had been interrupted she felt shianna's presence before she opened the door. The wave of dislike hit her with such force she had nearly stumbled forward. She would have to really rethink her situation. Was not wise to be in a party of companions whom you could not trust. They would never survive without a healer. The priestess sighed as she thought this last thought, for it was not one of vanity, but of obligation.

Her eyes caught Enos glancing at her and he smiled warmly. She returned the smile. The older gentleman confused her. His exterior was consistently warm and friendly, his actions dripping with sincerity, however, his interior was cold. Something wasn't quite right, but she hadn't figured it out yet. But she would....She always did. What is it about you that I don't understand, Enos? She thought as a test for reaction came to her mind.

Walking over to him and placing a hand gently on his shoulder she leaned in to whisper in his ear ensuring no one else in the party would hear her words. "I would love to accept your offer to talk sometime, Enos. But next time, please come without your mask." The message was sent in a sincere tone of kindness, not condescending or sarcastic. Giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze she fell back in step a few paces behind him watching for his reaction.

OOC - Whoo hoo! Great fun! Just in case anyone's confused, Salinye and I are kind of a half step behind you Damon - but I'm going to catch us up right now. :)

~~~

BiC -

...If this new character proves hostile, it may be an entirely different- what?

Walking over to him and placing a hand gently on his shoulder Senora leaned in to whisper in his ear ensuring no one else in the party would hear her words. "I would love to accept your offer to talk sometime, Enos. But next time, please come without your mask."

His instinct upon her touch was to go for his weapon, but upon hearing Senora's words and feeling that her hand was in no way trying to restrain him, Enos fought back his flinch. He listened intently on the words, staring forward; if the girl had wanted to be noticed, she would not whisper.

Without my mask...? The girl dares to offer a guess...? I haven't been that transparent, have I?

As if to test his own question, Enos turns to Senora and gives a slight head nod, and an 'understanding' smile, before turning back to watch his path. While his smile had seemed genuinely innocent, Enos' eyes seemed intent to quell some inner curiousity, gazing at her form as she walked.

Or perhaps she has had warnings from above? That would be detestably unfortunate. Perhaps I should let things drop for a while, and let her come into my domain. Senora, you may think I wear a mask, but it is far more intricate than you could know. You may try, but alone you could not succeed, and a diety will only help a vollentary (sp?) victim so much. I will have to be patient enough for her to walk into my wiles. Unless our quest ventures through too much, too quickly, it should be an easy task...

The group arrived together, as mentioned in the previous post. *Enter Damon's post here*

So... Iriador is our captian now. I had wished that there would be another, like the bard or the other warrior... his name escapes me. Still, better her than this new Shianna.

Wait... she said demon... Strange...

OOC - (No, Enos' thoughts didn't end there, but you can imagine the musings he had, and I don't think they're alltogether important at this stage of the game. Just wanted to put in the fact that he noticed it. Sorry so short!)

Edited by Justin Silverblade

OOC: Um... *laughs at his creative genius...sort of* I got a few good ideas for you all, and I think you might be surprised when you find out what they are. I'm kind of enthusiastic about it, but it all depends on when we get to that point... meo? I hope that didn't sound rude...

OOC: By the way, I have something of an extended bio for Damon due sometime soon, or late... -ish. I'll just have all of you kow that i changed his classes from his bio, and I gave him one more level as a bit of a perk... you know, I have to stay ahead of you all somwehat. Shianna hasn't improved her level thouh, so you don't need to worry about that. Actually, his new bio is something of a character sheet, and I found something interesting. I wasn't aware of this in the beginning, but upon further study, I found he is the equivelent of a 22nd level character. Yay! Don't worry though... I won't hurt you all.

Shianna

The Vasharan looked at the elves around her curiously, keeping a particular eye on Iriador. (OOC: Um... I don't know how mny of you are elves... Sorry) It seemed as if she was concerned with something, trying to find a reply to Shianna's announcement. Shianna felt no sympathy for her. It was her fault she had been so suspicious, and as such, Damon had to trust her loyalty. certainly, if he wanted to know about her, he could have simply read her mind, but the ancient demon has fallen to letting things play themselves out. her thoughts ran about her head while she fumbled through the small pouch on her belt, and puled out a spellbook. She figured it would not hurt her to review her spells once more.

She stood, somehwta impatiently, reading her book, waiting to see what the other members would do, how they would react. They all seemed to distrust her, but... there was a look in Senora's face that said something else. She closed her spellbook and stuffed it back into her pouch. She murmured a small incantation and tappedinto the cleric's mind with a detect thoughts spell. It was about twenty seconds later that she discovered that the cleric was well aware Shianna had no liking for her, and even considered her dangerous.

So, she's an Empath. She can't sense my thoughts, but she can sense my feelings, and it appears she knows just how much I hate her. No matter, she may not have to worry about it for long, as soon as I finish my assignment. She turned her attention to Enos, igonoring the several other thoughts that were being picked up from other townsfolk and the other party members. He... seems curious. He picked up when I called their wealthy employer a demon. This should be amusing, as I can only imagine the questions they will have for him. I only hope this dear soul doesn't hide his thoughts from the others. I could corner him, and Orcus would be so proud of me. This can all be to my advantage...

She tapped her foot a little bit, wondering when they were going to do something besides linger around. Their destination was directly in front of them by a few miles or more, and she had a cleric to take care of.

Damon

"You know, this is all playing out pretty well Razzengret." He said to his companion balor demon. "In time, I will have Dracinsyr's throne, and I will hold a place even closer to Orcus' court. I will finally rule my own layer of the Abyss, and once I assassinate Orcus, Graz'zt will grant me my total freedom. I do grow weary of lying about this never-ending war. It's no place for a talented asassin such as myself. It is some times that I find myself wishing we did have some form of politics, even if they were as traitorous as the ones in Hell. What do you think?"

"Honestly, you shouldn't even bother. Orcus has already been resurrected once, and he would surely put a price on your head, possibly even larger than Elwen's." The balor's dark flames surrounded him, flashing back and forth with the steaming winds of Ginumium. (OOC: Ginumium is one of the layers of the Abyss...) The twelve foot demon sheathed his greatsword, and scrathed an itch on his crimson skin. It was not often he wasn't in battle, so he commonly had to deal with the plague of itches that troubled him. Many of the other demons found it amusing to inject him with a form of itching powder during one of Graz'zt's frequent parties. They didn't live long...

"I don't seem to understand why all of the demon lords have a price for her! She's not a demon, she just happened to come across us when some idiot tried to use her as a sacrifice. She has no access to this Plane anymore, and yet everyone else seems to want her dead." Damon sighed, his white eyes reflectring a concerned look. "If they kill her, I'll never get what i want."

"I don't understand why you are so upset. You are the one who loked oyourself away for half of a millenium studying her for weaknesses. Your opportunity came, and you weren't ready for it, so you hid fopr another century. You complain why everyone else is so obsessed with her, that she is harmless, but you are the one who has devoted your life to beating her. Tell me this. Do you know anything about direct combat?"

"No, that wouldn't work against... you're right. I suppose I am obsessed. Her power is intriguin to me, and i would love ot be the one to finally quell what could have single-handedly taken our entire population out."

"Sir, if i may request my leave now? There are threats to be suppressed, as opposed to listening to your banter."

Damon ignored the insult. He was perhaps the only demon who did not act on instinct and referred to law. All else was chaos, which is why the others might die so frequently. "Yes, Razzengret... i mean General. I must be leaving to. I have preparations to make. My party should be leaving now." He flapped his ebon wongs once and faded from the Abyss, and Razzengret stalked out of the room. "An excellent leader, but a coward nonetheless. He's lucky to have my loyalty, or he would be dead. Hn... It's a little outlandish, but he might actualy accomplish his goals though." He grunted, approaching the stone window of Damon's rock fortress. The never-ending war raged on outside, and Razzengret flapped his massive wings with a war cry and dashed off into battle.

OOC: Razzengret is not exactly an important character, but he might have a use later. He's the next closest thing to a non-chaotic demon there is, since he has been under Damon's court for so long. as far as friends go, that's essentially the nly frined Damon has... even if his frined is more powerful.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Suddenly, the Apocalypse arrives! A giant fifteen thousand tone meteor comes flying at the PC's at Mach 15. There's no time to escape! As each of the PC's, including the drunken Harmon, frolick about in a state of complete panic, wondering where the field of flowers they are in has come from [thus ignoring the meteor], the giant adamantine and diamond boulder smashes into Middle Earth and each person, animal, plant, or other living or non-living organism takes 1000d20x100000 points of fire and crushing damage. This effectively destroys the Tavern of the Quill, and slaughters all of the roleplayers in this RP.)

This is juast a note that somehow this RP has shown up closer to the bottom of the list, and is thus dead. However, should anyone come from the rubble of the planet that does not exist, via a teleportation without error spell, we may continue in an alternate universe, where we are the same people, and everything else is the same. Since Damon has the ability to teleport without error at will... this incarnation of all of you dies, and I await to see what happens in the next universe.

Brief note of apology: Um... I don't even think a kitsune could live through this... sorry. Even if you traveled to another plane, the entire realm was destroyed, the planes along with it, since there are no heavens or hells left to teleport to.