The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Um... A feeble attempt at role-playing...

Iriador glares. "My name is /Iriador/, NOT Iry." (This man irritates me. If I were still the person I was, I would have killed him by now.) "Ask Damon when we get started. But with your attitude, you'll never get anywhere. Elwen has lived more then a thousand years. How many have you lived? Twenty? This is not going to be as easy as you think." (It definintely will not. Who is going to think of looking right in the middle of the band sent to hunt her down, for the very person they are looking for? And when I use the Mirror, that guarantees that they will not be paid. I just need to get clear of this place...)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Brute, sorry to see you leave, but we all do what me must. Kasmandre, great, this should be fun. Everyone, I forgot in my rush to describe Allan's other traits, i.e. his downfalls, so I'll list those in my full description in the OOC thread. K? Cool... oh yeah, perhaps everyone should ignore my last IC post, I was a bit confused :rolleyes:

BiC:

Allan smiled as Senora tucked the rosebud behind his ear. He made a mental note of the fact then turned his attention to Iriador. He listened intently as she spoke about Elwen, and frowned when she became angry with Harmon.

"Ease up my friend, you treat our new companion as if you have known her for years, when we have only met. You must be respectful, kind, and show them some reason to be interested in your brutish form!" Iriador just rolled her eyes and gave Allan a disgusted look. She *clearly* didn't want anything to do with the bard or the warrior. Allan returned her look however, looking a bit deeper past Iriador's eyes, he couldn't help but pick up on the tiniest reflection of sadness resting within her eyes. Something else he'd have to note. He swallowed a small lump in his throat and continued on a different line of reasoning. "So, this Elwen... surely she must have some sort of weakness? Do you know of any?"

OOC - Elwen, that's why italics/thoughts are so great. It allows the players to have such a wonderful understanding about the story, and yet play respectably ignorent characters. Best of both worlds. :) Oh! Also, just in case it may look like Enos' bias against Iriador, it's not because of her secret (He's WAY off that track), but because he simply dislikes magic casters.

BPO & Kas, I think your repar with each other's gonna be great. We're gonna need some friendly commraderie (sp?) here. :D

Brute - sad to see you go, but I understand. :( Thanks for a good send off though; it was great. (I hate it when people just suddenly disappear without mentioning anything, thanks for giving it attention)

Salinye - I haven't ignored your other thread, I'm just swamped at the moment (last couple of exams in the next couple of days). I will get to it, I promise. B)

Right, to the show!

~~~~

BiC:

Iriador glares. "My name is /Iriador/, NOT Iry..."

Rich. Harmon, you're a fool to degrade the title of a mercreny and the only one here with a clear head...

But... what is this...? Senora, and now Allen fall to thoughtful concern for this... sorceress? Some whispering behind her eyes that speak of sorrow? Bah. Mere posionning attempts for attention. How typically tyrannical of a mage. And look now! He gives Senora a rosebud? A group of lovesicks and compassionates... the Blade was wise to leave. And now I'm going to actually have to pick up the weight of the "thief" of the group. My talents are great, but can't carry an entire party of fools...

Enos spoke, to no-one in particular... It seemed that as his eyes watched the table and the room carefully, he spoke only to himself - his thoughts aloud: "Iriador has a point. The knowledge of our foe is unaccountably larger than our own. Still, it has taken only a slingshot to take down giants. If we stay focussed, and make good use of your wisdom of the subject, Iriador, then I am certain at least some of us have a chance."

Personally I'll be fighting my foes between the healer and that walking, talking tower-shield.

At this time, Allen continues with his statement: "So, this Elwen... surely she must have some sort of weakness? Do you know of any?" Enos nodded, and a smile began to curl up his lips. Looking to Iriador intently, his ever-full mind seemed to settle in anticipation.

And, to those observent of the table... though he had ordered an ale, Enos' cup still stood full.

Weakness...Very good. If her gift of empathy had taught her anything it was that everyone had weaknesses. Everyone. She looked over to the well dressed jovial man in quick observation. He asks good questions, despite his festive manner.

She was just turning her attention back to Iriador anticipating more information when another wave of emotion, or rather lack of, swept over her intermingling with her very soul this time leaving her terribly cold inside. Cocking her head sideways she stared at the older man who went by Enos as light goose bumps raised upon her skin as the coldness permeated her. Enos, being ever observant felt her penetrating stare and turned to face her almost immediately.

"Is there a problem?" He asked her glancing down at her Holy symbol and then adding in a more gentle tone, "M'lady?"

"Cold." She replied distractedly still staring at him, seemingly into him.

"Pardon?" He said with only the slightest sign of discomfort.

Shaking her head lightly rubbing her arms then wrapping them around herself. Giving him half a smile she replied, "I'm sorry, I am just suddenly very cold." With that she turned her focus back to the sorceress not wishing to draw attention to herself.

Cold....Very cold. Were her thoughts.

OOC Enos, I hope I did your character justice, feel free to correct me if I didn't and I'll make the changes. :0)

Edited by Salinye

Iriador scowls at herself, but is careful not to let anything show on her face. (Get your emotions under control, Lirya Moonflower, or Elwen, or Iriador Wintermist, whatever name you feel like calling yourself.) the harper tells herself sternly. (You do not need or deserve sympathy.) In less time then it takes to blink, the sadness is gone from her eyes, leaving no trace that any emotion has ever been there. Her face is a perfect mask of emptiness: beautiful as a marble statue, but as cold.

She eyes Enos’s cup with suspicion, but appears not to have noticed anything. (Hn. Why would he order ale-but not drink it? Well, a thief must have a clear head.)

“Weaknesses…not much about Elwen’s are known.” Iriador phrases her words carefully. “Personality-wise, she is known for being completely heartless/ruthless: she sent assassins after an ally of hers because he was being stupid.” (One of the things I regret most…) “Therefore, it may be assumed that she has no one she cares for, probably having killed them all off, and that approach may safely be ignored.” (I am NOT getting my family involved in this matter. Mother is dying…Father is grieving for her. Aural is still alive…and he is NOT getting involved in this mess. Inari-sama, he would likely land in more trouble then he can handle. Better that they think “Elwen” is completely heartless…they probably would not understand that I am not the person I used to be. Why bother wasting my time trying to convince them that I mean well? As soon as I make my wish, I am dead.) “Physically…she is very quick and graceful, relying mainly on her speed in battle. Strength is not her forte, but she has spent her lifetime mastering her skills at swordplay. Her skills at magic are equally strong, or stronger…” Iriador sighs. (That is, in my kitsune form. I do not command so much magic in Elven form…) “The stories do not tell her weaknesses…one must read between the lines.” She closes the book and puts it away. Her face does not give away what she is feeling: not even a flicker of an eyelash gives away anything more. The harper sits quietly, thinking, but nothing on the outside gives anything away.

Only one with the gift of empathy can tell what she feels: Iriador has grown resigned to her death. She does not care whether she dies…in fact, she is planning to.

OOC: I'm not sure if I am over my writer's block completely yet, but nevertheless I am going to TRY and write. Lol. If there is a problem about me joining just tell me and disregard my post. I might end up having the same problem Brute realized he had so if it turns out I can’t post often enough I’ll graciously remove myself.

IC: An Elf, of approximate 6’3” height--very tall for an elf--wearing a black cloak that seems to engulf him is seated at the bar and sipping at an elderberry wine. He rises and heads toward the table, taking in every detail of his possible future “companions”. Turning towards Damon he says, “Hello, Sir, I couldn’t help but overhear.” Presenting himself to everyone he asks, “If you would not mind another companion, I would like to join your quest.”

OOC: I will post more as soon as I find out if you'll have me :)

OOC: Archaneus suggested I check this place out. Looks like it’ll be fun If you guys let me on board that is.

Aden was standing behind the rather large elf, that he had accompanied into the tavern. Stepping around the elf, everyone at the table could see that the man stood at about 5’11” and had short black hair. That his face was quite unkempt, and his soft blue eyes were ever watchful of everyone sitting at the table. He wasn’t a very trusting man, but the idea of naming his own price for this task was very appealing.

Aden’s left hand rested on his sword, and his right on the shoulder of the taller elf. He looked around the table one last time and then to the elf, “What my stout companion is attempting to say is that the two of us would love to join you. Our skills will be very useful to the rest of you, of that I can assure.”

"I would not care." Iriador says quietly, lost in her thoughts. "As long as you are not a womanizer, that is."

Allan would have done a spit-take, had he been drinking anything. He did his best to remain his composure, but his reaction didn't go completely unnoticed. Harmon slapped the bard on the back, laughing boisterously. "Haha! Y'hear that! She doesn't like the likes of you!"

Allan frowned and shot Harmon a glare. "Nor you, you, big... loaf..." Allan wasn't exactly the best at witty remarks, at least, insulting ones. Harmon just laughed again and shrugged. Shaking his head, Allan turned his attention to the newcomers. "You say you have skills that could aid us, but can you possibly have skill enough to help us defeat someone who quite possibly is lacking a weakness? Someone who is colder than stone, with nothing to lose? It is a dangerous task we set out on, and although I may not lead this party, I think I speak for everyone when I say you both had better be pretty certain you want to come along. After all, you may not come back."

(What I forgot to mention was that said kitsune is now trapped in the body of an elf...who is no longer as cold as stone...but who doesn't have anything to lose.) Iriador is still lost in thought. "Have either of you ever heard any legends of the kitsune Elwen?"

OOC: Well, I welcome all of the new people to the group. As long as I can keep my access to the internet, I will gladly take on anyone else. It means I get to put even more evil things in here, and thus more people to kill should they get careless... *blinks* Forgive me... part of me and the other two share a good deal of sadism. I'll try to keep it down...

"Hn..." Damon looks at the other two applicants who trudge in, one of which looks terribly alert an unkempt. "Well, I can tell you that you certainly are welcome to my gradually increasing parade of people. The other's will give you the situation should you desire to know so... I have no qualms as to hiring those who wander into battle clueless, so I'll not repeat myself."

Damon takes a moment to survey this group he has acquired, amazed that so many people had actually chose to oblige such a tedious quest. Sure, his life may be at stake, but living for six millenia gets old quickly. The only thing he didn't have was a kingdom of his own because he still took the occasi0onal order from the Demon Lord Demogorgon. Insane demon that ruler of mine is... Come to think of it, I've spent a good many days watching the two of him argue with each other...

"Well, I can say that I've certainly heard of this kitsune." Yeah, she almost killed me once... Being part of an army against her doesn't give much room to be picked for survival... Good thing she doesn't remember that, or I'd have died half a century ago... "Yes, um... there was a tale brought up by a friend of mine... she annihilated an entire army of demons once... it is rumored she is a demon herself which is why she knew where all of the weak points were. There was... one person who actually got a hit in though... A succubi I believe. While the others were assaulting her from the front, this succubi flanked her and attempted to tear out her heart. Not a bright move on my part... but it worked. Had she not cut off my arm, I could have taken her soul... Well, one of them at least. Curse my stupididty. So she does have a weakness. If you can successfully steal the soul of her kitsune form, then you eliminate all of her power. Yes, I know of her wekness, but the hard part is achieving it. I don't suppose any of you can trap souls, can you? Didn't think so..."

OOC: As I said in my bio, I have been alive for six thousand years. He had some time to grow his arm back, and enough knowledge about Elwen to know how she could be defeated. It was just hard to get there... that's all. He just won't tell you that he knows all of this because he is the one who almost killed her... and he won't tell you he is a demon either...

OOC: On another note... his days of trying to kill her are over. He knows how to, so if he ever finds her, he's prepared. He just doesn't want to kill something so intiguing... It's a waste to destroy such power. I hope this doesn't offend anyone... (meow? *feels small at the thought of upsetting a certain person*)

Damon spends a moment to actually direct his conversation at one person.

"Elwen, I appreciate you hate the fact that certain people in here are womanizing freaks, but you have no say as to who I employ or not. Though, you can still kill who you wish should they get on your nerves. It just means I spend less money..."

OOC: It's got to be annoying as I frequently think I'm not doing good enough, or doing something wrong, but any insults or rude comments I make are not to the person themselves. Forgive me if I offend any of you... i'm just doing what I can to play a lawful evil succubi who cares nothing for any of your lives except for Elwen's. (In character Elwen that is... remember, she's intriguing nd she is not to be killed.)

Harmon tried to scoot his chair away from Iriador as unobtrusively as he could. As he did this he muttered to himself, "Great, tear out her soul, no problem. As if I didn't have enough problems as it is: the party only has two females and one of them not only wants to kill me, but has permission, and Al's got a head start on the other. Wonderful." Louder, he said, "Well, this is all simply wonderful, but if that's it, could I ask for a little of my pay in advance? I'd prefer to enjoy myself a little before I die."

OOC: Eh... *laughs nervously... very nrvously* No, I didn't mean that... Thank you for catching that... I'm sorry, I currently had all of my thought on that person... at that time...

Damon looks over at Harmon and smiles a little. "You know, you seem to be something of a pessimist. If you'd like, I could kill you and make certain your prediction comes true. I would also have you informed you are not supposed to 'tear out' a person's soul. The soul is in the heart, and you tear out the heart to get to the soul. i'll have all of you know that killing a person by removing their heart does not give you their soul. You have to extract it and trap it. What a moron... I hate these people who don't know what i'm talking about... Well, I guess it can't be helped. He will still be of more use to this group than the thieves are, and possibly more useful than Iriador... she seems intent on dying, and this guy looks stupid enough to take an arrow to th chest and laugh at it for her. Lust is crazy... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give you a pay advance... which I was going to do anyway."

(Damon hands each person 3000 gp.)

"This is your money. You either keep it or give it back. Don't look so surprised that I carry that much on me. I'm fully capable of holding my own to any of the thieves around here." Damon looks at Enos a little suspiciously, but holds a strange trust for this man. "There is much more than that if you complete the job... Trust me, I am very rich... but it means little to me. I make enough trading souls to buy a country... *smiles in his mind* I love marketing in the underworld. Kill the merchant and take your earnings... Enjoy your life while you can Harmon, as you seem to think you will meet your end so soon."

Edited by Damon Inferel

Frowning again, Allan shakes his head. This did not seem like a good start at all. But it would have to do. Raising his voice to one he commonly used just before he was about to truly Perform, Allan spoke to the group. "Alright everyone, so I think our path stands clear now. To defeat this Elwen character, we must do what we can as a group. Surely, there is enough of us to do something, even if not a single one is capable of stealing souls." Allan eyed Senora briefly. Perhaps she could, depending how powerful of a cleric she is. Of course, I believe clerics are more skilled at releasing souls than stealing them. Something to ponder, and perhaps discuss at another time. The bard quirked his lips, then continued, "It seems to me like our best plan of action will to be distract her body, while one could take her soul off-guard. True, this would involve great sacrifice on many of our parts, but I shall risk it, alone if I have to, for surely, such an act would be legendary. Hopefully though, it won't be necessary, if we can find this Mirror first." Nodding in punctuation, Allan took a seat. Waving the nearest barmaid over, he ordered a glass of wine.

He felt like he needed to drink a whole keg.

OOC: At watching Yusuke and Chu right now, I feel like laughing madly... it was funny... Oh, right...

"Allan, do you not listen? While your idea is certainly one that would work, and I give you my utmost respect for your intelligence Even though I already tried what he did..., but you do not seem to know that removing a soul kills a person. I have a very strict guidleline for that, and if you do so attempt to go through with your ingenious scheme, I will have you killed, and I will destroy your soul myself. Oh sh*t... I shouldn't have said that last part... I hope he doesn't notice. Better not try to cover it up. Do you understand that now. I suppose I could lighten your boundaries though. Should Senora learn a way to ressurect her, you may kill her if she becomes a problem. Once she is bound or the like, then you must bring her back. I should inform you that knocking her out would be much easier than damaging her at all. So, only as a last resort... okay? You have all doddled long enough. You may rest for the night, as it is getting late, and you leave in the morning. As I said before, Elwen is setting the deadline, and the longer you sit here and talk, drink, stare at other people..." He puts emphasis on the latter part as he remembers Senora staring at Iriador. "the less time you have to catch her. So... I suggest you get a move on. It's not safe at night around here, so I suggest don't leave."

OOC: Um... I'm not certain when tomorrow is, but I hope we can get going soon. I have completely enjoyed this RP so far, and I thank all of you for joining me. *tear... not really* I only hope I can further entertain and/or service you in some way. If any of you need anything as far as this campaign is concerned, just PM me and I'll do good things for you. I'm sorry I haven't gotten the feats and such posted yet, but the Player's handbook is not just a few pages you know. Again, thanks!

OOC - So sorry about being late. I've just had all my exams and could not be here. But they're over now, so I should be back a little more regularly. :) So, please excuse me if this post is a little long, I'm going to catch Enos up a bit... :raven:

Oh! And though it was a while back, Salinye you portrayed Enos just fine. :) Don't worry at all, if you need to play him, go right ahead. If I don't like it I can always spin it somehow. :D (In fact, if you really worry about it/are unsure, just don't write his thoughts. Then I can justify anything he does with what he thinks. :) )

Damon, let me see if I can hurry our finishing tonight off so we can get going. :)

~~~

BiC -

As the two new characters entered the table, Enos eyed them each respectably. His thoughts raced further when Damon accepted them into the group. Seemingly indifferent to their presence, he nodded slightly in greetings to their arrival.

More bodies to protect my life, more opinions to cloud my ways. Welcome difficulties as long as they are not casters... I don't like the look of that elf. I'll have to parley with them alone later.

In fact, I'll have to speak to them all. No one ever comes to know their companions when they are in so much company. Too many masks...

As he examines the table in thought Enos catches another glimse of the holy symbol around Senora's neck, and recalls her latest act.

I definately need to speak with her... though I wonder if it wise to do so alone. I can not protect myself from her diety... I would not learn nearly as much, but I may not need to for this quest.

As Damon and Elwen speak, Enos listens attentively, and speaks as little as possible. Better to let those who think they are leaders to ask the questions.

Annihilated an army of demons? This friend of Damon's sounds more like a bard than an informant. Pathetic exaggeration. And what's this now? Stealing souls? A wonder I must conclude as over-exaggerated as well. Else, why would he be looking for help here in a tavern? Certainly a church is a better place to plead your case.

Damon spends a moment to actually direct his conversation at one person.

"Elwen, I appreciate you hate the fact that certain people in here are womanizing freaks, but you have no say as to who I employ or not. Though, you can still kill who you wish should they get on your nerves. It just means I spend less money..."

Ha! Magic words I'm glad he said aloud. Still, the freedom that he mistakenly grants is a double edged sword - and an old man can easily get on the nerves of an accomplished mercenary. Perhaps I will have to speak up... though equivication requires consistancy, and no one has had enough, or any, to drink for that to become acceptably easy. Best stick to facts. Harmon and Allen will do the rest, until I can speak with these two-

Hello? What is this?

(Damon hands each person 3000 gp.)

Enos smiles and recieves the money. At first glance one would assume that the pleasure and wonder in the old man's eyes was of greed for money. That, was not entirely true...

That is a large sum of gold... 21000 gp just passed this table. Perhaps there IS truth to his words, if they are worth such an advancement. Whether gold is worthless to him or not is irrelevant when one considers where we are, and how readily he submits wealth to those who are poor. Perhaps my time and services will be worthwhile here. Ah! The time for me to speak arrises...

Damon finishes once again: "So... I suggest you get a move on. It's not safe at night around here, so I suggest don't leave." Enos nods slightly to motion he has understood.

"Well then," he starts. "I suggest we attain some rest. There is much to talk about, but nothing that we can't sort out while on the road - and a tired warrior is no warrior at all. Trust me, I've been there. I do wish to get to know you all better - even our two newst companions."

Enos pauses for a brief moment. If Damon speaks truth, then she might be worth the risk. But... let's let her decide...

Enos then continued, speaking to everyone, but looking intently at Senora, trying to catch her gaze. "I'm on the second floor, third door on the right, should anyone wish to speak to me before we gather at tomorrow's dawn. I can not stay my eyes open tonight, but I am up far before the sun in the 'morrow." Finishing, Enos, returns his look to the crowd in general. "My door is always open... to those who knock."

"Damon, will you be seeing us off tomorrow?" (And after Damon speaks, regardless of his answer, Enos says "goodnight" and heads to bed).

OOC: I added a bit more of her religion into this post. (Heeding Damon's warning to those with religion who do not keep up their supplication. (I'd hate for Senora's Goddess to turn ill against her..that could be BAD. :0) Tomorrow (since it's so late atm) I'll add information about her deity to my post about our char. bios. :0) )

A small smile slowly graced Senora's lips as she was awaken by mornings first rays of sun shining through the window to warm her face. The priestess of Ehlonna, when forced to sleep indoors, insisted on opening the window and pushing the bed beneath it so she could smell the wind. Having started out her life training as a ranger, she had never let go of her woodsy roots. Never did she feel more at peace then when she was among nature, free to commune with the plants and animals. She looked forward to starting their journey as she knew many of their paths would be through the hills and forests that she loved.

Before starting to prepare for her day, or allowing her own wandering thoughts to ponder the mission ahead of her she sat perched within the frame of her window, closed her eyes and communed with her Goddess. She prayed in gratitude for the beauty of the day, for the safety she had been blessed with thus far, and even for the rose she had been given. Grateful that it was able to magnify the calling of it’s life by adding to the beauty of the world. She then prayed for guidance on this journey, wisdom to understand those around her, and for the blessings of continued safety.

Only after an adequate time of selfless devoted worship did she leave her window seat to prepare for the day. The elf quickly washed up, did her best to secure her wild red locks back and dressed. Knowing she would need the morning for supplication to her Goddess, she had packed the night before.

Glancing at her image in the mirror she noted the simple green traveling tunic that she wore with her leather breaches. Her Holy symbol was resting warmly against her skin, hidden from view beneath her tunic. She wore it beneath her clothing not out of shame or desire to deny her position, but merely out of necessity. If they were to get into battle, the least amount of loose things hanging around her neck providing an enemy with a cleric on a leash, the better. The only outward symbol of her Holy station was the blue unicorn embroidered on the left side of her tunic above her heart.

Gathering her bags her emerald colored eyes swept across the room. Assuring herself that she was leaving the room as nice as she found it (nicer for the fact that she was leaving behind a lovely rosebud to dry up and add beauty) she quietly exited the room. Walking through the hallway she reached the stairs descending down one flight to the second floor. The aroma of breakfast made its way up the stair well from the first floor enticing her senses and making her stomach growl. She was about to continue down the stairs allowing her nose to be her guide when her thoughts stopped her.

Turning her head she looked behind her noting the third door on the right pondering part of last nights conversation. "I'm on the second floor, third door on the right, should anyone wish to speak to me before we gather at tomorrow's dawn. I can not stay my eyes open tonight, but I am up far before the sun in the 'morrow." It was as Enos said these words that he specifically sought her gaze. Remembering the cold that had penetrated her when her thoughts were turned to him, she wondered why he would wish to speak to her. Perhaps he wished spiritual council? The very thought made Senora laugh, from what she felt from him last night, that was not likely.

Taking two steps down the stairs, resolved to seek out breakfast and let the older chap seek her out if he wished, she stopped groaning inwardly. Perhaps that WAS his way of seeking her out. With a devoted sigh she turned to take the two step journey back to the top of the stairs. Ahh Ehlonna, do your faithful servants not get breakfast before we are called upon? Walking to the door to his room she dropped her bags to the floor with a humble smile and softly knocked.

Iriador sits moresely downstairs. She couldn't sleep, and what sleep she had, had been troubled by nightmares. She had finally come downstairs at dawn, completely ready for traveling.

She approaches the demon, already recognizing him from his aura. (Inari-sama...that is the succubus who tried to kill me about a thousand years ago. And I thought Aural was excellent at finding trouble!) the harper sighs. (The past is over. Let it lie. As long as he does not recognize me for what I am, then all will be well. And if he does...I will just activate the Mirror.)

"Damon." she says. "I have spent the night thinking...and remembered another way to disable Elwen's magic. There is a glyph that when painted on an ofuda-" ((OOC: an ofuda is a slip of paper painted with symbols used in various forms of magic.)) "And placed upon her neck will suppress her kitsune magic." (The thought of binding my souls terrifies us.) "I know how to create such a ward." (I should, after all!)

OOC: I realized that I haven’t given a name yet. His name is Feralon. Oh, sorry about the lack of posts, I’ll try and post more often.

Taking the money, he keeps an outward calm, while in his mind he is pondering everything that has happened, rolling it over in his mind, deciphering the information. Hmm, this "Damon" is quite obviously a demon, and seems to be avoiding that fact. I will have to be cautious of him. The thief appears quite crafty, and seems to know much. Although he directed the invitation in the morning at Senora, I believe I will take him up on it.

Moments after Enos, Feralon follows, headed to his room. Speaking a quick farewell, Tenna’ tul’re (Until Tomorrow - Elven), he heads to his room, puts his weapons next to the bed, and lies down. He enters a light sleep-state and thinks about the day’s events.

A couple hours before dawn he gets out of bed, grabs his weapons, and heads down to the common room of the inn. Retrieving a quick breakfast of eggs and bread he quickly eats and sits in thought for about an hour. Glancing outside, seeing it’s half an hour till dawn, he heads up to Enos’ room. Knocking he hears a shuffling, as of hurried movement. “Come in,” Enos says and Feralon replies with a “Good morning”

Edited by Archaneus

A look of thought spreads across the features of the demon's face. "This is great news Iriador, but there is still the problem of, you know, getting close enough. Though, I will admit that anything we could do to suppress her is an idea. and I will also ask you where you acquired this information, as this seems terribly suspicious. Never in my years have I heard of such a thing."

Hn... If I give her the number of my years... it'll have to be a reasonable human amount... Ah yes!

"I may look young, but I have been studying this 'demon fox', as that is the reputation it has gained, for forty years now... I'm not as young as I look. In every book I have read, I have never heard of such a glyph... So. Where did you find this out?"

Oh sh*t! I'm late! The demons face remains somewhat calm, but twitches a little as he is surprised by his own thoughts.

"I have to go. I will return in a few hours time. Once the others are here, give them my instructions. You seem moderately trustworthy, so do not disappoint me. Once the party has assembled themselves in the common room, allow them to finish their morning meals, praying, and the like, and bring them to this table. The others have been reserved for a party of orcs in about half of an hour, and senseless bloodshed for taking their table is not something my group should be involved in. In caddition, I would not like to be banned from my place of business because some new trainess decided they would become rowdy. Anyhow... There is a forest at the edge of this town, north of here. Some of you may know of it, especially Senora, as Delita Forest. She seems to know a good deal about nature. She, or anyone else who knows of it can help you navigate the woods. there should not be trouble there, as they inhabit nothing more than a few bears and some other forest rodents."

"Once you reach the end of the woods, you will come to a small cottage. A hermit who i have known for many years will be there. This will be an assignment astray from this present one. He has become a threat to me and this town, and he has assembled a small army, primarily composed of druids and a nymph. I have been watching him very carefully. I may have known him for many years, but we were never friends. You are to kill him and anyone else that stands in your way. After you have completed that, the cottage should provide you with supplies for the rest of the night. I will meet you there when your job is done. If anyone cares to inquire if this is leading them away from the primary objective, it is not. The mountains you are heading towards are four hundred miles to the north-east of that cottage. Yes, you have a long way to go. I will be leaving you now. I expect an answer to my question when I return."

A few unintelligble words escape and the gesture that follows fades Damon from existence.

Meanwhile... in the Abyss.

"Forgive me Dracinsyr... I did not mean to be tardy. I am in effort to compile a band of mercenaries. They seem to be moving a little slower than I would hope, but all of them have wonderful potential. Once they reach the end of their use, I'll have their souls... do not worry." As Damon says this, he bows in respect for the horrific creature before him.

A large demon sits atop an altar of steel, a large, jagged beak and void eyes compile the violet face. The remainder of his body is bulbos, covered in purplish domes that resemle faces behind plastic wrap... the souls he is fed trapped withing him.. Two spiked tentacles make up his arms, each giving him a superb reach of twenty feet. Though he is lacking any feet, the wall behind him is given a leathery appearacne, as strong muscular wings encompass the walls of the room. Certainly a sight to be disgusted by, but even more so feared, by a demon as low as a succubus.

"Well, Damon. I suppose your outstanding record with me will excuse this tardiness this once. After all, were you not the only survivor of the aptly named 'Kitsune War'? You have no reason to apologize... just do not make it a habit." The massive creature laughs in an oily baritone, shaking a few loose stones from the ceiling. Though frightening, he is obviously very jovial. "What news have you brought to me, and what souls have you brought as well? I am famished!" His voice booms with the last word, but his wings keep the structure from collapsing. In a war torn realm, the extra support is a must.

Bah! What a sickening creature! Had he not been so powerful, I would have overthrown him centuries ago! "I have news of the kistsune m'lord. it is evident that this group I have assempbled adapts quickly to the knowledge presented, and there is one elf in particular who seems to know an unusual amount. I plan to keep close watch on her. There is also a thief, the name of Enos he goes by. He seems strange for an old man, as though he knows something but keeps it hidden behind his 'charming' nature. I don't trust him very well, but certainly more than the elf or the others. As for the souls... I have but a handful of fey. The centaurs gave me a small amount of trouble, but the pixies were of no concern. Sadly, the most valuable one would be the chieftain of the cenataur tribe I raided. In time, you will be pleased with what I bring you, as it should suffice a great meal to last you many years."

As the succubus hands the sack of jars to Dracinsyr he grimaces slightly, but then smiles. In due time, my dear pompous waste of a master, you will have no need for the souls of others. Your seat will be mine, and my plan has already begun to incubate...

"I must take my leave m'lord. I have other things to attend to."

"Yes, yes Damon! These will do fine for now! In fact, this chieftain you so claim as worthless will tide me for the next month! do as you will! Should you continure this loyalty, you will have all that you wish for in time! Enjoy yourself!"

"I will m'lord... I will."

OOC - Wonderful! Right, since your character woke at dawn, Salinye, and Archaneus' character came up "seeing it’s half an hour till dawn" I will start with Feralon, and then Senora, (though may bumb into you Senora, depending on how long this takes).

Also, I'll try and play your characters as little as possible (since I have a mortal fear of not portraying them quite right. :P ) BTW - Did you want Feralon to have given his name already? If not, then I can chage it, no worries.

~~~

BiC -

It was, in actuality, an early morning adventurer's group that woke Enos early the next day. They thundered down his hallway, and from their first step, Enos' eyes opened. He had instinctively gripped his dagger as he emerged from a restless sleep. His thoughts raced of stealth and death before he remembered their endless chatter last night.

A loud confident warrior had bunked in the room next to him, and the walls were thin. The words "treasure" "lake" and "serpent" had come up many many times, and Enos' theiving ear could not but help perking every time they spoke - despite his lack of interest in their little quest.

I'd bet my 3000 gp that only half of their crew return with a quarter of their wealth and health. They are understaffed, and arrogant. Still, a welcome wake up call.

Realizing who they were, he did not release the dagger until he heard their final footsteps down the stairs. Then he got up from his bed, stretched and cleaned up (for he did not know when next he would be able to). His items were spread out, just as he liked them. His only action was to pace for much of the morning, as the sky outside turned to a lighter blue with the coming of the dawn.

...And so now we disembark. I'd not touch Iriador with a ten foot wizard's staff unless I had to. A democratic party may be in my best interests though, if I can meet the gaze of enough of the group. Still, if anyone dies, it's a whole different playground.

There was a knock at the door. Firm but not hard. Enos immeadiately fell his hand down to his sheath, but found no dagger. It was still on his bed. He quickened his pace and resheathed the dagger, and regarded the mess about his room: bedroll, theiving kit, tent, rope etc. Nothing of importance...

"Come in."

"Good morning" was the reply of Feralon, as Enos opened the door and invited him in.

Ah, the elven friend. Strange, I had not expected him, but that does not mean his entry is entirely unwanted.

"Excuse the mess, Feralon was it? You seem to have caught me in thought. I hope you slept well." Enos' expression was that of a fake kindness - not intended at the elf, but at the plesantries of the morning. It was obvious that Enos wished to skip straight to the point. "I know that I had a horrible time trying to do so. The people in the room next to me... well, nevermind. It is unimportant."

I haven't the patience for this. Let us inquire.

Enos' expression changed to a look of determination, and when he smiled, it revealled both sharp teeth and sharp thought - though neither particularly offensive. "I wonder what you bring to the table, my new ally. Private conversation is where one can easily feel safe - despite popular believe."

The shadows grant an unveiling of masks that otherwise are permanent.

Gathering his things and packing as he spoke, Enos continued. "My skills are simple. I excell with traps, arming and disarming, and basic theivery tasks. I am knowledgeable in a dungen, and have high interests in these people and this quest. I would lie if I said the gold did not interest me, but the idea of the Mirror in the hands of the wrong person does disturb me."

"But I know nothing of you friend. The idea of elves are not uncommon to my mind, but they, as always, remain somewhat mythical and their powers are diverse. Please, enlighten me as to your thoughts. And - I know what you're thinking. Why now, why alone? Well, call me a greedy old man." Enos grinned with a wink. "I like to know what the group has to offer, and what powers surround me. Truth allows for the best party - mercenary or otherwise. Your words and secrets are safe in these walls, though I can understand if you do not wish to entrust them with me."

Perhaps... I don't know if it will work, but it is certainly worth trying. I can learn about him indefinately no matter his decision to speak or walk out.

~~~

OOC - Sorry so short, and brief, I wrote half of it and had to go, so I had to rush. If Senora wishes to jump in/interrupt us/walk away, feel free to do so Salinye. I don't want to keep you waiting.

Iriador sits, cradling a mug of tea in slender hands, slowly sipping and waiting for the others, mulling over Damon's instructions...and the fact that she had better think quick of a good excuse and hope that he didn't know how to cast any kind of Truthspell.

"I wonder where he went and what kind of business he is doing..." Iriador whispers to herself, tapping her chin with one slender finger. Slowly, she gets up: no use waiting. She might as well seek out the others herself.

Edited by Elwen

OOC - Archaneus, I wanted to get moving a bit, so I tryed to 'avoid' our conversation (being the coward that I am, and not wanting to play your character. :P ). I think actually, after you read how I worked around it, that it gives us freedom to use it later for some artistic measure (flashbacks etc). Or, if not, we can just pretend it was a meaningless conversation. Either way, I'm easy. If you want to go over details, then great, you can PM me. Otherwise we can just play it by ear. :) Sorry to skip ahead a bit though.

~~~

BiC -

Behind closed doors, Feralon and Enos spoke. The room beneath them could hear their subtle footsteps, barely creaking the rotten floorboards. So light, in fact, that the sleeper whose conciousness was parralel to the sun's was not disturbed. As he lay innocently asleep above him, two minds had already begun the day. And, in the room beside the two silent steppers, a conversation could not be known. True, the mumblings of words could be heard, but to the hazy mind of a morning dweller it could be interpretted in a dozen different ways. Truely - a ranger and a thief knew the ways of tranquillity. Whether their conversation warrented it or not was irrelevant - to them, it was natural.

And, at the stroke of dawn and the rising of the sun, it ceased. As if it was a realization that the day had started - the two moved more boistriously (sp?) now. But they were not the only ones. The entire tavern began to groan and move about as the sun and the smell of breakfast moved them.

The two current tenants fell to a hush in their dealings as Senora graced the second floor. During her indecision, the two had reached conlusion - their discussion known only to the sky and the tavern walls.

"...Then I shall see you soon, Feralon. I smell breakfast already, and do not wish to keep the others waiting. Carry on without me, I'll be a moment to pack up my things." As Enos turned to the door, there was a soft knock.

How convenient.... who now walks the way of the second floor I wonder?

Opening the door, Senora stood in the torchlit hall, and in wafted her pleasant aroma, along with the distinct scent of bacon and other breakfast foods.

"Ah, Senora. Good morning. Feralon was just leaving actually. Do you wish to talk? I don't have long, and will have to pack as we do, if a lady such as yourself doesn't mind an improper host."

You should have been earlier Senora.... we'll only be able to touch the surface of things now. Oh well, at least it gives me some kind of connection with her.

Feralon nodded quietly in greetings to Senora and farewell to Enos. "See you both soon," he said in leaving. His footsteps could not be heard as he turned down the hall. Enos turned his full attention to Senora, seemingly unattentive to the task of packing. His dagger sparkled by his side, strangely ornate compared to his tattered clothing. He made no further notion for her to enter, but left a clear path and the door wide open. His eyes took the time to examine her - intently gazing on her beauty and the unicorn upon her tunic. He smiled faintly and awaited response before turning to his work.

Religion and beauty in the same vessel. A detriment and a blessing to the group. I hope I am skilled enough to capitalize on her strengths...

And further the diabolical mind ran, in the mere fractions of seconds that passed...

Hmmm.... And I am hungry too. I think I shall have bacon and ham this morning, with my new found wealth

(OOC - everyone's gotta eat, right? :lol: )