Ever stuck again.

One end I'm perfect,

to the other, dull and imperfect,

the hated and loved son,

for who, not my own family.

Foolish families,

forever cursed by their ignorance,

and arrogance,

forever gone I'll be, a problem child, again.

Steve Smith

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/extremepoetry

• 3 weeks later...

this is an interesting poem on the Family Roles.

[begin boring lecture]

Studies show that families tend to label each person. The strict parent. The go-to parent. The good child. The bad child. the music child. the art child. the screw-up, the alcoholic one. etc etc etc

The danger, shown in the studies, is that when a person tries to grow or change their role - the entire rest of the family subconsciously does their level best to force the person back into their role - to maintain the stability.

That's why in young people, individual problems require family counseling. Some Bad Boy tries to become good - and is sabotaged. Not maliciously, but it happens none the less.

[/end boring lecture]

Good work.

Families that are split apart for whatever reason tend to have warped and twisted views of the children that were a product of the relationship that has now gone sour. Its often ironic to think that adults can be so childish, not to allow themselves to view a person for who they are..but for what they remind them of. Its similiar to the child who's older brother is the perfect athelete and as a result the child gets pushed towards the same path.

You have a gift of putting very tense and unique subjects into poetry Master Devin. As hard as it is to read at times because of the subjects, I never regret it once I do.

Thank you for sharing! (TYFS!)